Pretending that I've never heard of Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2017, 05:36 PM
That's the new game I'm playing here in the deep south. Whenever someone asks me what church I go to, I pretend to not know what they're talking about. I pretend to have never heard of Jesus or church before. This puts them in an akward position of having to explain the story to an adult who is (as far as they know) hearing it for the first time.

The look on their faces is priceless, especially when I finally ask if they're joking or pulling my leg.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 33 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
12-05-2017, 05:41 PM
RE: Pretending that I've never heard of Jesus
(12-05-2017 05:36 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  That's the new game I'm playing here in the deep south. Whenever someone asks me what church I go to, I pretend to not know what they're talking about. I pretend to have never heard of Jesus or church before. This puts them in an akward position of having to explain the story to an adult who is (as far as they know) hearing it for the first time.

The look on their faces is priceless, especially when I finally ask if they're joking or pulling my leg.

Laugh out load

Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
12-05-2017, 05:45 PM
That is deliciously subversive. I just wasn't socialized to pull people's legs, and have trouble telling when people are pulling mine, so I have great respect for someone who can pull that off with a straight face. To be a fly on the wall!
[+] 5 users Like mordant's post
12-05-2017, 06:02 PM
(12-05-2017 05:36 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  That's the new game I'm playing here in the deep south. Whenever someone asks me what church I go to, I pretend to not know what they're talking about. I pretend to have never heard of Jesus or church before. This puts them in an akward position of having to explain the story to an adult who is (as far as they know) hearing it for the first time.

To properly do this you have to practice up on your Andy Kaufman "Foreign Man" accent.

Yog Sothoth! Yog Sothoth! Come back old ones! Yog Sothoth!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 2 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post
12-05-2017, 06:08 PM

Atheists are so funny.

Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
12-05-2017, 06:33 PM
(12-05-2017 06:08 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  

Atheists are so funny.

Hobo

> I get similar reactions from Jehovah Witnesses when I quote passages from The Silmarillion at them. Big Grin
[+] 9 users Like Gwaithmir's post
12-05-2017, 06:42 PM
BRILLIANT!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes treefireguy's post
12-05-2017, 06:50 PM

When you read the best thing you've read all night. Wink

That's incredible. Hah!

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
12-05-2017, 07:01 PM
BowingBowingBowingBowingBowing

Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Larai19's post
12-05-2017, 07:13 PM
So much regret to have but one Like to give this lovely level of trolling. Smile

Has anyone tried to explain it to you?

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post