President Donald Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2017, 03:16 PM
RE: President Donald Trump
(01-02-2017 02:41 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(01-02-2017 01:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I once played (the organ) for a *really* "hoity-toity" wedding. The bride and her mother were actually walking around in the sanctuary smoking cigarettes before the service, looking at all the potted palms they rented for the church service. I remember the minister came over to the musicians and said, "Well, I guess this proves that good taste is not the prerogative of any one class of people". Laugh out loadLaugh out load
Trumpy and Company prove that on a daily basis.

Don’t tell anyone I told you this, but on the very rare occasions when I watch TV and have the time, I kinda enjoy (in a perverted, rant-filled way ;-)) watching something called Platinum Weddings (even weirder as I don’t really believe in/see the point of marriage and have never, not once, “dreamt” of myself as a bride, like *all* girls do since they are five, as we all know Dodgy ) and god almighty, it’s such an exercise in pukeworthy tastelessness and mush. Crystals on living trees brought from the other end of the world and shiny things as far as the eye can see Facepalm

[Image: 34309229.jpg]

(One of the very first conversations you and I had here was about music and how much I dislike the organ. Still can’t stand that awful mechanical sound. More’s the pity, because I love baroque psalms and way too often they are accompanied by an organ (like, there are precious few recordings of Benedetto Marcello’s gorgeous psalms (he has a couple in Hebrew, even!) as it is, I don’t want to have to listen to the clanking of an organ in the background (esp. in one of them, where the countertenor (a voice I generally adore) verges on the unlistenable)

What were we talking about again? Consider

I had never been in a church at all, until I was at my grandfather's funeral when I was about 12 and someone played the organ. Before that the one and only association I had with organ music was when I watched the old silent movie, Phantom of the Opera from 1924 and organ music was played a lot as background music. I always associated organ music with nutso-crazy people because of that movie.

[Image: d38e81faf1880e0fa7433984c7a42578.jpg]

[Image: phantom-at-the-organ.jpg]

I think every video clip of Trump doing anything.... talking, walking, scowling at his wife.... just anything at all, should be accompanied by crazy, Phantom of the Opera style oregon music. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
01-02-2017, 03:19 PM
Different strokes for different folks, I guess, but I love organ music. I have a 16-CD set of Bach's complete organ music, and I could listen to that stuff all day. I suppose an organ could make clanking noises, but I don't hear that on any of my recordings.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
01-02-2017, 03:33 PM
(01-02-2017 03:19 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Different strokes for different folks, I guess, but I love organ music. I have a 16-CD set of Bach's complete organ music, and I could listen to that stuff all day. I suppose an organ could make clanking noises, but I don't hear that on any of my recordings.

Hobo

Organ music.........

[Image: scream__1__400x400.jpg]

However, enjoy you organ music,Grasshopper. Everyone to their own taste. Big Grin Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
01-02-2017, 03:51 PM
(01-02-2017 03:16 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I had never been in a church at all, until I was at my grandfather's funeral when I was about 12 and someone played the organ. Before that the one and only association I had with organ music was when I watched the old silent movie, Phantom of the Opera from 1924 and organ music was played a lot as background music. I always associated organ music with nutso-crazy people because of that movie.

I think every video clip of Trump doing anything.... talking, walking, scowling at his wife.... just anything at all, should be accompanied by crazy, Phantom of the Opera style oregon music. Thumbsup

Hahaha! Well, that explains it! All this time I was thinking we must be living in a crappy reality show, but a silent movie makes so much more sense (also explains why the jokes are so unfunny* Dodgy )The Ghastly Adventures of Trumpferatu and Count Scottula

[Image: trumpferatu.jpg]

* No, I’m not saying that all silent movies suck at humour. I just don’t like physical comedy much. As a rule (to which, obviously, there are exceptions Rolleyes )

(I was Eastern Orthodox (nominally at least, I was a self-taught religionist, really) - we don't have organs, but rather lovely chants. Actually, our priests kinda chant, too (not quite like this, obviously, this is a classically trained bass):

(01-02-2017 03:19 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Different strokes for different folks, I guess, but I love organ music. I have a 16-CD set of Bach's complete organ music, and I could listen to that stuff all day. I suppose an organ could make clanking noises, but I don't hear that on any of my recordings.

But of course, different strokes (pun intended?) for different folks. I’m much more into Italian baroque anyway. Actually, almost exclusively, with a bit of French stuff thrown in for good measure ( Laughat ). (Handel doesn’t count – he’s his own man. Well, composer, really ;-)) I used to love the harpsichord and have now added it to “mechanically clanking instruments I don’t much care for". Plus, I’m really much more into string and wind instruments (Albinoni has some lovely oboe concertos and the oboe is so lovely Heart )

Yeah, that's a subject you do *not* want me to get started on, as I can go on for freaking ever Rolleyes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2017, 04:01 PM
(01-02-2017 03:51 PM)Vera Wrote:  

But of course, different strokes (pun intended?) for different folks. I’m much more into Italian baroque anyway. Actually, almost exclusively, with a bit of French stuff thrown in for good measure ( Laughat ). (Handel doesn’t count – he’s his own man. Well, composer, really ;-)) I used to love the harpsichord and have now added it to “mechanically clanking instruments I don’t much care for". Plus, I’m really much more into string and wind instruments (Albinoni has some lovely oboe concertos and the oboe is so lovely Heart )

Yeah, that's a subject you do *not* want me to get started on, as I can go on for freaking ever Rolleyes

Organs essentially are wind instruments, though -- they are just activated by a keyboard. British keyboardist Richard Egarr has referred to the organ as a "box of recorders".

Tongue
01-02-2017, 04:11 PM
(01-02-2017 04:01 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Organs essentially are wind instruments, though -- they are just activated by a keyboard. British keyboardist Richard Egarr has referred to the organ as a "box of recorders".

But still mechanical (and clanking Tongue ). If you ain't blowing with your mouth, it dun count Angel

01-02-2017, 04:14 PM
I hope we're not pissing off people who really, really want to read about President Trump. I would rather talk about organs.

Angel
01-02-2017, 04:35 PM
(01-02-2017 04:14 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I hope we're not pissing off people who really, really want to read about President Trump. I would rather talk about organs.

Angel

That was what I loved most about this place when I used to frequent it more... well, frequently - conversations were generally allowed to go into whichever direction people took them. You know, the way it happens in real life interactions (also: ask Girly about the self-correcting ability of important threads)

[Image: 21a354efafce6a84d3238e11c2bdd198.jpg]

[Image: Gorrell10.20.15.jpg]

[Image: Donald-Trump-games-you-should-be-playing-900x440.jpg]

[Image: 193030cc3a6499ee222f02e595c8dc24.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
01-02-2017, 04:57 PM
(01-02-2017 12:55 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Just to remind you how much they care about the low/middle classes... here's the First Lady eating some jewelry.

[Image: JS118957918-epa-vanity-fair-xlarge_trans...jbhUFE.jpg]

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK

"One last thing, isn't it weird that this isn't that shocking? That it's not even the most bizarre thing we've seen this week? Marie Antoinette said 'let them eat cake' and there was a f*cking revolution, meanwhile Melania's eating diamonds and we're all like, 'eh, could be worse.'" -Seth Meyers

I hate to write this phrase, but in all fairness to her, this photo was from a spread in GQ from several years ago (2010) and the stuff in the bowl is part of Melania's QVC line of costume jewely.

Of course the people who used the photo know that, and maybe the point is not so much Marie Antoinette as the fakery...look at Melania, trying to convince us that junk's worth paying 40 bucks for.
01-02-2017, 05:53 PM

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post