Pretend Atheists vs. Real Atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2013, 03:10 PM
RE: Pretend Atheists vs. Real Atheists
(22-02-2013 03:04 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(22-02-2013 02:36 AM)Egor Wrote:  A real atheist doesn't come into forums to discuss religion. They lead hedonistic, amoral, narcissistic lives with 0 opinions about God.

Lots of people want to pretend to be atheists because it helps them psychologically. It's a form of rebellion against their parents, it's a way of dealing with sin they can't deal with (like abortion), it allows for homosexuality and fornication, it excuses one from finding a purpose in life that's bigger than themselves, it seems intellectually "cool" to laugh at matters of faith and/or superstition, and of course, it allows for recreational drug use, smoking, and alcohol consumption, and it allows them to hate others.

Real atheists usually self-destruct over the course of their life. The hedonism leads to very unhealthy choices. And most of the time, a real atheist might profess a belief in God. The thing is, they may say they believe in God, but they live like no god exists.

Pretend atheists scream there is no God, but then every other word out of their mouth is "should" or right and wrong or good and bad. They hang out in forums desperately hoping to debate a theist, and if truth be known they spend a lot of time in their own head arguing with the very God they say they don't believe in.

[Image: crazyegor-meme-generator-a-real-atheist-...e2ed23.jpg]

(16-07-2012 01:45 PM)Egor Wrote:  I have come full circle in my search for God. I have come to realize there is no God, because all there is is God. I have no religion. I am the circle.

[Image: GvoWV.jpg]

Just like in the days of old. Wink

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Vosur's post
22-02-2013, 03:12 PM
(22-02-2013 03:10 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(22-02-2013 03:04 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  [Image: crazyegor-meme-generator-a-real-atheist-...e2ed23.jpg]

(16-07-2012 01:45 PM)Egor Wrote:  I have come full circle in my search for God. I have come to realize there is no God, because all there is is God. I have no religion. I am the circle.

[Image: GvoWV.jpg]

Good times. Wink

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
22-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Egor must not like converts. I tried to convert to his religion but he is ignoring me. Egor? Can you answer the following?

(20-02-2013 12:49 AM)kpax Wrote:  Egor,

I am ready to convert to Veridicanism and join the First Veridican Church. I just need three things:

* Please clarify what you mean by "truth" in your video. What exactly do you mean by that?

* Please provide evidence of this truth you claim is apart of Veridicanism. If what you offer is truth then you must be able to provide ample & clear evidence.

* Who gave you this "truth" and please provide ample & clear evidence that this individual or entity is trustworthy. If this individual is you, please provide ample & clear evidence that shows you are trustworthy.

Can't wait to see what you have to offer.
[+] 2 users Like kpax's post
22-02-2013, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2013 07:01 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-02-2013 02:36 AM)Egor Wrote:  A real atheist doesn't come into forums to discuss religion. They lead hedonistic, amoral, narcissistic lives with 0 opinions about God.

A real atheist makes their own personal Jesus. I don't lead a hedonistic, amoral, narcissistic life, I leave that to you, Ego® ... The fuck I should give a shit.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
22-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Wait wait wait wait, back the crazy train up several stations.

Let me see if I've got this right, we are not "atheists" because we post on an internet forum bcause we apparently feel the need for reasurrance?

[Image: LOLOLOL.jpg]

YOU are actually starting a fucking church!!! What kind of reasurrance does that imply YOU need!!

[Image: LOLOLOL.jpg]

You dumb stupid fuck!

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
22-02-2013, 07:22 PM
If there is anyone that knows about going around in circles, it's Ego®.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
22-02-2013, 10:51 PM
That totally explains why I was an I.V. heroin user as a Christian, and now as an atheist, I live a healthier lifestyle, free from abusing substances of any kind (except nicotine, I use e-cigs, which I started using before I became an atheist). A lot of atheists realize this is the only life they're getting, so they'd better make the best of it. When I was using my heaviest, I rationalized that the addiction was beyond my control, so if I O.D.'ed, it was god's will, and because I believed in salvation, I would go straight to heaven. Never more, was I on a path to destruction.

But you know what got me clean? Not prayer. Not church. Not god or Jesus. ME, and with the help of medical science, Suboxone. I got tired of living an unhealthy lifestyle, and I made the conscious decision to stop. So I did my research (I am also a nurse, although I choose not to practice anymore, only because I switched careers into I.T. and followed my passion), got on Suboxone, and stuck to a strict regimen until I could wean myself from it. It has been over 3 years now. No "higher power", no Narcotics Anonymous, just a desire to do better with my life.

So now, let's address some of the points you've attempted to make, now that we've got a little of my own personal back story out of the way.

Quote:A real atheist doesn't come into forums to discuss religion.

The definition of an atheist, real or not, is one who does not believe in any gods. This has zero to do with their forum visiting habits or lack there of. You're taking unwarranted liberties, and frankly, just making shit up.

Quote:They lead hedonistic, amoral, narcissistic lives with 0 opinions about God.

The point in my life when I was most hedonistic, amoral and narcissistic was at the deepest point of my addiction, while I was a believer. I only cared about my next fix. Granted, I never stole anything to feed it, and even tithed my money before portioning it out to see just how much I could put aside for dope. Do you realize the conflict of having a wallet with $100 set aside for the church, and $100 set aside for a bundle of dope? As far as hedonism goes, none are more hedonistic than the christians. Do what you want, just remember to be remorseful and ask for forgiveness afterward, which leads to all sorts of amoral behavior, as well as narcissism, because the saved are "god's chosen people". And yes, I have a very strong opinion about god. My opinion is he/she/it doesn't exist. I'm happy to share that opinion with anyone who asks.

Quote:Lots of people want to pretend to be atheists because it helps them psychologically.

The only psychological crutch that requires pretending is faith. Can't deal with dying? Have faith in an afterlife. Can't deal with being poor? Have faith that god will provide. The truth is, faith is nothing more than willful ignorance and gullibility, based on irrational premises and wishful thinking sprinkled with unicorn jizz.

Quote:It's a form of rebellion against their parents,

I'm 33 years old. My days of rebelling against my parents are looooooooong gone. And yes, I was a very rebellious teenager. I also went to church twice a week and prayed at least twice a day on a slow day.

Quote:it's a way of dealing with sin they can't deal with (like abortion)

Faith is a crutch for dealing with things that can't be dealt with, see above. Rational and critical thought FREE the mind from superstition. Your point is invalid.

Quote:, it allows for homosexuality and fornication,

97% of men masturbate. The other 3% are lying. What do YOU look up on redtube? Trannies? You sound like a chicks with dicks kind of guy. Not that there's anything wrong with that, if that's your thing. Sex is required to continue the species. And some of us actually enjoy it. I personally only have it with my wife, out of love and respect. Yeah, I'll beat one off if I can't get the real deal, and I'm not afraid to be honest about it. Because my view of sex is healthy and realistic, and in no way repressed. That and I'm not a bigot.

Quote:it excuses one from finding a purpose in life that's bigger than themselves,

I always say, my purpose in life is to leave the planet a little bit better off than it was when I got here. I think I'm doing just that.

Quote:it seems intellectually "cool" to laugh at matters of faith and/or superstition,

No, those things are just that genuinely absurd, and the people attached to faith and superstition are comical in their own right. It's called irony. Sometimes it's funny.

Quote:and of course, it allows for recreational drug use, smoking, and alcohol consumption,

Refer to my back story.

Quote:and it allows them to hate others.

Please tell me how tolerant christians and muslims are of each other, sects within themselves, other religious followers, and most of all, the gay community?

Quote:Real atheists usually self-destruct over the course of their life. The hedonism leads to very unhealthy choices.

Again, the back story.

Quote:And most of the time, a real atheist might profess a belief in God. The thing is, they may say they believe in God, but they live like no god exists.

I haven't professed a belief in any gods since becoming an atheist. If I did, I wouldn't be an atheist. Please consider revising this line of logic, it is self refuting, and just plain ass-backwards. I live like no god exists because, well, NO GOD EXISTS.

Quote:Pretend atheists scream there is no God, but then every other word out of their mouth is "should" or right and wrong or good and bad.

You're assuming morality is tied to deity, and according to the bible at least, they are mutually exclusive. YHWH is not a moral character, and Jesus negates any moral worth by endorsing the atrocities in the old testament.

Quote:They hang out in forums desperately hoping to debate a theist,

I got here a week or so ago, and if you look at my post history, this is pretty much the first debate post I've made. I've lurked the gaming section most, since, as you might be able to discern from what I decorate my posts with in avatar and sig, that's kind of my thing. Not like I'm sitting around waiting for wastes of sperm and egg such as yourself to start spewing your hateful dribble, but I'll gladly point out why I think you're wrong. Usually with proof, if not sound logic and reason.

Quote:and if truth be known they spend a lot of time in their own head arguing with the very God they say they don't believe in.

Most of the stuff in my head is pretty mundane, like most people. Bills, work, family, hobbies, etc. Nice to see you acknowledge god exists in your head though. With that, you've handed the argument over on a silver platter. That's what is referred to as a "Freudian slip".

As Seth so eloquently put it in one of his fantastic podcasts, "Don't let the door hit ya, where evolution split ya'."

[+] 3 users Like KMFDM_Kid2000's post
22-02-2013, 10:54 PM

I'm glad someone dug this up, because I wanted to talk about it.

There is a paradoxical atheism that comes when one gets really close to God. When one begins to have inklings of Christ. When the awareness starts to flash in the mind, one becomes what Christ is: God conscious of Himself from within His creation. When that happens, one senses God as not existing, because their mind has become the mind of God--even if only for a moment. And God doesn't have a God.

But this teaching is lost on atheists, and I never should have brought it up here, but I didn't know at the time what I was experiencing. I didn't understand it. Now I do.

There is a dualism God creates. Becoming Christ, one sees through the dualism, but as one matures in Christ, they leave the dualism alone. They let it be. They lead others through it, becuase it is necessary. But you don't understand this Veridican mysticism. You don't even believe God exists. you are, quite literally, lost.

(22-02-2013 03:23 PM)kpax Wrote:  Egor must not like converts. I tried to convert to his religion but he is ignoring me. Egor? Can you answer the following?

[quote='kpax' pid='260669' dateline='1361342985']
Egor,

Who gave you this "truth" and please provide ample & clear evidence that this individual or entity is trustworthy. If this individual is you, please provide ample & clear evidence that shows you are trustworthy.

Can't wait to see what you have to offer.

A census taker once tried to test me... Drinking Beverage
Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2013, 11:29 PM
"~Veridican mysticism~"

Indeed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-02-2013, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2013 01:11 AM by kpax.)
*yawn*

Thread is getting boring. It's always boring when one person wants to talk about themselves...and to themselves. The OP is not interested in answering any real questions. Just wants to feed his own ego; fake debater and pretend intellect.

Anybody see anything good on TV lately?
[+] 1 user Likes kpax's post