Presuppositional Apologetics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2014, 05:34 AM
RE: Presuppositional Apologetics
(19-09-2014 11:30 PM)MrSkeptic Wrote:  The fact that Sye won't discuss scripture is bullshit. I just find presup arguments annoying and I haven't heard really satisfying answers from our side to certain questions.

Our side? Consider

What questions?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2014, 06:05 AM
(20-09-2014 05:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  Our side? Consider

If you're not with us, you're against us! or is it "If you're not against us, you're with us"? I never can keep that straight... I'll check the big book of Christian morality... oh, wait...

Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
20-09-2014, 11:54 AM
The best one I found and used was I base my reasoning on my scenes and can used others to confirm my reasoning you base yours on God. Therefore you now have to PROVE. that your God exist in order to validate your reasoning
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-09-2014, 04:23 PM
They believe cause they believe and they don't venture outside that thought process. There is no debating that.
24-09-2014, 04:35 PM
Surprised that this hasn't been mentioned yet, but the guys at Reasonable Doubts did two episodes talking about presuppositionalism.

Part 1

Part 2

Really good stuff.

I'm just thinking out loud.
[+] 1 user Likes KnowtheSilence's post
27-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Arguing against presuppositionalism contradicts yourself. It's your position that is presuppositional. God's existence is required for absolutely anything.

Truth seeker.
01-10-2014, 09:41 AM
(27-09-2014 04:29 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Arguing against presuppositionalism contradicts yourself. It's your position that is presuppositional. God's existence is required for absolutely anything.
Existance is required. No argument or evidence has yet shown god is required for existance to be. Until such time, you're proving all the above points.
[+] 1 user Likes OddGamer's post
01-10-2014, 07:45 PM
(18-09-2014 08:54 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Presupps don't really "debate". What they do is *use opportunities* to present (repeat) their assertions, which they hold for the reasons they hold them. There really is no room for an "argument". It's a discussion entered in bad faith. That have a rote retort on standby, for any-all occasions. No matter what anyone says or does, they have determined they will not change their views, and it's not based on any known rational process.

I can't stand his disingenuous smiling whenever he is speaking and ESPECIALLY when he is debating.(if you can call it debating)

"You're very clever, young man, very clever, but it's turtles all the way down!"
02-10-2014, 09:36 AM
(27-09-2014 04:29 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Arguing against presuppositionalism contradicts yourself. It's your position that is presuppositional. God's existence is required for absolutely anything.
Presuppositional is circular from the get go. It is more like arguing with a small child.
[+] 3 users Like wazzel's post
02-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Starting with no assumption and seeing where the evidence leads does not come from presupposition, including when the evidence does not reveal a god.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post