Pretend Atheists vs. Real Atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2013, 04:42 AM
RE: Pretend Atheists vs. Real Atheists
[Image: creationism.jpg?imgmax=800]

“If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.”
Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like TheDeadCatAlive's post
22-02-2013, 04:58 AM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2013 08:53 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-02-2013 02:36 AM)Egor Wrote:  A real atheist doesn't come into forums to discuss religion. They lead hedonistic, amoral, narcissistic lives with 0 opinions about God.

Lots of people want to pretend to be atheists because it helps them psychologically. It's a form of rebellion against their parents, it's a way of dealing with sin they can't deal with (like abortion), it allows for homosexuality and fornication, it excuses one from finding a purpose in life that's bigger than themselves, it seems intellectually "cool" to laugh at matters of faith and/or superstition, and of course, it allows for recreational drug use, smoking, and alcohol consumption, and it allows them to hate others.

Real atheists usually self-destruct over the course of their life. The hedonism leads to very unhealthy choices. And most of the time, a real atheist might profess a belief in God. The thing is, they may say they believe in God, but they live like no god exists.

Pretend atheists scream there is no God, but then every other word out of their mouth is "should" or right and wrong or good and bad. They hang out in forums desperately hoping to debate a theist, and if truth be known they spend a lot of time in their own head arguing with the very God they say they don't believe in.

Hey Church Lady, s'up ?
Another typical self-righteous rant from Gooney Eddy the "reverend" who probably doesn't even actually know one real atheist. Just more generalizations and presumptuos self-gratification and more lies from the "senior chaplain" (who BTW did an "oath" to act like a chaplain), yet needs to do his "superior dance" , and feel he's better than others, (as he actually has a serious inferiority complex, obviously), and NEEDS to do the self-righteous thing as he's addicted to the "Church Lady" act, (cuz that's what he thinks "reverends" do).

Egsy, Jebus tole ya: "judge not, lest ye be judged". So what's up Eddy ? Did some bug crawl up your ass yesterday that prompted this one ? Jebus, Easter can't come soon enough. Eddy promised to go away then. The HOARDS, (hoards I tell you) will be busting down the doors of the Church of the Green Dick, (Ver-i-dick-ian) at Easter, don't-cha-know.

BTW, Gooney Eddy, please submit for review the public pollling data, and/or evidence you used to come to your conclusions. (Oh wait, you just made up your ranting, self-righteous shit. Never mind.)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-02-2013, 05:03 AM
(22-02-2013 04:58 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The HOARDS, (hoards I tell you) will be busting down the doors of the Church of the Green Dick, (Ver-i-dick-ian) at Easter, don't-cha-know.
[Image: 2120522093_942e8ef8f4.jpg]

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
22-02-2013, 05:38 AM
As an hypothesis (hur hur, "an") it has a certain charm Tongue Sort of no true Scotsman squared. "I'm not an atheist, but you lot aren't either, real atheists do X". Nice convenient explanation for why (a) we're normal people (because we're really theists pretending) (b) we don't give you the time of day (because that would break the disguise). It's oddly brilliant. If you ever gain a follower he will immediately understand that any atheist he meets who is actually a nice person is faking, and yet you will still be able to use atheists as bug-bears because all the *real* atheists are out mugging old ladies and not surfing the net Big Grin
22-02-2013, 05:57 AM
And here I thought Egor had explained to us quite clearly that once you are Christian you can fornicate and be hedonistic and sin all you want, all is forgiven automatically. Huh

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-02-2013, 06:00 AM
A real theist doesn't come into forums to discuss religion. They lead deluded, amoral, narcissistic lives with 1000's of opinions about God.

Lots of people want to pretend to be theists because it helps them psychologically. It's a form of brain-washing by their parents, it's a way of dealing with reality they can't deal with (like personal responsibility), it allows for descrimination and scapegoating, it excuses one from finding a purpose in life that relies directly on themselves, it seems intellectually "cool" to laugh at matters of other's faith and/or superstition or non-belief, and of course, it allows for recreational child abuse, tax-evasion, and bullshit consumption, and it allows them to hate others.

Real theists usually self-destruct over the course of their life. Their fanciful beliefs lead to very unhealthy choices. And most of the time, a real theist might profess a belief in God. The thing is, they may say they believe in doing good, but they live like no-one else matters.

Pretend theists scream there is a God, and every other word out of their mouth is "should" or right and wrong or good and bad. They hang out in forums desperately hoping to debate an atheist, and if truth be known they spend a lot of time in their own head arguing with the very God they say they don't believe in.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
22-02-2013, 06:28 AM
(22-02-2013 02:50 AM)DerekS Wrote:  See that argument above everybody? This is why I hate theists. Gross generalizations with no understanding of the definition of atheism.

How ironic. Arguing about how awful stereotypes are by using stereotypes. Why not just hold it against Egor rather than "theists"?

Egor's argument is typical of his other arguments -- uncited nonsense. Just because we don't fit into his preconceived notion of what an atheist is, we must be trying to pull one over on him.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
22-02-2013, 08:49 AM
Oh, FFS... Weeping
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
22-02-2013, 08:53 AM
Gee, this seems like the perfect topic for Ego® to put on his own budding and expanding forum for discussion. Consider So why is he still peddling this BS here? Consider Oh, right. No one will go to his site and give a shit. Drinking Beverage
[Image: CtipW.gif]

Ego®'s intentions are purely to get traffic to his site and his videos, I feel like saying
[Image: jwQj4.gif]

Evolve
22-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Thumbs Up RE: Pretend Atheists vs. Real Atheists
Well color me wrong, you DO still post here. I take back what i said.

I can see you've still got some lingering doubts.

To use an analogy you can appreciate: a straight man doesn't keep coming back to a gay bar because he hates gays. No

The insults and fear you project are just defense mechanisms. They'll eventually give way when you're ready to think outside your belief system. You'll be welcomed back without judgment when that time comes.

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart

...it would rather be a man... [who] plunges into scientific questions with which he has no real acquaintance, only to obscure them with aimless rhetoric, and distract the attention of his hearers from the real point at issue by eloquent digressions and skilled appeals to religious prejudice.
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post