President Trump: How The F**k Did It Happen?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-11-2016, 12:16 PM
RE: President Trump: How The F**k Did It Happen?
(10-11-2016 12:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 12:48 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Ask for creating a few regiments of Stormtroopers to round up and deport a few millions people at gunpoint? Destroying thousands of families, and taking away the parents of American citizens? Well, that all depends on how crazy everyone else is willing to get.

I can think of a labor pool ready and willing to do that job.
Militias.

A bunch of conservatives with guns ready to do Herr Trump's bidding. Shocking

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2016, 12:24 PM
Even Ammon Bundy offered an alliance with the natives. Granted, culture can change quickly under the right context, but at this point most militia groups are a hell of a lot more sympathetic towards Standing Rock than they are towards the federal government.

'Murican Canadian
10-11-2016, 12:43 PM
(10-11-2016 12:24 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Even Ammon Bundy offered an alliance with the natives.

Ah the old "I'll give you these goods worth $24 for this useless island" tactic. To be fair it also worked against France and Russia.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-11-2016, 12:44 PM
All that is required for evil to triumph is a low voter turnout.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Gawdzilla's post
10-11-2016, 02:04 PM
(10-11-2016 09:36 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 11:29 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  This is precisely what Hitler did. I know that trope is marched out all the time and probably too often it is a gross overgeneralization. But it seems right now that the only actual differences between Trump and Hitler are that Trump was never a painter and he didn't lose the first time he tried

Actually there are quite stark differences between Hitler and Trump.

[*]Hitler never had a whiff of scandal about him

Geli Raubal would beg to disagree. For more comprehensive list of scandals check Kershaw or Ullrich.

Quote: [*]Hitler was competent and could apply himself

But he didn't know how to delegate power which put strain on him during war.

Quote: [*]Hitler came from lowly a background and worked his way up

Lowly is questionable. It was more like a middle class if I recall correctly.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
10-11-2016, 02:14 PM
(10-11-2016 12:44 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  All that is required for evil to triumph is a low voter turnout.

True, he didn't get elected by republican votes alone. He had help from apathetic democrats -- who either didn't bother to vote, went third party (which is just a fail) or actually felt -- "I hate Hillary so much I'll just vote for Trump -- I don't give a fuck and won't bother to watch."

Then the next morning "what the fuck?! He won?! Let's get organized and protest this."

Facepalm

All it took in some states 1 or 2% (yes I'm looking at you Michigan, Wisconsin and Florida)....to change history.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-11-2016, 03:29 PM
The bbc reports that one of the reasons for his victory and why pollsters got it wrong was the hidden female vote which apparently was one of the keys to victory for the beast, allegedly female voters for trump didn't want to admit that they were planning to vote for him to pollsters because they were embarrassed that's from a republican pollster btw so there it is girls the trump victory was all the woman's fault... Mmm kinda reminds me of something.
10-11-2016, 03:33 PM
(10-11-2016 02:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 12:44 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  All that is required for evil to triumph is a low voter turnout.

True, he didn't get elected by republican votes alone. He had help from apathetic democrats --

And complacent ones, too.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
10-11-2016, 04:34 PM
Missed reading a lot of posts, and too late to read them now, so this comment may have been made before.

Hearing his words after the meeting with Obama I thought back onto Ttump's tone shift just before and after the election and then after today's meeting - more subdued is one description.

Could it be that Mr Trump had suddenly realised he might win, then had won and has now come to realise that he has a new, 24/7/365 x 4, job with hundreds of aspects of which he has little or no knowledge or experience - where he will be soooo dependent on advice from his cabinet? People he has partly picked for their support in his campaign it seems. Good qualifications?

I would lay odds on his first thought, on passing the magic 270, was, "Oh, shit, what have I done?"

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
10-11-2016, 04:39 PM
(10-11-2016 04:34 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Missed reading a lot of posts, and too late to read them now, so this comment may have been made before.

Hearing his words after the meeting with Obama I thought back onto Ttump's tone shift just before and after the election and then after today's meeting - more subdued is one description.

Could it be that Mr Trump had suddenly realised he might win, then had won and has now come to realise that he has a new, 24/7/365 x 4, job with hundreds of aspects of which he has little or no knowledge or experience - where he will be soooo dependent on advice from his cabinet? People he has partly picked for their support in his campaign it seems. Good qualifications?

I would lay odds on his first thought, on passing the magic 270, was, "Oh, shit, what have I done?"

He just looked like he was totally out of his depth. He rolled every word over 3 times in his mouth before permitting it to come out. He was completely awestruck and looked scared. That won't last though - the king will rule and become the god of all - be he benevolent or vengeful, you will pray to him. Love or hate, it doesn't matter.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post