Pretend Atheists vs. Real Atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2013, 01:03 AM
RE: Pretend Atheists vs. Real Atheists
"If you love something you want to shout it to the world" - Carl Sagan.

Isn't that the entire premise behind religion? A gospel literally was designed to "spread the good news of god".

So if I'm passionate about ending ignorance and preventing ignorance from adversely affecting society, why can I not engage in atheist activities? Forums allow for the propagation of knowledge (and ignorance too, depending on the type of forum). Perhaps theists don't like learning, but there's no reason an atheist wouldn't want to learn more about why atheism is correct. Again, isn't that the same thing with religion? You still have to learn religion, as indoctrinated as it is. And what on earth makes you think a real atheist necessarily has to have no opinions?

Also, you're very judgemental for a theist. I thought only god had the authority to judge his creations. Oops, guess you just sinned.

Finally, you seem to think atheists don't think about god at all, which is funny because the whole point of atheism is to think critically and realise that religion has no substantial proof. You also seem to think atheists automatically have terrible lives, which is refuted by all evidence. If anything, the opposite is true. Theists live very mediocre lives. I guess you haven't realised how religious third world countries are.

Anyway, what makes you think atheists come to an atheist forum to debate theists? That's not very logical and is the kind of reasoning more suited to a theist. Maybe atheists go to atheist gathering points to, you know, meet other atheists? Wouldn't that make sense? Maybe share some experiences, opinions and engage in mentally stimulating thought experiments? God knows, religion doesn't provide much that is mentally stimulating for a theist.
(22-02-2013 02:36 AM)Egor Wrote:  A real atheist doesn't come into forums to discuss religion. They lead hedonistic, amoral, narcissistic lives with 0 opinions about God.

Lots of people want to pretend to be atheists because it helps them psychologically. It's a form of rebellion against their parents, it's a way of dealing with sin they can't deal with (like abortion), it allows for homosexuality and fornication, it excuses one from finding a purpose in life that's bigger than themselves, it seems intellectually "cool" to laugh at matters of faith and/or superstition, and of course, it allows for recreational drug use, smoking, and alcohol consumption, and it allows them to hate others.

Real atheists usually self-destruct over the course of their life. The hedonism leads to very unhealthy choices. And most of the time, a real atheist might profess a belief in God. The thing is, they may say they believe in God, but they live like no god exists.

Pretend atheists scream there is no God, but then every other word out of their mouth is "should" or right and wrong or good and bad. They hang out in forums desperately hoping to debate a theist, and if truth be known they spend a lot of time in their own head arguing with the very God they say they don't believe in.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Sceptical Prophet's post
23-02-2013, 03:18 AM

(22-02-2013 10:51 PM)KMFDM_Kid2000 Wrote:  got on Suboxone, and stuck to a strict regimen until I could wean myself from it. It has been over 3 years now. No "higher power", no Narcotics Anonymous, just a desire to do better with my life.

An addict who discounts NA and says they're just doing it on their own willpower. Talk about red flags. Dude, you're talking to the wrong person, if you're expecting someone to believe you.

Be that as it may...

Quote:A sprinkled with unicorn jizz.

97% of men masturbate. The other 3% are lying.

What do YOU look up on redtube? Trannies?

You sound like a chicks with dicks kind of guy.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, if that's your thing. Sex is required to continue the species. And some of us actually enjoy it. I personally only have it with my wife, out of love and respect. Yeah, I'll beat one off if I can't get the real deal, and I'm not afraid to be honest about it. Because my view of sex is healthy and realistic, and in no way repressed. That and I'm not a bigot.

Not like I'm sitting around waiting for wastes of sperm and egg such as yourself to start spewing your hateful dribble,

Listen to you, you disgusting, deteriorated human being. You are exactly what I am talking about. And you may be a real atheist, you sound like one.

Anyone who thinks and talks like you would never in a million years dare to believe in God. How could you?

If atheists like you get your way, if the world should turn toward your mentality, civilization will fall, and we will destroy ourselves.

But I think it's going to be different. Atheism will destroy Ancient Christianity, and Veridicanism will eat atheism, and those who are the return of Christ will rule as a new and evolved species of human being.
Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2013, 03:22 AM

(23-02-2013 12:58 AM)kpax Wrote:  *yawn*

Thread is getting boring. It's always boring when one person wants to talk about themselves...and to themselves. The OP is not interested in answering any real questions. Just wants to feed his own ego; fake debater and pretend intellect.

Anybody see anything good on TV lately?

As a legitimate question, and I'll give you a legitimate answer. Yes
Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2013, 03:33 AM
(22-02-2013 10:54 PM)Egor Wrote:  I'm glad someone dug this up, because I wanted to talk about it.

There is a paradoxical atheism that comes when one gets really close to God. When one begins to have inklings of Christ. When the awareness starts to flash in the mind, one becomes what Christ is: God conscious of Himself from within His creation. When that happens, one senses God as not existing, because their mind has become the mind of God--even if only for a moment. And God doesn't have a God.

But this teaching is lost on atheists, and I never should have brought it up here, but I didn't know at the time what I was experiencing. I didn't understand it. Now I do.

There is a dualism God creates. Becoming Christ, one sees through the dualism, but as one matures in Christ, they leave the dualism alone. They let it be. They lead others through it, becuase it is necessary. But you don't understand this Veridican mysticism. You don't even believe God exists. you are, quite literally, lost.

I don't suppose you've ever been diagnosed with schizophrenia have you Egor? http://www.23nlpeople.com/schizophrenia/...eliefs.php

"One client presented himself to me claiming to be God.Now, I have to say that he wasn't quite what I was expecting; he was only about five feet tall. He told me that he expected someone older (I was only 27), I told him that I had expected someone a little bit larger. A beard too, maybe. ... He sought out psychiatrists because he found it difficult being God. He admitted that once he had pondered the thought that he was merely mortal, but after a drug induced experienced in the '70's he had come to realise that in fact he was indeed The Creator of the Universe. ... This Delusion of being God highlights the frank incongruency that some delusions present to the third observer. For example, it is not unusual to find "Jesus Christ" handing out tea on the hospital ward and lining up to take his meds. Would the real Jesus please stand up?"
23-02-2013, 03:48 AM
Egor, you can't be a real Christian. Don't take my word for it though, ask the Amish how you are a deceived electricity using scourge of the devil... think about that.

Obama promised you change. Reach in your pocket, feel those coins? There's your change...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-02-2013, 04:50 AM
(22-02-2013 10:54 PM)Egor Wrote:  There is a paradoxical atheism that comes when one gets really close to God. When one begins to have inklings of Christ. When the awareness starts to flash in the mind, one becomes what Christ is: God conscious of Himself from within His creation. When that happens, one senses God as not existing, because their mind has become the mind of God--even if only for a moment. And God doesn't have a God.

But this teaching is lost on atheists, and I never should have brought it up here, but I didn't know at the time what I was experiencing. I didn't understand it. Now I do.

There is a dualism God creates. Becoming Christ, one sees through the dualism, but as one matures in Christ, they leave the dualism alone. They let it be. They lead others through it, becuase it is necessary. But you don't understand this Veridican mysticism. You don't even believe God exists. you are, quite literally, lost.
How do you know God doesn't have a God? Do you have a case that can be made about this apart from this "experience" of yours?

Can you demonstrate on any plane outside of our thoughts that this mysticism or experience exists? In what ways can you demonstrate it's different than a delusion.

I am proudly lost in your literal sense.

I would hope you by some time realize that this thread is entirely based on a "no true Scotsmen" fallacy and your example of "real atheists" are more accurately a generalization of nihilists.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
23-02-2013, 05:22 AM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2013 05:50 AM by GirlyMan.)
(23-02-2013 03:18 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(22-02-2013 10:51 PM)KMFDM_Kid2000 Wrote:  got on Suboxone, and stuck to a strict regimen until I could wean myself from it. It has been over 3 years now. No "higher power", no Narcotics Anonymous, just a desire to do better with my life.

An addict who discounts NA and says they're just doing it on their own willpower. Talk about red flags. Dude, you're talking to the wrong person, if you're expecting someone to believe you.

Yeah, Girly can buy that shit, Kid. Your opinion don't mean dick here Ego®. ... 'Cause you ain't never fucking been there, bitch. I'm far more interested in Kid's story than yours. ... Girly's been doing seroquel, might be looking to switch.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
23-02-2013, 06:09 AM
(23-02-2013 03:18 AM)Egor Wrote:  ... and Veridicanism will eat atheism, and those who are the return of Christ will rule as a new and evolved species of human being.

GirlyMan will eat Veridicanism, with fava beans and a fine Chianti.... The Christ would be proud.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
23-02-2013, 06:59 AM
Is it possible that someone is THIS narcissistic? - that's all i can think about while reading what he has to say. This is really sad. At least (hopefully) he doesn't have to endure this himself consciously but i feel sorry for everyone who has actual real world contact with Ego...
In his mind the sun probably orbits him; he seems so full of himself that i feel disgusted by just reading his posts.
(As for why i'm still reading them: as with horrible accidents you can't look at them but you can't look away either...)

Unfortunately every post in his threads - even this one - fuels his sickness Confused
[+] 1 user Likes Vipa's post
23-02-2013, 07:06 AM
The Underpants Gnomes would be proud of Egor:

1. Make stupid Christian Post

2. Watch Atheists waste their time answering post.

3. Profit.