President Trump: How The F**k Did It Happen?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-11-2016, 03:51 PM
RE: President Trump: How The F**k Did It Happen?
(09-11-2016 03:04 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Oh yeah one more thing on the Canadian immigration thing. If you have so much as a pot related conviction or a DUI, forget it. You'll need a royal pardon first. And during your immigration interview, when they ask you if you've ever smoked or have any intention of smoking pot, say no. Honesty is not the best policy, they will bar your ass from entering the country.

Any immigration info you can post would be helpful. I can't get on the site. I've been trying for two days.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2016, 03:52 PM
(09-11-2016 03:45 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 03:04 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Oh yeah one more thing on the Canadian immigration thing. If you have so much as a pot related conviction or a DUI, forget it. You'll need a royal pardon first. And during your immigration interview, when they ask you if you've ever smoked or have any intention of smoking pot, say no. Honesty is not the best policy, they will bar your ass from entering the country.

Bolding mine. One can get a top secret clearance in the US if they haven't done it in the last 10 years. It used to be "have you ever", but after Billy Bob claimed he "didn't inhale", the standards were relaxed. Canada is that hard over? No offense, you guys, but it looks like your gov has a stick in its ass on some things. I don't indulge in pot, but I don't mind everybody else's business.

My 2 brothers live in Canada and smoke pot all the time. I thought they were pretty complacent about pot smoking up there. Or is it just immigrating there, they don't want any more pot heads?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
09-11-2016, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2016 03:59 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
Trump is like Reagan was: a huge personality with little actual knowledge, who will be easy for them to control in many ways. He certainly doesn't care enough to stand in the way of the guys like Pence and the rest of the Religious Right/Moral Majority types who wish to reinstall elements of theocracy and control women's bodies... he obviously thinks he can personally control women's bodies, so, there's that.

But worse, whoever said he has no beliefs was dead wrong. Trump's religion is Capitalism. He's as hardline for the wealthy class's hyper-Capitalist outlook on things (which, unfortunately, they have sold wholesale to the working class ever since Reagan's "Trickle Down" bullshit) as any Communist to ever lead the USSR. He will put in Supreme Court Justices who will pass decisions, whenever corporate rights conflict with personal rights, that will take the outlook of Citizens United to new heights.

Congress, having done nothing for the past 8 years, is about to explode with a flurry of the legislation they've been promising their constituents, and many or most of them will set about trying to roll back the New Deal. Every environmental regulation, every law or executive order that allowed businesses to actually be held accountable for the damages they do, all of it... disemboweled in the course of a few months.

Trump will sign all of it. The Supreme Court will not even try to stop them.*

By the time the conservative working class Americans realize that this new reality is harming them, it will be far too late to do much about it. Environmental poison and collapse, resource scarcity conflicts, and America leaning ever more heavily on its massive military to intimidate the rest of the world when they object to our actions, it can get very nasty very quickly, in only a few years. The United States has ~5% of the world's population, yet consumes nearly a quarter of its resources.

We're either going to become a near-Third-World country, and our economy tank too hard for us to sustain our empire (while the corporate bosses just move their HQ and homes somewhere more comfortable, now that the USA is used up), or we're going to war with the world. I just don't see any way around this pattern.

* Edit to Add: And the congress will start pandering to the theocratic base, passing laws against all the social ills they perceive, which will make the Donald very popular when he does the photo-op, signing them. President "Grab Her by the Pussy" won't care even a little bit about the rights women lose, for which they have fought so hard for so long. We're going to see major steps toward theocratic America, even as we grow militant and more militarized. Digging bomb shelters might not be a bad idea.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
09-11-2016, 03:55 PM
(09-11-2016 03:51 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

Any immigration info you can post would be helpful. I can't get on the site. I've been trying for two days.

I've visited Vancouver BC. It's a beautiful city, kinda European. If I were to move that's where I'd want to live. The people are super nice there but then most Canadians are nice... thank you very much. Your welcome.

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
09-11-2016, 03:59 PM
(09-11-2016 03:55 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 03:51 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Any immigration info you can post would be helpful. I can't get on the site. I've been trying for two days.

I've visited Vancouver BC. It's a beautiful city, kinda European. If I were to move that's where I'd want to live. The people are super nice there but then most Canadians are nice... thank you very much. Your welcome.

I would love to move to Newfoundland, but I know my bf would never go for it Tongue
09-11-2016, 03:59 PM
(09-11-2016 03:54 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Trump is like Reagan...

I just heard him compared to Arnold Schwarzenneger when he became Gov of CA.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...ver-trump/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
09-11-2016, 04:01 PM

Reminds me of a semen back in boot camp circa '80. We all knew enough to lie, lie and keep on lying when they asked that question (n.b. don't smile when they ask you). Well one of the duller ones of us (he was a nuke school candidate so at least he was book smart) let his conscience get the better of him and stopped lying. Things did not go well for him. The lying was a much more serious offense than smoking a little grass back in high school in the late '70's.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
09-11-2016, 04:01 PM
(09-11-2016 03:54 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Trump is like Reagan was: a huge personality with little actual knowledge, who will be easy for them to control in many ways. He certainly doesn't care enough to stand in the way of the guys like Pence and the rest of the Religious Right/Moral Majority types who wish to reinstall elements of theocracy and control women's bodies... he obviously thinks he can personally control women's bodies, so, there's that.

But worse, whoever said he has no beliefs was dead wrong. Trump's religion is Capitalism. He's as hardline for the wealthy class's hyper-Capitalist outlook on things (which, unfortunately, they have sold wholesale to the working class ever since Reagan's "Trickle Down" bullshit) as any Communist to ever lead the USSR. He will put in Supreme Court Justices who will pass decisions, whenever corporate rights conflict with personal rights, that will take the outlook of Citizens United to new heights.

Congress, having done nothing for the past 8 years, is about to explode with a flurry of the legislation they've been promising their constituents, and many or most of them will set about trying to roll back the New Deal. Every environmental regulation, every law or executive order that allowed businesses to actually be held accountable for the damages they do, all of it... disemboweled in the course of a few months.

Trump will sign all of it. The Supreme Court will not even try to stop them.

By the time the conservative working class Americans realize that this new reality is harming them, it will be far too late to do much about it. Environmental poison and collapse, resource scarcity conflicts, and America leaning ever more heavily on its massive military to intimidate the rest of the world when they object to our actions, it can get very nasty very quickly, in only a few years. The United States has ~5% of the world's population, yet consumes nearly a quarter of its resources.

We're either going to become a near-Third-World country, and our economy tank too hard for us to sustain our empire (while the corporate bosses just move their HQ and homes somewhere more comfortable, now that the USA is used up), or we're going to war with the world. I just don't see any way around this pattern.

Oh Rocket. Sadcryface Now I feel sick again. My stomach has been in knots since last night. I may send my kids out to get me some marijuana from the nice clean, organized dispensary down the street. I need something to calm me down.

09-11-2016, 04:06 PM
(09-11-2016 03:59 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 03:54 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Trump is like Reagan...

I just heard him compared to Arnold Schwarzenneger when he became Gov of CA.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...ver-trump/

Reagan fucked up the California school system. It's never been the same. I grew up in California and Reagan was governor for 8 years. From there he went on to 8 years in the presidency so my life was filled with 16 years of Reagan. But I tell ya what, I'd take 16 years of Reagan over one year of trump.....any day.

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
09-11-2016, 04:08 PM
(09-11-2016 01:27 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm gonna bow out as I'm obviously pissing off people that I have respect for and now they're majorly annoyed with me but .... hey ho yo cannot please everyone.... I tried Big Grin Tongue

Were you the guy who stole my drugs? Smile

If anything you make me more of an Anglophile.

Let's have tea and cucumber sandwiches. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post