President's trip to Harley Davidson cancelled

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2017, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2017 04:47 PM by Dom.)
President's trip to Harley Davidson cancelled
http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/new...visit.html

Quote:However, Harley-Davidson (NYSE: HOG) spokeswoman Maripat Blankenheim told the Milwaukee Business Journal Tuesday that neither the company nor the museum in the Menomonee Valley would be hosting the reported Milwaukee visit planned by President Trump.

Quote:The White House confirmed to the Associated Press Monday that the president was to visit the city this week to deliver a speech about the economy. Rumors had the event occurring at Harley-Davidson Inc.'s plant in Menomonee Falls or at the Harley-Davidson Museum.

Hmmm, bikers for Trump must be the minority.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2017, 04:54 PM
RE: President's trip to Harley Davidson cancelled
He must have cancelled when he found out they were a company and not a hooker.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
31-01-2017, 05:12 PM
I wonder if he canceled because Harley is a unionized company. Our Governor, who keeps talking lovingly about how he busts unions, had an embarrassing photo-op when he visited them, and they took his picture next to a bike with a sticker on it about being made with union labor, or something like that.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
31-01-2017, 05:27 PM
Here it says that Harley cancelled, not Trump:

Quote:President Donald Trump will not head to Milwaukee for a previously scheduled visit of a Harley-Davidson factory after the company decided it wasn't comfortable hosting him amid planned protests, an administration official said Tuesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/31/politics/d...index.html

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
31-01-2017, 06:35 PM
Does every little thing Trump does require a new thread?

it's like every day now. I get he's going to do shit, big shit and little shit...

It's just going to be a long fucking four years if every day yields a new trump thread or worse three.

I'm not saying this as an admin, but just as a member of the forum that used to be more than trump.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
31-01-2017, 06:42 PM
(31-01-2017 06:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Does every little thing Trump does require a new thread?

it's like every day now. I get he's going to do shit, big shit and little shit...

It's just going to be a long fucking four years if every day yields a new trump thread or worse three.

I'm not saying this as an admin, but just as a member of the forum that used to be more than trump.

Maybe further confine them with a sub-forum for US politics? Or set them so that they are only visible if you click on that sub-forum? I think they are important to the majority of the members here. Making one long thread will just jumble everything and be utterly useless.

Just some suggestions, maybe make a thread asking for suggestions regarding this? (I am leaving now for the day though. Can do tomorrow.)

And yes, we're going to have four years of this.

[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
31-01-2017, 06:48 PM
(31-01-2017 06:42 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(31-01-2017 06:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Does every little thing Trump does require a new thread?

Maybe further confine them with a sub-forum for US politics? Or set them so that they are only visible if you click on that sub-forum? I think they are important to the majority of the members here. Making one long thread will just jumble everything and be utterly useless.

Just some suggestions, maybe make a thread asking for suggestions regarding this? (I am leaving now for the day though. Can do tomorrow.)

And yes, we're going to have four years of this.

That's not going to work because they'll still show up as new posts. Not going to make a new "secret" club type area either (like the 18 plus).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

31-01-2017, 06:49 PM
(31-01-2017 06:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  it's like every day now. I get he's going to do shit, big shit and little shit...

YUGE shit.

I get what you’re saying moms but these are strange times. Confused

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
31-01-2017, 06:50 PM
The forum is treating tRump as though every time he blinks it requires a new thread and it's making it hard to find threads about other topics.

I get that people care and/or are concerned about him in the position he is in but dayam. There is more to life than listing what the orange one has done/said in the last three seconds...all day, every day.

I don't get on the forum much during the day during the week but when I do it's tRump this, tRump that, oh look tRump exhaled...IMO it is diminishing the forum experience. I am sure there are plenty of political forums on the Interwebz where people can engage in all things tRump.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
31-01-2017, 08:50 PM

I think you're right. Maybe we need a single trump thread with several categories in it. I don't know how that would work though. When he's impeached this will all be over.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.