President Trump: How The F**k Did It Happen?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-11-2016, 04:10 PM
RE: President Trump: How The F**k Did It Happen?
(09-11-2016 03:54 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Trump is like Reagan was: a huge personality with little actual knowledge, who will be easy for them to control in many ways. He certainly doesn't care enough to stand in the way of the guys like Pence and the rest of the Religious Right/Moral Majority types who wish to reinstall elements of theocracy and control women's bodies... he obviously thinks he can personally control women's bodies, so, there's that.

But worse, whoever said he has no beliefs was dead wrong. Trump's religion is Capitalism. He's as hardline for the wealthy class's hyper-Capitalist outlook on things (which, unfortunately, they have sold wholesale to the working class ever since Reagan's "Trickle Down" bullshit) as any Communist to ever lead the USSR. He will put in Supreme Court Justices who will pass decisions, whenever corporate rights conflict with personal rights, that will take the outlook of Citizens United to new heights.

Congress, having done nothing for the past 8 years, is about to explode with a flurry of the legislation they've been promising their constituents, and many or most of them will set about trying to roll back the New Deal. Every environmental regulation, every law or executive order that allowed businesses to actually be held accountable for the damages they do, all of it... disemboweled in the course of a few months.

Trump will sign all of it. The Supreme Court will not even try to stop them.*

By the time the conservative working class Americans realize that this new reality is harming them, it will be far too late to do much about it. Environmental poison and collapse, resource scarcity conflicts, and America leaning ever more heavily on its massive military to intimidate the rest of the world when they object to our actions, it can get very nasty very quickly, in only a few years. The United States has ~5% of the world's population, yet consumes nearly a quarter of its resources.

We're either going to become a near-Third-World country, and our economy tank too hard for us to sustain our empire (while the corporate bosses just move their HQ and homes somewhere more comfortable, now that the USA is used up), or we're going to war with the world. I just don't see any way around this pattern.

* Edit to Add: And the congress will start pandering to the theocratic base, passing laws against all the social ills they perceive, which will make the Donald very popular when he does the photo-op, signing them. President "Grab Her by the Pussy" won't care even a little bit about the rights women lose, for which they have fought so hard for so long. We're going to see major steps toward theocratic America, even as we grow militant and more militarized. Digging bomb shelters might not be a bad idea.

Dead on.

Trump win disaster for Australian economy.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2016, 04:12 PM
I have never felt so ashamed for being an American. >.<
[+] 2 users Like AnaBunny's post
09-11-2016, 04:27 PM
(09-11-2016 12:22 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I remember in 2008 when the right was parroting the same rhetoric.

Ain't nothing drastic gonna happen just like nothing drastic happened with Obama.

My candidate lost too. Oh well. Life goes on. The amount of melodrama this produces is hilarious.

For those that are continuing to freak out.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
09-11-2016, 04:30 PM
(09-11-2016 04:08 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Let's have tea and cucumber sandwiches. Smile

The fuck is a cucumber sandwich? Wouldn't the bread get soggy?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-11-2016, 04:44 PM
(09-11-2016 04:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 04:08 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Let's have tea and cucumber sandwiches. Smile

The fuck is a cucumber sandwich? Wouldn't the bread get soggy?

Cucumber sandwiches are ah-mazing! No soggy-ness if you use the right kind of bread.
09-11-2016, 05:02 PM
(09-11-2016 04:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 04:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The fuck is a cucumber sandwich? Wouldn't the bread get soggy?

Cucumber sandwiches are ah-mazing! No soggy-ness if you use the right kind of bread.

Ah I got you. Hard stale bread. Tongue

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-11-2016, 05:12 PM
(09-11-2016 04:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 04:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The fuck is a cucumber sandwich? Wouldn't the bread get soggy?

[Image: cucumber11.jpg.jpg]

Darn Vegans.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 4 users Like Commonsensei's post
09-11-2016, 05:27 PM
(09-11-2016 05:12 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 04:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Cucumber sandwiches are ah-mazing! No soggy-ness if you use the right kind of bread.

[Image: cucumber11.jpg.jpg]

Darn Vegans.

It's not a vegan thing, the Brits have been eating them for centuries. I ate some when I when I went for tea at the Ritz. (True story). And they were delicious.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
09-11-2016, 05:34 PM
(09-11-2016 05:27 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 05:12 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  [Image: cucumber11.jpg.jpg]

Darn Vegans.

It's not a vegan thing, the Brits have been eating them for centuries. I ate some when I when I went for tea at the Ritz. (True story). And they were delicious.

Looked it up. It looks like they put cream cheese between the bread and the cucumber as a sogginess blocker. Much like putting the tomato between the lettuce and the bacon on a BLT. Guess I could try a BLC. Smile

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-11-2016, 05:36 PM
(09-11-2016 05:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 05:27 PM)Dom Wrote:  It's not a vegan thing, the Brits have been eating them for centuries. I ate some when I when I went for tea at the Ritz. (True story). And they were delicious.

Looked it up. It looks like they put cream cheese between the bread and the cucumber as a sogginess blocker. Much like putting the tomato between the lettuce and the bacon on a BLT. Guess I could try a BLC. Smile

You can also toast the bread and throw some mayo on there (skip the cream cheese) and add a lil salt and pepper and it's instant yum Wink