• 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2016, 03:58 PM
Presidential Debates Ignored Poverty, Climate Change & Corruption
This is what we get. Yay.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2016, 09:34 PM
RE: Presidential Debates Ignored Poverty, Climate Change & Corruption
Have you not been watching tv during this whole election?
The issues have got nothing to do with either sides bid. It's all been about who can slander the other the most.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
20-10-2016, 10:45 PM
(20-10-2016 09:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Have you not been watching tv during this whole election?
The issues have got nothing to do with either sides bid. It's all been about who can slander the other the most.

I love that Hilary started putting out ads that boil down to 'Don't vote for who you actually want to be president or vote for me because you genuinely want me; vote for me solely because you dislike the other guy more!".

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
20-10-2016, 10:56 PM
(20-10-2016 10:45 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 09:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Have you not been watching tv during this whole election?

I love that Hilary started putting out ads that boil down to 'Don't vote for who you actually want to be president or vote for me because you genuinely want me; vote for me solely because you dislike the other guy more!".

Unfortunately in this case it's a reasonable position. Regardless of her faults, Trump is a terrible candidate - uniquely terrible - and the republican party should feel terrible for putting him forward as their nominee. Literally anyone or anything is better. A fucking toilet bowl full of crap would be better in almost every conceivable way. At least it wouldn't antagonise international relations or launch a nuclear strike on a whim.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
20-10-2016, 11:09 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2016 11:27 PM by CleverUsername.)
(20-10-2016 10:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  Unfortunately in this case it's a reasonable position. Regardless of her faults, Trump is a terrible candidate - uniquely terrible - and the republican party should feel terrible for putting him forward as their nominee. Literally anyone or anything is better. A fucking toilet bowl full of crap would be better in almost every conceivable way. At least it wouldn't antagonise international relations or launch a nuclear strike on a whim.

The presidential elections have become not a decision between two viable but different options but instead a desperate grab to keep someone specific out, effectively leaving you with solely one option, who is openly acknowledging that they are and should get votes based only on the characteristic of "I'm not that guy" and not because of their actual views or plans. That's pathetic. It doesn't matter if the logic of wanting to keep Trump out is sound. The fact that this is even a situation that's come up is sad.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
21-10-2016, 12:19 AM
You do understand that they were not asking themselves the questions.... right?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
21-10-2016, 05:57 AM
Yeah, but what about the 17 year old rape accusations against Bill Clinton? The rape accusations! We must focus on this, it is of utmost importance!!!! Hobo

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
21-10-2016, 06:10 AM

Yeah, but, Democrat slander is far more considered than Republican slander and delivered in (mostly) recognisable grammar.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
21-10-2016, 06:59 AM
(20-10-2016 10:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  At least it wouldn't antagonise international relations

Except with Russia apparently. Not that he's friends with Putin or anything.

'Murican Canadian