President Trump: How The F**k Did It Happen?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-11-2016, 10:57 PM
RE: President Trump: How The F**k Did It Happen?
(09-11-2016 10:41 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I turn 35 on may 7th 2020...Do you think if I had a good enough political platform that America would be willing to grant me leeway for the age 35 thing and run for president?

They should. I mean, they let a Kenyan be President for 8 years.

[Image: ea767d1fa0cc498272ed158e88af5d20ca6f4754...9bd90a.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2016, 11:05 PM
(09-11-2016 08:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 12:08 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  Obligatory
[Image: 72c.jpg]
Americans proved that you can't fool population indefinitely with science fiction stories about evolution, climate change, etc.

Like you, half the population have IQs lower than 100. They, like you, don't understand how the physical world works.

1/2 the country can't say what the name of the vice-president is.
1/2 the country can't answer the question "Around what celestial object does the earth revolve ?"
The % of American that accept evolution is one of the lowest of all the developed world.

A vast number of American are frighteningly uninformed and ignorant. They think somehow Dumpster can reverse globalization, restore the outdated jobs in the rust belt, and do all sorts of things by presidential decree for which he has no power, and no plan. This is going to be fun to watch. Laugh out load

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-11-2016, 11:10 PM
(09-11-2016 10:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 12:22 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I remember in 2008 when the right was parroting the same rhetoric.

Ain't nothing drastic gonna happen just like nothing drastic happened with Obama.

My candidate lost too. Oh well. Life goes on. The amount of melodrama this produces is hilarious.

While I don't disagree completely...I'm not sure what trump will be able to do...I know some things will come into play, but if he's smart, he will ask the democrats help.

Also regarding 2008:

It's also fair to point out that Obama got 67.84% of the electoral vote (365) compared to McCain got 32.16% and 173 electoral votes.

This election is quite different and much more evenly split. 228 for Clinton and 279 for Trump.

This time, literally half the country is pissed rather than just a third.

So there's that.

That's what I'm saying, though. All that dumb shit Trump has said he's going to do is completely implausible.

He'll have to work with Democrats just like Obama worked with Republicans.

And yes, it was a smaller amount of people crying in 2008/12, but they were still crying over the most extreme, the sky is falling nonsense.

Some big things will happen that the left will not like just like Obama did with Healthcare Reform that the right didn't like... but the nation isn't going to go into a post apocalyptic, barbaric society that far wingers delusionally believe.

The nation will keep chugging along just like it has.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
10-11-2016, 12:24 AM
(09-11-2016 06:41 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 06:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  If American democracy's checks and balances can't stop him then they were a sham anyway.

What checks and balances?

The Republicans own the Senate and the House. The next President is likely to get at least two and probably three SCotUS nominations, and President Trump will choose ones that are 100% pro-corporate, and which will be all but rubberstamped by the Republican congress. Trump has already shown that he is willing to pick a religious fanatic as a running mate... er, I mean Vice President (aaaaaaaaaaaaarrgh!!!), so we shouldn't be surprised if the Repubs have any motivation at all to "stop him".

What's he going to do that they're going to want to stop?

As an example, suppose he carries out his vendetta against the Clintons, Hillary in particular. He instructs his guys to find dirt, any dirt, holds a show trial and attempts to fulfill his election promise of "lock her up" - except there's no evidence of wrongdoing on Hillary's part. The question I have is, does he get opposed? Of course the republicans control house, senate and presidency, but do they rubber stamp something like that? Does the judiciary function independently enough that they can stop him if he decides to deport all Muslims, even if they're American citizens? Does that get rubber stamped too?

They will obviously love him if they railroad through all their economic stuff - ditch the pollution control, cut corporate taxes, but do they have the stomach to accept the real dictator stuff, the undemocratic stuff that a true megalomaniac aspires to?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-11-2016, 12:36 AM
(09-11-2016 02:07 AM)Glossophile Wrote:  I have never been more embarrassed on behalf of my country than I am now! I mean, Clinton was definitely no angel, but at least she would've been competent and not potentially set the US back about 50 years or so. I'm suspicious that there was a serious disparity in voter turnout between the pro-Trump and the anti-Trump camp, but in any case, this is incredibly disheartening. This is an indictment of the American people, as many have said, because Trump embodies most or all of our culture's worst impulses. We've just elected a thin-skinned, bigoted, dimwitted man-child to the highest office in the land!

I was watching the live podcast by Aron Ra and co, and he seems to think that Trump is likely to be impeached before he ever really takes office, which will put Pence in his stead. As much as I don't want a creationist in the White House, I don't see how he could possibly be as bad as Trump, so here's hoping that Aron Ra's prediction comes true.

I'll be here, praying to the god I don't believe in that the path Trump (or Pence) forges for the country isn't irrevocable. At this point, the best I could hope for is for four years of Trump's conservative excesses to finally break the spell and make even most Republicans finally turn away from the cesspool of bigotry and lunacy that is the religious right.

Liberal elitist and progressives gave the election to him with arrogance and always putting down whites. The White's rebelled. IMO

Trump is Obama's true legacy.
[+] 1 user Likes MattB's post
10-11-2016, 12:48 AM
(10-11-2016 12:24 AM)morondog Wrote:  As an example, suppose he carries out his vendetta against the Clintons, Hillary in particular. He instructs his guys to find dirt, any dirt, holds a show trial and attempts to fulfill his election promise of "lock her up" - except there's no evidence of wrongdoing on Hillary's part. The question I have is, does he get opposed? Of course the republicans control house, senate and presidency, but do they rubber stamp something like that? Does the judiciary function independently enough that they can stop him if he decides to deport all Muslims, even if they're American citizens? Does that get rubber stamped too?

They will obviously love him if they railroad through all their economic stuff - ditch the pollution control, cut corporate taxes, but do they have the stomach to accept the real dictator stuff, the undemocratic stuff that a true megalomaniac aspires to?

Insofar as immigration is concerned, Trump cannot just unilaterally deport people. However the amount and number of immigrants allowed is entirely under the purview of the POTUS, so he would be entirely within his power to stop all future Muslims from immigrating legally.

The next question is, isn't religion a protected class? Yes it is. So shouldn't he not be allowed to discriminate against immigrants based on their religion? Sure, if they were citizens, but the Constitution doesn't apply to non-citizens. So, yeah, he could totally stop all Muslim immigration, and be well within his legal power.

Ask for creating a few regiments of Stormtroopers to round up and deport a few millions people at gunpoint? Destroying thousands of families, and taking away the parents of American citizens? Well, that all depends on how crazy everyone else is willing to get.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
10-11-2016, 12:50 AM
(10-11-2016 12:36 AM)MattB Wrote:  Liberal elitist and progressives gave the election to him with arrogance and always putting down whites. The White's rebelled. IMO

Trump is Obama's true legacy.

I'm white, and I didn't 'rebel'. Save your overly broad brush for those stupid enough to not notice it.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-11-2016, 01:01 AM
(10-11-2016 12:48 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Insofar as immigration is concerned, Trump cannot just unilaterally deport people. However the amount and number of immigrants allowed is entirely under the purview of the POTUS, so he would be entirely within his power to stop all future Muslims from immigrating legally.
Would he be able to do that without any input from e.g. senate?

Quote:Ask for creating a few regiments of Stormtroopers to round up and deport a few millions people at gunpoint? Destroying thousands of families, and taking away the parents of American citizens? Well, that all depends on how crazy everyone else is willing to get.
It's been done before. And I think maybe not everyone, but *a lot* of people are quite willing to march into the abyss.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-11-2016, 01:05 AM
Having read this current exchange, I believe Morondog has history more on his side. EK is more willing to allow people to come to their senses.

I admire both.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
10-11-2016, 01:13 AM
(09-11-2016 11:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 10:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  While I don't disagree completely...I'm not sure what trump will be able to do...I know some things will come into play, but if he's smart, he will ask the democrats help.

Also regarding 2008:

It's also fair to point out that Obama got 67.84% of the electoral vote (365) compared to McCain got 32.16% and 173 electoral votes.

This election is quite different and much more evenly split. 228 for Clinton and 279 for Trump.

This time, literally half the country is pissed rather than just a third.

So there's that.

That's what I'm saying, though. All that dumb shit Trump has said he's going to do is completely implausible.

He'll have to work with Democrats just like Obama worked with Republicans.

And yes, it was a smaller amount of people crying in 2008/12, but they were still crying over the most extreme, the sky is falling nonsense.

Some big things will happen that the left will not like just like Obama did with Healthcare Reform that the right didn't like... but the nation isn't going to go into a post apocalyptic, barbaric society that far wingers delusionally believe.

The nation will keep chugging along just like it has.

If you think April 12, 1861 – May 9, 1865 was a long time ago, you are short sighted. In historical terms it is a trifle.
The Chinese know this. The US being young brash arrogant and immature does not.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post