Pretend Atheists vs. Real Atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2013, 02:36 AM

Pretend Atheists vs. Real Atheists
A real atheist doesn't come into forums to discuss religion. They lead hedonistic, amoral, narcissistic lives with 0 opinions about God.

Lots of people want to pretend to be atheists because it helps them psychologically. It's a form of rebellion against their parents, it's a way of dealing with sin they can't deal with (like abortion), it allows for homosexuality and fornication, it excuses one from finding a purpose in life that's bigger than themselves, it seems intellectually "cool" to laugh at matters of faith and/or superstition, and of course, it allows for recreational drug use, smoking, and alcohol consumption, and it allows them to hate others.

Real atheists usually self-destruct over the course of their life. The hedonism leads to very unhealthy choices. And most of the time, a real atheist might profess a belief in God. The thing is, they may say they believe in God, but they live like no god exists.

Pretend atheists scream there is no God, but then every other word out of their mouth is "should" or right and wrong or good and bad. They hang out in forums desperately hoping to debate a theist, and if truth be known they spend a lot of time in their own head arguing with the very God they say they don't believe in.
Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2013, 02:45 AM
RE: Pretend Atheists vs. Real Atheists
In my opinion, pretend atheism is almost a hype among those who associate it with intellectuality, hence believing that being among these cohorts will influence their social position for that matter.
Having 'an opinion' is considered intelligent as well as hip, depending on the environment where it's sprouted.
It's mere profiling and in the human nature to do so. People are a flock and gain social acceptance as well as self acceptance by affiliating with people they'd like to be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2013, 02:50 AM
See that argument above everybody? This is why I hate theists. Gross generalizations with no understanding of the definition of atheism. Atheism "allows" nothing, It has no doctrine or dogma. Its simply a lack of faith in gods, which I'm sure somebody has told you before but you couldn't get it through your head. We generally feel no need to even mention our atheism unless someone brings up the topic of religion, to which we simply reply what we believe. You don't see atheists knocking on doors at 7am to spread the good word of atheism.

We live our lives without belief in magic men in the sky. You obviously have no clue as to what your talking about and its sad that you feel the need to stereotype atheists, which is pretty much pointless since we are possibly the most diverse group of people ever.

Take you, your doctrine, your false promises, your stereotypes, your misconceptions, and most of all whatever sense of dignity and just go. Your peddling your wares to a crowd of people who see you for what you are: a deluded fool who believes in a magic sky daddy that makes him feel superior to everyone. Your the one with the superiority complex, not us.

Come back with a cogent argument, or don't come back at all.

Good day
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like DerekS's post
22-02-2013, 02:55 AM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2013 03:01 AM by TheDeadCatAlive.)
(22-02-2013 02:50 AM)DerekS Wrote:  See that argument above everybody? This is why I hate theists. Gross generalizations with no understanding of the definition of atheism. Atheism "allows" nothing, It has no doctrine or dogma. Its simply a lack of faith in gods, which I'm sure somebody has told you before but you couldn't get it through your head. We generally feel no need to even mention our atheism unless someone brings up the topic of religion, to which we simply reply what we believe. You don't see atheists knocking on doors at 7am to spread the good word of atheism.

We live our lives without belief in magic men in the sky. You obviously have no clue as to what your talking about and its sad that you feel the need to stereotype atheists, which is pretty much pointless since we are possibly the most diverse group of people ever.

Take you, your doctrine, your false promises, your stereotypes, your misconceptions, and most of all whatever sense of dignity and just go. Your peddling your wares to a crowd of people who see you for what you are: a deluded fool who believes in a magic sky daddy that makes him feel superior to everyone. Your the one with the superiority complex, not us.

Come back with a cogent argument, or don't come back at all.

Good day
Are you talking to me?
Because I'm an atheist, and I was talking about so called 'pretend atheists', as was the discussion...
They are the ones considering this a stereotype they can try to relate to, by acting all intellectual.
Will you please read what I actually say before attacking me?

I'm on the forum for about half an hour. I'm socially awkward and easily scared by social happenstances.
What I'm trying to say is, I feel kind of ... don't know the word... by this, no hard feelings, but I think that was a little rude.

Much obliged.

“If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.”
Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood
22-02-2013, 03:03 AM
Egor, fuck off already.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQBvNlEhQoUo9uSlAVFM8...pAgfbgibgQ]

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 12 users Like Phaedrus's post
22-02-2013, 03:04 AM
Are you kidding me????
[+] 2 users Like Andrew_Njonjo's post
22-02-2013, 03:08 AM
Can someone explain me what's going on?
I was thinking this was a serious discussion about real atheists vs people who pretend to be because 'it's so chique' , but seems it's not, or is it?

“If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.”
22-02-2013, 03:09 AM
(22-02-2013 03:08 AM)TheDeadCatAlive Wrote:  Can someone explain me what's going on?
I was thinking this was a serious discussion about real atheists vs people who pretend to be because 'it's so chique' , but seems it's not, or is it?
(22-02-2013 03:08 AM)TheDeadCatAlive Wrote:  I'm really bad at sensing those kind of things, so if someone could be so nice to explain.
(22-02-2013 03:08 AM)TheDeadCatAlive Wrote:  Thanks in advance!

22-02-2013, 03:14 AM
(22-02-2013 02:36 AM)Egor Wrote:  A real atheist doesn't come into forums to discuss religion. They lead hedonistic, amoral, narcissistic lives with 0 opinions about God.

Lots of people want to pretend to be atheists because it helps them psychologically. It's a form of rebellion against their parents, it's a way of dealing with sin they can't deal with (like abortion), it allows for homosexuality and fornication, it excuses one from finding a purpose in life that's bigger than themselves, it seems intellectually "cool" to laugh at matters of faith and/or superstition, and of course, it allows for recreational drug use, smoking, and alcohol consumption, and it allows them to hate others.

Real atheists usually self-destruct over the course of their life. The hedonism leads to very unhealthy choices. And most of the time, a real atheist might profess a belief in God. The thing is, they may say they believe in God, but they live like no god exists.

Pretend atheists scream there is no God, but then every other word out of their mouth is "should" or right and wrong or good and bad. They hang out in forums desperately hoping to debate a theist, and if truth be known they spend a lot of time in their own head arguing with the very God they say they don't believe in.

Soooooo... what you're saying is the ONLY reason you aren't a drug using, gay sex orgy having, abortion-loving, hate-filled, self-destructive immoral scum of the earth... is your fear of a god? Without this threat of eternal punishment, you would just be shooting heroin in between unprotected bouts of rampant butt sex and baby killing? That's very enlightening about the type of person you are - a supposed "superior" theist.

P.S. Jesus drank wine. Alcohol consumption is not a sin.

Quote:Can someone explain me what's going on?

Egor is the resident theist retard. He's only here to promote a religion that he just created a few days ago and he's not interested in any actual discussions or debate. We keep him around to throw eggs at when we're bored.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 11 users Like Buddy Christ's post
22-02-2013, 03:17 AM
(22-02-2013 02:36 AM)Egor Wrote:  A real atheist doesn't come into forums to discuss religion. They lead hedonistic, amoral, narcissistic lives with 0 opinions about God.

Atheist: Someone that does not believe a god exists or believes no god exists.

So no, if someone claimed belief in a god they would clearly not be an atheist. Are you intentionally being dense? It seems to me someone couldn't possibly be this stupid. Are you completely incapable of rational thought?

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post