President Trump: How The F**k Did It Happen?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-11-2016, 11:44 AM
RE: President Trump: How The F**k Did It Happen?
(09-11-2016 09:27 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 08:34 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Me too, well said Mathilda

Add my name to that list as well. You people here seem to recognise that there actually is a world outside of your borders with people who have a different mindset.

+1

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2016, 11:45 AM
Addressing the OP, there will be many post-mortem analyses as to the why, here is one that resonates with me.

Trump won because college-educated Americans are out of touch

"The most important divide in this election was not between whites and non-whites. It was between those who are often referred to as “educated” voters and those who are described as “working class” voters.

The reality is that six in 10 Americans do not have a college degree, and they elected Donald Trump. College-educated people didn’t just fail to see this coming — they have struggled to display even a rudimentary understanding of the worldview of those who voted for Trump. This is an indictment of the monolithic, insulated political culture in the vast majority our colleges and universities.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/postevery...-of-touch/

Undecided

I better get out there and get in touch, even grope if I have to.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
09-11-2016, 11:47 AM
Abraham Lincolns speech on a house divided.

http://www.abrahamlincolnonline.org/linc.../house.htm

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
09-11-2016, 11:48 AM
(09-11-2016 11:40 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 11:36 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I need a girl hug. I've collapsed sobbing several times. I'm so afraid for my transgender daughter. Just when she was really hitting her stride now she has to come up against trump followers who have had their hatred of gays and transgender people legitimized by trumps election.

Dance, you've been up for ever, get some food a few stiff drinks and some sleep you have my hugs today of course Smile Hug Hug
And mine
HugHug

Them shitting bears are bad enough without the shitty Trump as well!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
(09-11-2016 11:05 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 10:52 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I am trying to hold on to the fact that nearly 50% of Americans voted for her. 50% of us got it right.

We are truly a divided nation.

A division I could live with is the Left Coast breaking off. California, Oregon and Washington state would make a great country. I won't go to Canada, I'm staying put.

A fracturing might be the only way for individual like minded states or groups of states to actually make progress in the direction they want, whether it be secularism or Jesusism.

In the above mentioned example, I'd highly suggest getting Nevada in on it for purely strategic reasons,

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
(09-11-2016 11:33 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, maybe it's already sinking in, many deeply religious friends have just noted that while Hillary quoted the bible and ended her speech with god bless America....

Trump didn't mention god at all.

I couldn't help but to smirk.

You do know that she belongs to the same church as GW Bush, don't ya???

True fact.

Look it up....

Methodists......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
09-11-2016, 11:49 AM
(09-11-2016 11:48 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Them shitting bears are bad enough without the shitty Trump as well!

Amen!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-11-2016, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2016 12:21 PM by Szuchow.)
(09-11-2016 11:29 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 11:27 AM)Sturm Wrote:  it proves that someone who is good at exploiting people's fear can be elected. In a way, that's not so surprising, fear is what has always led humanity (what does religion but exploiting people's fear ?), but that's still very sad that this is still the case in 2016...
That makes me even more worried that the far right side wins the french election next year since they are using the exact same strategy.

This is precisely what Hitler did.

Not really. Hitler promised return to the spirit of national unity, overturning Versailes treaty and ending disliked democracy. He indeed used fear (bolsheviks) but I would say that he mostly went with hope. Fear was used later when war with USSR took bad direction.

Quote: I know that trope is marched out all the time and probably too often it is a gross overgeneralization. But it seems right now that the only actual differences between Trump and Hitler are that Trump was never a painter and he didn't lose the first time he tried

Hitler was war hero (or not accounts wary, he did have a medal though) who was chosen by elites as someone easy to control. His popularity played a big role in him being chosen though.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
09-11-2016, 12:03 PM
(09-11-2016 11:38 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 11:36 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I need a girl hug. I've collapsed sobbing several times. I'm so afraid for my transgender daughter. Just when she was really hitting her stride now she has to come up against trump followers who have had their hatred of gays and transgender people legitimized by trumps election.

Most trump supporters I meet liked gay people, hell one of the biggest trump fans was gay.
Transgender people aren't gay, they are people stuck in the wrong biological body, there are exceptions but mostly m to f and f to m trans people are heterosexual.
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post
09-11-2016, 12:06 PM
I'm sitting here realizing I have no fucking clue what Trump is actually gonna do. He doesn't give a shit about keeping any campaign promises. I think we are in for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. At least it'll be interesting. Thanks Obama.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post