Pretend Atheists vs. Real Atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2013, 02:18 PM
RE: Pretend Atheists vs. Real Atheists
Hey hey hey whoa..... The part of any program like na, weight watchers, or anything of that nature that works is the social/communial aspect. This is not a secret and has been shown in studies like the recent Columbia study. No NA doesnt work for everyone, neither does suboxone... but- as the Columbia study says- combining many routes is the best way to product long term recovery.

AND I will add that people may attribute their experiences to a higher power... idk if they do, thats their right. But science has also shown that that is all in the brain. Its a perception that they label with god or whatever. They dont know any better or they chose not to look further- nevertheless whatever they call it- spititual experience, enlightenment, understanding, knowledge... in the brain it is all the same.

Alot of people have great families and dont need an outside support system. '

Same thing with church.What people think is god that they get out of their church experience, is actually community and social acceptance. These reactions have been shown in the brain in MRI scans.

This is basic science and it bothers me that people are still arguing about this because it A) holds the medical community back because average people continue to deny the facts to myth

B) hurts the recovery community- that I stronger support- because it keeps it in the past and public perspective oblivious to the actual scientific changes that ARE happening within ( go quad A )

and C) creates fallacious arguments like this one
(23-02-2013 03:18 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(22-02-2013 10:51 PM)KMFDM_Kid2000 Wrote:  got on Suboxone, and stuck to a strict regimen until I could wean myself from it. It has been over 3 years now. No "higher power", no Narcotics Anonymous, just a desire to do better with my life.

An addict who discounts NA and says they're just doing it on their own willpower. Talk about red flags. Dude, you're talking to the wrong person, if you're expecting someone to believe you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2013, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2013 03:20 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Egor will next be setting up a "booth" and *do* readings.
He will be doing a "laying on of hands", and saying :

"are you a real atheist brutha, or a prrtend aaathesit ? Tell me now !"

(That'll be $5.00 please, just put your money in the basket).
Your answer will come in the mail in about 7-10 business days.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-02-2013, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2013 03:03 PM by kim.)
Hooboy, every time Ego looks into a mirror, he creates a thread about atheists that even he doesn't see the irony of. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
23-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Existential nihilism is the default human position, according to (many of) the religious. God is the excuse for all of their bigoted thoughts and contradictory morals.

It really works well, when you think about it. A person can be a racist, a homophobe, a prude, a misogynist, a pedophile, a rapist, a murderer, anything vile, really. And none of it is on them. Cause God either told them to do it or made them in such a way that they couldn't control what they did.

It takes an incredible amount if courage and integrity to take full responsibility for all of your actions and all of your thoughts.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like bbeljefe's post
23-02-2013, 03:44 PM

(23-02-2013 01:16 PM)KMFDM_Kid2000 Wrote:  Are you truly that dense? I did not quit on my own willpower, I used SUBOXONE to aid me in quitting. I DID attend NA meetings, and guess what? THEY DIDN'T FUCKING WORK, and I just kept meeting new people there I could go and score drugs with.

Whatever. I think even a genius like you could figure out you're not supposed to be scoring drugs when you go to NA. I'd bet my paycheck you're not clean and sober. Let me guess, Xanax three times a day, a sleep aid, Lortab for chronic back pain, and of course--always--a little weed.

And you're going to say you are. But this is the internet, isn't it?

You're personality is not one of control or restraint or integrity--my guess is you come here anonymously so you can use filth talk, and vent your hatred. My guess is you don't do that in your 3D life.

Your life is going to end one day; you need to realize that. My guess is you're wishing it would end sooner rather than later, because no one can talk as antisocially as you and be happy or remain psychologically fit. You can say whatever you want, but you're going to have to sell it to someone else.

Because here's what I know--and I want everyone to listen up:

Life is painful and it turns on a dime, and suffering comes our way, and if none of it has any meaning, like the atheist believes, then life soon becomes intollerable.

The truth is, God has a meaning for our lives. The pain and the suffering are for a reason that matters and is ultimately good for us. We need only examine it, have a little faith, and remain in prayer.

Now, that said. I'm starting a post in my forum entitled "Is God Necessary for the Universe to Exist." I intend to spend as much time on that post as I have to--something I have never done in here.

I said I would carry on here until Easter, but I don't think you'll see much of me unless you come over to the forum. I want to participate in that thread for all who are interested, and I want to start getting my Easter blitz ready.

See you 'round. Hug
Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2013, 06:04 PM
(23-02-2013 03:44 PM)Egor Wrote:  Now, that said. I'm starting a post in my forum entitled "Is God Necessary for the Universe to Exist." I intend to spend as much time on that post as I have to--something I have never done in here.

I said I would carry on here until Easter, but I don't think you'll see much of me unless you come over to the forum. I want to participate in that thread for all who are interested, and I want to start getting my Easter blitz ready.

See you 'round. Hug

Egor owns a big empty bar. He's tired of talking to himself in his lonely bar so his strategy to get patrons to come to his bar is to go around town, setting fire to all other bars and throwing feces in the faces of random pedestrians. When the big angry mob chases him back to his bar with pitchforks and torches, he smugly proclaims that his bar is the most popular bar in town because of all the people in it.

Jumping off a building does not make you Superman. You and your forum will soon hit the ground.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 3 users Like Buddy Christ's post
23-02-2013, 06:13 PM
(23-02-2013 06:04 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Jumping off a building does not make you Superman. You and your forum will soon hit the ground.

There's another forum? Hm... didn't know that. Seems unnecessary.

Oh well, I'm going for sushi. Later. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
23-02-2013, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2013 07:23 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-02-2013 03:44 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(23-02-2013 01:16 PM)KMFDM_Kid2000 Wrote:  Are you truly that dense? I did not quit on my own willpower, I used SUBOXONE to aid me in quitting. I DID attend NA meetings, and guess what? THEY DIDN'T FUCKING WORK, and I just kept meeting new people there I could go and score drugs with.

Whatever. I think even a genius like you could figure out you're not supposed to be scoring drugs when you go to NA. I'd bet my paycheck you're not clean and sober. Let me guess, Xanax three times a day, a sleep aid, Lortab for chronic back pain, and of course--always--a little weed.

You're personality is not one of control or restraint or integrity--my guess is you come here anonymously so you can use filth talk, and vent your hatred. My guess is you don't do that in your 3D life.

Your life is going to end one day; you need to realize that. My guess is you're wishing it would end sooner rather than later, because no one can talk as antisocially as you and be happy or remain psychologically fit. You can say whatever you want, but you're going to have to sell it to someone else.

Life is painful and it turns on a dime, and suffering comes our way, and if none of it has any meaning, like the atheist believes, then life soon becomes intollerable.

The truth is, God has a meaning for our lives. The pain and the suffering are for a reason that matters and is ultimately good for us. We need only examine it, have a little faith, and remain in prayer.

Now, that said. I'm starting a post in my forum entitled "Is God Necessary for the Universe to Exist." I intend to spend as much time on that post as I have to--something I have never done in here.

See you 'round. Hug

Spoken by one full of self-loathing, who then projects it outward onto "atheists" whom he doesn't even know. And now, having been told he's acting non-"christ-like", *chaplain* gets all "huggy". How utterly predictable. As for his post, he says he "preparing", see the first one he ever posted here. It's as bad as they come, and as illogical as they get. No doubt it will be the same ole crap.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-02-2013, 06:38 PM
(22-02-2013 02:55 AM)TheDeadCatAlive Wrote:  no I was talking to the guy above you. Smile hope that clears things up
(22-02-2013 02:50 AM)DerekS Wrote:  See that argument above everybody? This is why I hate theists. Gross generalizations with no understanding of the definition of atheism. Atheism "allows" nothing, It has no doctrine or dogma. Its simply a lack of faith in gods, which I'm sure somebody has told you before but you couldn't get it through your head. We generally feel no need to even mention our atheism unless someone brings up the topic of religion, to which we simply reply what we believe. You don't see atheists knocking on doors at 7am to spread the good word of atheism.

We live our lives without belief in magic men in the sky. You obviously have no clue as to what your talking about and its sad that you feel the need to stereotype atheists, which is pretty much pointless since we are possibly the most diverse group of people ever.

Take you, your doctrine, your false promises, your stereotypes, your misconceptions, and most of all whatever sense of dignity and just go. Your peddling your wares to a crowd of people who see you for what you are: a deluded fool who believes in a magic sky daddy that makes him feel superior to everyone. Your the one with the superiority complex, not us.

Come back with a cogent argument, or don't come back at all.

Good day
Are you talking to me?
Because I'm an atheist, and I was talking about so called 'pretend atheists', as was the discussion...
They are the ones considering this a stereotype they can try to relate to, by acting all intellectual.
Will you please read what I actually say before attacking me?

I'm on the forum for about half an hour. I'm socially awkward and easily scared by social happenstances.
What I'm trying to say is, I feel kind of ... don't know the word... by this, no hard feelings, but I think that was a little rude.

Much obliged.
23-02-2013, 07:04 PM
(23-02-2013 03:44 PM)Egor Wrote:  

See you 'round. Hug
The kind and soothing word of a psych nurse/chaplain. I sure feel the love and concern in this one.

Good luck on your forum...although I am sure you will be back...not all that much fun talking to yourself. Or is it? You should know.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post