President Donald Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2017, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2017 03:43 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: President Donald Trump
(09-02-2017 03:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Elizabeth Warren was told to shut up by the fucking Republicans when she tried to read the letter from Coretta Scott King about that racist, Sessions... but other men were allowed to read it.

It wasn't sexism. I don't think McConnell is racist or sexist. Seems a decent enough fella with some very wrong ideas and the power to make them happen. It was Warren playing McConnell like Banjo playing the drums, provoking him until good sense be damned he just couldn't take it anymore. We wouldn't be talking about it if old man didn't forget where he was for a second. Well played Lizzie, can I call you Lizzie?, well played. She's running in 2020. I see Warren/Franken 2020.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-02-2017, 03:43 PM
(09-02-2017 03:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  She's running in 2020. I see Warren/Franken 2020.

Good ticket, I'd vote for them. Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
09-02-2017, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2017 04:23 PM by GirlyMan.)
(09-02-2017 03:43 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(09-02-2017 03:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  She's running in 2020. I see Warren/Franken 2020.

Good ticket, I'd vote for them. Thumbsup

I can see it. Warren goes full rabid pit bull on them and Franken comes in and makes fun of them bleeding and writhing and wrenching in pain holding up a series of tetanus shots and laughing. He's got the SNL experience and he's better than Baldwin. He knows how to impugnate you without technically impugning you.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-02-2017, 03:53 PM
(09-02-2017 03:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-02-2017 03:43 PM)pablo Wrote:  Good ticket, I'd vote for them. Thumbsup

I can see it. Warren goes rabid pit bull on them and Franken comes in and makes fun of them bleeding and withing in pain holding up a series of tetanus shots and laughing. He's got the SNL experience and he's better than Baldwin. He can show you how to impugn a fellow senator on the Senate floor without technically impugning him.

He's good enough.

[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
09-02-2017, 03:54 PM
(09-02-2017 03:53 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(09-02-2017 03:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I can see it. Warren goes rabid pit bull on them and Franken comes in and makes fun of them bleeding and withing in pain holding up a series of tetanus shots and laughing. He's got the SNL experience and he's better than Baldwin. He can show you how to impugn a fellow senator on the Senate floor without technically impugning him.

He's good enough.

and gosh darn it, people like him. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-02-2017, 04:05 PM
(09-02-2017 12:57 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-02-2017 08:34 AM)Dom Wrote:  And on the Nordstroem thing - Kelly just said in an interview that she was going to go and buy Ivanka's clothes, and that we all should do so too.

Really? The mouthpiece for the prez telling us to buy his daughter's clothes?

Isn't that... I mean, is the emoluments clause that people were kicking up stink about... or more like... your guys entire constitution... Is it just toilet paper?

Hoping that someone in power, judicial/congress will put an end to this farce soon.

I can see it already, Trump gives a State of the Union and plugs his hotels and Ivanka’s clothing line during the speech. I still don’t understand why his tax records aren’t public.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
09-02-2017, 04:15 PM
(09-02-2017 08:34 AM)Dom Wrote:  And on the Nordstroem thing - Kelly just said in an interview that she was going to go and buy Ivanka's clothes, and that we all should do so too.

Yep. The conflicts of interest just never end.

Even Repubs have conceded that Conway is out of line.

Trump aide Kellyanne Conway 'wrong' over Ivanka plug

From the article:
Quote:The standards chief of the US Congress says a senior Trump aide was "wrong, wrong, wrong" to promote Ivanka Trump products on live television.

Retailer Nordstrom earlier this month dropped the US first daughter's clothing line, citing a lack of sales.

But Kellyanne Conway told Fox News (ed: colour me surprised that she's on Fox hawking Trump stuff) on Thursday: "Go buy Ivanka's stuff."

Jason Chaffetz, a Republican who heads the oversight committee in Congress, said the promotion was "clearly over the line, unacceptable".
(emphasis added)

There's a move afoot in Canada as well to have any Trump merchandise pulled from The Bay, one of Canada's largest retailers.

Growing online backlash over Ivanka Trump brand offered at The Bay
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
09-02-2017, 04:35 PM
(09-02-2017 04:15 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  

Yep. The conflicts of interest just never end.

Even Repubs have conceded that Conway is out of line.

Trump aide Kellyanne Conway 'wrong' over Ivanka plug

From the article:
Quote:The standards chief of the US Congress says a senior Trump aide was "wrong, wrong, wrong" to promote Ivanka Trump products on live television.

Retailer Nordstrom earlier this month dropped the US first daughter's clothing line, citing a lack of sales.

But Kellyanne Conway told Fox News (ed: colour me surprised that she's on Fox hawking Trump stuff) on Thursday: "Go buy Ivanka's stuff."

Jason Chaffetz, a Republican who heads the oversight committee in Congress, said the promotion was "clearly over the line, unacceptable".
(emphasis added)

There's a move afoot in Canada as well to have any Trump merchandise pulled from The Bay, one of Canada's largest retailers.

Growing online backlash over Ivanka Trump brand offered at The Bay

I'd written to Nordstroms about Ivanka about a month ago and told them I wasn't going to buy their products until they dropped her line of clothes. They got back to me with a form email but it was fairly specific to the Ivanka controversy. Not that I ever shop there but I might just buy some small thing online just to support this positive step. I want to accent the positive and eliminate the negative....like the song says.

Conway is a dip-shit.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
09-02-2017, 04:41 PM
(09-02-2017 04:35 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Conway is a dip-shit.

I think she's smart enough to realize it and finds it all rather embarrassing. She keeps showing up on Morning Joe. I'm telling you she's looking to jump ship before Trump makes her go full retard. She knows there's no coming back from full retard.

#sigh
09-02-2017, 06:31 PM
(09-02-2017 02:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-02-2017 02:36 PM)tomilay Wrote:  This behavior is common in third world dictatorships. I am not so much shocked by what comes out of this White House than by the assumption, unstated, that we should behave as if this is okay. It's barely 3 weeks, it's obvious the man is unfit. But these are the standards that the Republican party is willing to accept for these United States.

I guess your founding father chaps were a little remiss in assuming that the populace would always elect a suitable fucker. Pity about that, or they'd have designed a quick and easy removal process.

They were pretty clear on the idea that a functioning democracy requires an educated voter base.

Given that that condition hasn't been the case for a while, it's sad, but no surprise, to see where we are now.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post