Pretty cool how you attack... .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2015, 09:32 PM
RE: Pretty cool how you attack... .
(16-07-2015 09:30 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 08:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I have no persecution complex. As stated I don't really put too much into what people think of me. Never really have a shit, never will.

If this was true, you would have zero urge or reason to respond to these types of posts repeatedly. Oh you said to me you weren't "caring" despite that, You here continue to make points about all this bickering of how peoples approaches are with hate and not opening to your correct view.

You are either lying to us or simply lying to yourself. It's clear in your behavior which isn't a manipulation of what you proclaim you feel, it's how you are actually acting.

If all you care about is showing the way, don't talk about any of this and just talk about that. Cool
So ignore the negative, and stay focused on the positive. Thanks for the advise, really. I will see how that works.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2015, 09:33 PM
(16-07-2015 08:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  RocketSurgeon,
I didn't watch the video. I am certain the person you are referring to is a bigot. He probably, indeed, has his coming in a negative way. I wasn't attacking anyone. Christianity needs a major overhaul, but there are Christians that are true to the Bible and God. They are most likely few and far between.
I understand your anger at them to some extent. However they are not the only ones guilty of hate. And they aren't the only ones lost. We are all connected. It doesn't have much to do with hippies. You have to work hard to achieve in reality. Hippies had some stuff kinda right but didn't clean and didn't work. I'm not playing any card. Indeed no harm no foul. I'm willing to continue with a clean slate. Are you?

I have no blind hatred. I am a former Christian. I have studied the Bible and I know it as well as anyone I have ever met in real life (and my mother just retired last month as a professor and department head at an Evangelical Christian university), and my feelings are with eyes wiiiide open.

You are the one who is not "true to the Bible and to God". That guy in the video is the result of when people are honest about what the Bible really says, and I rightfully hate him for it. Check out the video; I'd say fully 1/3rd of it is Bible quoting. The Bible says to kill gays. It really does. He took that one step further, and promoted killing people who're gay because he wants to stop the "threat" of AIDS; it wasn't long ago that Mike Huckabee promoted concentration camps for them while he was a state Governor. He stood by this statement when he ran for President. And I stand opposed to anyone who follows such a barbaric religion, in any of its Bronze Age aspects, and most especially those who promote its most violent aspects. I cannot help but wish to return his open call for violence with desire for violence in return. I feel that is well-earned, as well.

If you are instead a "liberal" Christian, who believes in modern, post-Enlightenment values and the scientific method of discovery and self-correction, then you are welcome here, and I count you as an ally and potential friend ... even though I still think your sky-god-magic beliefs are ridiculous. I also think people who fanatically follow professional sports are ridiculous. *shrug*

By coming in here and making baseless assertions about invisible, undetectable things that are "very real" (more than just real, very real), and saying that we have a terrible fate in store, you have earned enmity. Earned it. You indeed played the martyr card, and if you thought we were too dense or inexperienced to spot it, then you now know that we are not.

So as I said, either show us you're a scientifically-literate, post-Enlightenment-values, decent human being who just happens to believe in Christianity (in which case you're likely to still be mocked, on an atheistic website, but less likely so by Yours Truly), or else "carry your ass to the door, Christard".

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
16-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Whoa man. Ok. Please tell me where I can find in the Bible that it instructs us to kill gays please. How have I played the martyr if I live? On The contrary, I find that most atheist really are intellects. I was one for over 20 years and can relate to most. Once again it seems to me that you firmly believe that the material realms are all there is. That if you can't deduce it it isn't real. I'm sorry but the only true science is math. Everything else is speculation. Even worse yours is deniable by other speculation. My knowledge, however is literally undeniable through science or any other means. Not a Christian. If I had a name for what I know I would call it unity, or the religion of One.
16-07-2015, 09:45 PM
Oh yeah, thanks for leveling with me.
16-07-2015, 09:56 PM
(16-07-2015 09:44 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  My knowledge, however is literally undeniable through science or any other means.

Shades of Ken Ham and his being unable to identify anything that would change his mind. You do not have knowledge, you have a belief, and you are apparently completely close-minded about it. If you had knowledge you would be able to demonstrate the truth of your claims but all you can do is pontificate. The only sense in which your prattling is undeniable is that there is nothing there of substance to latch on to in order to deny it.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
16-07-2015, 10:07 PM
Seriously, you've never read Leviticus 20:13 ???

13 If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.

Want more? A lot more? Watch the video. He talks all about it. Start of the thread. Enjoy!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
16-07-2015, 10:15 PM
(16-07-2015 09:56 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 09:44 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  My knowledge, however is literally undeniable through science or any other means.

Shades of Ken Ham and his being unable to identify anything that would change his mind. You do not have knowledge, you have a belief, and you are apparently completely close-minded about it. If you had knowledge you would be able to demonstrate the truth of your claims but all you can do is pontificate. The only sense in which your prattling is undeniable is that there is nothing there of substance to latch on to in order to deny it.
Ok I guess we are all entitled to opinions. So, to you the Universe and everything in it doesn't go along a path without deviation of any sort. How can you come to this conclusion? I came to my conclusion through simple observation. You know that our free will isn't connected to our very fate as a species? Do you think that our inability to realize our tyranny over earth and its inhabitance is due to some kind of truth? Or are we just willfully against accepting our special potential in relation to the Universe. I'm sorry if you can't follow. Let me know what you are having trouble grasping and I will attempt to clarify further. Have patience.
16-07-2015, 10:30 PM
Pops - if you're really serious about understanding what the Bible really says, and what it means to be a "true, Bible-Believing Christian", as so many like to claim, either take a good college course on it (not at a fundamentalist college; they obfuscate what is known, in favor of cherry-picking only what supports preexisting ideas, even when those ideas are only loosely Biblical), or start with some good websites.

I'd recommend a few websites. http://www.evilbible.com is a good place to start.

16-07-2015, 10:34 PM
(16-07-2015 10:30 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Pops - if you're really serious about understanding what the Bible really says, and what it means to be a "true, Bible-Believing Christian", as so many like to claim, either take a good college course on it (not at a fundamentalist college; they obfuscate what is known, in favor of cherry-picking only what supports preexisting ideas, even when those ideas are only loosely Biblical), or start with some good websites.

I'd recommend a few websites. http://www.evilbible.com is a good place to start.

Nice link, I prefer http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/. Thumbsup
[+] 3 users Like xieulong's post
16-07-2015, 10:59 PM
You could also actually read the Bible...
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post