President Trump: How The F**k Did It Happen?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-11-2016, 06:23 PM
RE: President Trump: How The F**k Did It Happen?
Another option is of course a student visa, but that's not permanent by default unless you find a spouse while you're studying or find a job that can sponsor you once you finish school.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2016, 06:25 PM
(09-11-2016 06:23 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Another option is of course a student visa, but that's not permanent by default unless you get married while you're studying or find a job that can sponsor you once you finish school.

All of that sounds pretty much like the immigration laws in the US.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
09-11-2016, 06:26 PM
(09-11-2016 06:07 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 05:50 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Thanks that's helpful Smile I also went to a random site and got some more info. What kind of careers are in critical demand there? Me and my bf are both healthy and no criminal record, so good there.

Mostly technical degrees, such as various types of engineering or computer programming. For certain areas way up in bumfuck nowhere they sometimes need to fill isolated positions nobody else will fill and you can use that as a path to citizenship, after which you can move and find work elsewhere. There is a detailed, always changing list somewhere on the site of which degrees are in critical demand.

I *finally* got on the immigration website. They have a listing of Skilled Occupations (for anyone who is interested). They also included occupations in the healthcare field (which is what my degrees are in). Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
09-11-2016, 06:27 PM
(09-11-2016 06:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 06:23 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Another option is of course a student visa, but that's not permanent by default unless you get married while you're studying or find a job that can sponsor you once you finish school.

All of that sounds pretty much like the immigration laws in the US.

Yep.

'Murican Canadian
09-11-2016, 06:33 PM
(09-11-2016 06:26 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I *finally* got on the immigration website. They have a listing of Skilled Occupations (for anyone who is interested). They also included occupations in the healthcare field (which is what my degrees are in). Thumbsup

Go for it!
Do it do it do it!

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
09-11-2016, 08:49 PM
(09-11-2016 12:08 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  Obligatory
[Image: 72c.jpg]
Americans proved that you can't fool population indefinitely with science fiction stories about evolution, climate change, etc.

Like you, half the population have IQs lower than 100. They, like you, don't understand how the physical world works.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
09-11-2016, 09:13 PM
(09-11-2016 05:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 05:47 PM)yakherder Wrote:  What do you want to know? You generally either need a degree in critical demand, a job offer which your prospective employer can prove wasn't able to be filled by a Canadian, or a family relationship. In all of the above cases, you need a clean bill of health and absolutely no criminal record. If you have any sort of record, you basically need to request a royal pardon before you can continue with the process.

Don't I get special consideration or something if my mother was born there?

I think you can actually claim (dual) citizenship. There's a process.
"The proof of Canadian citizenship for a Canadian born abroad is a Canadian citizenship certificate. A child born outside Canada to a Canadian parent and meeting certain requirements is a Canadian citizen. "

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2016, 09:21 PM
Curse you and your prophetic insights, Styxhexenhammer666.

I thought he was full of shit when he predicted a Trump win, but he was right. He was fucking right (for the most part) Undecided

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
09-11-2016, 10:40 PM
(09-11-2016 12:22 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I remember in 2008 when the right was parroting the same rhetoric.

Ain't nothing drastic gonna happen just like nothing drastic happened with Obama.

My candidate lost too. Oh well. Life goes on. The amount of melodrama this produces is hilarious.

While I don't disagree completely...I'm not sure what trump will be able to do...I know some things will come into play, but if he's smart, he will ask the democrats help.

Also regarding 2008:

It's also fair to point out that Obama got 67.84% of the electoral vote (365) compared to McCain got 32.16% and 173 electoral votes.

This election is quite different and much more evenly split. 228 for Clinton and 279 for Trump.

This time, literally half the country is pissed rather than just a third.

So there's that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-11-2016, 10:41 PM
I turn 35 on may 7th 2020...Do you think if I had a good enough political platform that America would be willing to grant me leeway for the age 35 thing and run for president?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ