President Trump: How The F**k Did It Happen?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-11-2016, 05:00 AM
RE: President Trump: How The F**k Did It Happen?
OLB, as much as I usually disagree with your political posts, I think you're spot-on.

Apparently nobody in the DNC remembers the 1990s, when people openly and vociferously hated her with an unholy passion despite the fact that she held no real power at the time. Hell, living in Louisiana I heard more anti-Hillary jokes/jibes than anti-Bill comments. And that was during a time when they were trying like hell to impeach him for anything they could find to stick on him! Before they hated "Obama-care", they hated "Hillary-care", and it was not much more than an idea, back then. I know of few people on this planet who inspire such loathing from Joe Blow, especially in the South and Midwest.

I've been arguing against Hillary supporters, on this basis, for most of those intervening decades-- in 2003 I had a lesbian friend (now former friend, obviously) literally yell at me that I was a misogynist because I didn't support Hillary as a candidate!

As has already been said, the Bernie supporters tried to tell everyone this, but we were called stupid hippies, free-riders, you name it... anything other than the college kids of ~20 years ago who grew up listening to the anti-Hillary rhetoric of our parents' generation (parents who are now in the "we have nothing else to do with our lives but go vote for things to go back to the way they were in the Good Old Days™ of our youth" prime-voting-age block), and we know that nothing has changed.

Honestly, with the exception of Bill and Barack, I have thought at every election since I was old enough to know what democracy was, "Is this the best the Democrats can do?!?"

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
09-11-2016, 05:03 AM
I understand how Hillary failed... It's pretty obvious....

What's mystifying - is how Trump managed to do it........

I really half expected to wake up this morning to find President Elect Pee Wee Herman going nuts....................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
09-11-2016, 05:05 AM
(09-11-2016 02:46 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 02:39 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Well, now we find out if Trump is a member of the Republican party or the Trumpian party.

Are the Repunlicans capable of weilding any control or even influence over him?

How much will his personal qualities be allowed to shape the nation and its policies?

When certain of his promises are shown to be impossible what with those of his followers with IQs the same as their shoe size do?

We truly live in interesting times.

Oh, shit.

I apologize in advance for all the crap that my country is going to cause the world. I will always be proud that I didn't vote for trump.

I can't sleep right now. I'm too upset.
Understandable Hug
09-11-2016, 05:08 AM
(09-11-2016 05:03 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I understand how Hillary failed... It's pretty obvious....

I really half expected to wake up this morning to find President Elect Pee Wee Herman going nuts....................

Trump did it because there were enough gullible thick-shits in America to vote for him.

I think America lost even a whole load more global respect today. It had little enough to start with.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 6 users Like Gloucester's post
09-11-2016, 05:10 AM
(09-11-2016 05:08 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 05:03 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I understand how Hillary failed... It's pretty obvious....

Trump did it because there were enough gullible thick-shits in America to vote for him.

I think America lost even a whole load more global respect today. It had little enough to start with.

Seriously, I see no reason why the rest of the world shouldn't view us as some sort of dog and pony show.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
09-11-2016, 05:19 AM
The good thingwith presidet Trump is that no matter how bad he is, he will still be better than many of us think he would be. In that regard, he is the anti-Obama.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
09-11-2016, 05:24 AM
I'm expecting Trump to reach out to Clinton -- and offer her a secretarial position........

Not Secretary of State, or Interior or whatnot......

Just somebody to take dictation and do some typing and filing.....

Sorry -- had to make that joke before one of the TV funny guys gets it in....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
09-11-2016, 05:24 AM
I feel so sorry for the Merkins that see Trump for what he is.
[+] 7 users Like Mathilda's post
09-11-2016, 05:25 AM
(09-11-2016 05:19 AM)epronovost Wrote:  The good thingwith presidet Trump is that no matter how bad he is, he will still be better than many of us think he would be. In that regard, he is the anti-Obama.

Yup -- it'll be easy for him to exceed our expectations.....

Because we expect so little....

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
09-11-2016, 05:31 AM
Canada is about to become a much nicer country. It will be flooded with educated, productive and socially considerate Americans who see Trump for what he is. Immigrants who will be grateful to their new host country.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post