President Trump: How The F**k Did It Happen?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-11-2016, 02:44 AM
RE: President Trump: How The F**k Did It Happen?
The worst thing of all is the house and senate are majority Republicans now too. I guess its 8 years of Trump with the democrates being the ones to impede everything the republicans are doing. Hopefully they will be more successful at doing so.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2016, 02:46 AM
(09-11-2016 02:39 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Well, now we find out if Trump is a member of the Republican party or the Trumpian party.

Are the Repunlicans capable of weilding any control or even influence over him?

How much will his personal qualities be allowed to shape the nation and its policies?

When certain of his promises are shown to be impossible what with those of his followers with IQs the same as their shoe size do?

We truly live in interesting times.

Oh, shit.

I apologize in advance for all the crap that my country is going to cause the world. I will always be proud that I didn't vote for trump.

I can't sleep right now. I'm too upset.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 9 users Like dancefortwo's post
09-11-2016, 02:49 AM
(09-11-2016 02:07 AM)Glossophile Wrote:  I have never been more embarrassed on behalf of my country than I am now! I mean, Clinton was definitely no angel, but at least she would've been competent and not potentially set the US back about 50 years or so. I'm suspicious that there was a serious disparity in voter turnout between the pro-Trump and the anti-Trump camp, but in any case, this is incredibly disheartening. This is an indictment of the American people, as many have said, because Trump embodies most or all of our culture's worst impulses. We've just elected a thin-skinned, bigoted, dimwitted man-child to the highest office in the land!

I was watching the live podcast by Aron Ra and co, and he seems to think that Trump is likely to be impeached before he ever really takes office, which will put Pence in his stead. As much as I don't want a creationist in the White House, I don't see how he could possibly be as bad as Trump, so here's hoping that Aron Ra's prediction comes true.

I'll be here, praying to the god I don't believe in that the path Trump (or Pence) forges for the country isn't irrevocable. At this point, the best I could hope for is for four years of Trump's conservative excesses to finally break the spell and make even most Republicans finally turn away from the cesspool of bigotry and lunacy that is the religious right.

My husband and I are seriously thinking of moving to Canada. I have brothers that live up there. Vancouver BC isn't that much colder and rainier than Portland Oregon so I could get used to it. This country is fucked.....totally fucked.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
09-11-2016, 02:55 AM
Whatever, my life's been a piece of shCensoredt anyway.

I say, WELCOME, PRESIDENT TRUMP! MAY THE END OF THE WORLD BE SWIFT! Evil_monster

The end of the world only hurts those who have something to lose.
[+] 3 users Like Naridar's post
09-11-2016, 02:59 AM
(09-11-2016 02:49 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  My husband and I are seriously thinking of moving to Canada. I have brothers that live up there. Vancouver BC isn't that much colder and rainier than Portland Oregon so I could get used to it. This country is fucked.....totally fucked.

I'm a physically disabled graduate student who still depends on his family just enough that moving anywhere on my own isn't feasible. Otherwise, Canada would be a very serious consideration for me, too.

Then again, perhaps it would be truer to my convictions for me to grit my teeth, stay in the US, and become more active in the fight against Trump's policies. As they say, be the change you want to see in the world.

The only sacred truth in science is that there are no sacred truths. – Carl Sagan
Sōla vēritās sancta in philosophiā nātūrālī est absentia vēritātum sanctārum.
Ἡ μόνη ἱερᾱ̀ ἀληθείᾱ ἐν φυσικῇ φιλοσοφίᾳ ἐστίν ἡ ἱερῶν ἀληθειῶν σπάνις.
09-11-2016, 03:03 AM
Consolation Prize

When the United States is burning down all around us, we lucky few can at least say "I didn't vote for that asshole, it's on you dipshits".

Still, our country is now the set of a reality TV show. I'd have been less mortified if the last winner of American Idol had just won the election through SMS voting.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
09-11-2016, 03:12 AM
It's such a downgrade going from Obama to a guy who looks like a dead squirrel hitched a ride across country on the head of a Walking Dead extra.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 5 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
09-11-2016, 03:12 AM
How long before the Japanese yen becomes the world's safe-haven currency rather than the US dollar? Undecided

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
09-11-2016, 03:19 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2016 03:25 AM by Mathilda.)
(09-11-2016 02:39 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  One thing that could happen is that when trump fails to do the things that his voters think he will do they'll turn on him. There's no possible way he can't fail. He can't build a wall, he can't do any of the things he said he will do......unless he becomes dictator, then we've got much bigger problems.

You've got much bigger problems then.

This is what all dictators do. They promise everything in order to get elected and don't deliver on their promises. They don't have to. There's nothing their voters can do.

Then there will be some national emergency like the Reichstag fire / 911 or whatever that demonises a vulnerable minority and oppressive new laws will be brought in. Violence will increase as the core supporters become emboldened and authorities turn a blind eye.

Then the party tries to instil its values into all walks of life so that people become afraid to publicly speak out.

It's unthinkable at the moment that parts of the constitution could ever be removed. But this is what happens with the slide into fascism. Every step seems reasonable and the step after that seems unthinkable ... until it happens. This is why it's referred to as the thin end of the wedge.

Most people do not knowingly vote for fascism. It creeps in by the back door.
[+] 9 users Like Mathilda's post
09-11-2016, 03:20 AM
(09-11-2016 03:12 AM)SYZ Wrote:  How long before the Japanese yen becomes the world's safe-haven currency rather than the US dollar? Undecided

Already heading that way it seems.

The man is, it seems, internationally indicted by the same wheelers and dealers who know just what kind of shit he is.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.