Pretty cool how you attack... .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2015, 12:06 PM
RE: Pretty cool how you attack... .
(17-07-2015 11:48 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Good Lord, this is still going on lol? Next time I visit this thread, I'll pack you guys some Gatorade and sandwiches Big Grin

Jenny? Did you just attack them? Tongue

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2015, 12:07 PM
(17-07-2015 12:06 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 11:48 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Good Lord, this is still going on lol? Next time I visit this thread, I'll pack you guys some Gatorade and sandwiches Big Grin

Jenny? Did you just attack them? Tongue

I'm a yoga ninja Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
17-07-2015, 12:16 PM
(17-07-2015 10:32 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I don't feel like reading through all this bullshit, but here's an incredibly relevant video compilation of goats riding horses.

Now that's what you call talent Thumbsup

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
17-07-2015, 12:28 PM
(17-07-2015 09:36 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I do not lie. I really try hard to not even partake inundated white lies.

Well that's a lie.

Lying is part of our hard wiring. Lying can also be more than words. Have you ever smiled even thou you weren't happy? Or pretended you were a pirate, or cowboy, or Astronaut, when you just wanted to have fun.

You may not see these as lie's because it's fleeting or seen as something positive.

We are social animals. We want to be accepted in our group. Maybe you want to impress a love interest, so you clean yourself up more then usual. We lie to Avoid hurting someones feelings, avoid shame, or avoid conflict.

There's a popular scenario that people bring up when presented with Lie are Bad.

Your in Nazi German during WWII. In your attic you have a Jewish Family hiding. At your door you hear a knock and you are greeted by two Nazi Soldiers. They ask you. "Are you hiding any Jews?" What is the proper way to respond? Is it more moral to lie and save lives, or to tell the truth to end them?

What about people that are Compulsive Liars. They lack the ability to stop lying. Often brought on by a early-childhood trauma.

Being deceitful with ill intention is a bad thing. But being a liar with positive motivations is just part of human nature.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
17-07-2015, 12:42 PM
(17-07-2015 10:48 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I gotta say, guys, lay off him for the pot smoking, though. It's the one likeable trait I've seen thus far.

I know... I was thinking ... maybe he just got a hold of some bad shit. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
17-07-2015, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2015 01:57 PM by Atothetheist.)
(16-07-2015 01:38 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  the defenceless. Really stand up behavior. You won't lesten to the most simple of reasoning in your adamant disbelief. You are truly the nonbelievers. Your very limited fate awaits you Good luck with that. Really I hope y'all find salvation in simple obvious truth. You sure in the fuck won't ever find it in hatred and ignorance.

I find it oddly ironic that you are doing exactly what you are accusing US of. By the way, your veiled threat of Hell is sickening. How dare you claim that we attack the defenseless, and yet you seem to be damning us.

How about this, instead of spitting YOUR hate on us, you engage us in a debate that we can both benefit us instead of this stupid, vapid and ignorance laced post where you accuse a, by its very definition, diverse group of people of a single action that you yourself are guilty of.

Good day.

EDIT: And I was late on the draw. Again.... Angel

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 3 users Like Atothetheist's post
17-07-2015, 02:04 PM
WhiskeyDebates
Didn't realize your post want on for ever. I find short to the point posts to be much more clear. Anyway,
Alright, I was atheist for over 25 years so how is my belief in an after life which I acquired within the past 5 years caused by my ancestors exactly?

Ignorance is lack of knowledge. I am most definitely ignorant on some things. But not what I discuss here.

Just because science can effectively disassemble things and describe it's findings doesn't mean it really answers too much. Math is the only undeniable science. The only one can can be proven 100% without any hypothesis or guesses. Again, not lying or ignorant just because you can't prove me wrong with science. Religion isn't in the business of proving pointless things through deconstruction. That's what science is for.

Who said you personally needed salvation. If you want to lead a somewhat meaningless selfish life for a finite period of time while insisting there is no meaning to your little existence, be my guest. You don't get shit when you die. Your energy goes elseware. Either it is bound here or is gathered with other positive energy.
The natural order is what I'm talking about. Just because you can't explain away the mind, or dark matter doesn't mean they don't exist does it?
It's all about nature. Everything has a natural order as you stated. We are the only things in the observable Universe That has the option to go against that natural order. That is because of the gift/curse of free will.

Prove that eternity exists... can't, but can observe infinite potential in chaos in the form of black holes and our own chaos or actual waste of stored energy in the form of knowledge without action.

Frankly I couldn't care less if I die today, this very instant. I am ready and accept it with opened arms. What do you await? End? Sounds exciting. Just so you know. I don't think there is a concuousness after physical death. So I may not be aware of my afterlife. I do not care. This isn't for me. I wouldn't expect you to understand. I have no ego to save. Never did, really

Current organized religions rely on a middle man for a connection to God. This is in needed as we are all connected to God and evil. Organized religions focus on division of humanity for selfish, greedy reason. I know that all main religions are the same belief system. Organized religions focus on small details that seperate them like translations and the supposed names of their God. I know that the names are the same meaning and that there is but one God, and it's the same one for all forms of Christianity and Islam.
Christianity in some cases thinks that you can do whatever and still go to the good upon death as long as you admit Jesus Christ is your savior. Not only do you not have to admit, or be aware of that, but Your good upon death must outweigh your bad. This is related to thoughts and actions. Because of corruption and division of religion and government churches expect money. This would not be necessary in my theories. I'm sure there is more. I will think of them later
Only evr insulted any of you in defence and frustration. I came here because I can relate to atheist. And it has always been my experience that you take care of the hard problems first and the rest is easy. Guess that's just crazy talk though, right? Just because I know something doesn't mean I can d demonstrate it. I know I have you have thoughts of some sort but I can't really show them to you can I? I can simply quote what you said. That doesn't show that it took thought to say it. Let me explain something else to you; you said that I do believe what I say. That's pretty obvious right?
Well if I was knowingly lying about my knowledge I would be damned with no chance of salvation. Why in the fuck would I do that just to argue with the likes of you. Consider.

Why don't you get a little of that arragant bias out before the next one, or not .
17-07-2015, 02:07 PM
(17-07-2015 09:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 08:58 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  ...
I'm making the comment on the..... unintelligible. ... state of a lot of your posts.

I've only just noticed this guy and yes, it's painful to read.

(17-07-2015 08:48 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ...
Is this self importance? No it is observation and the result of vigerous training, and experience. You can rebuke whatever you want with your aragent assuming assertions. Never claimed you couldn't. Doesn't make them any less ludacris though. Your acusatuons are wholly unfounded. They , however will not veer my course. Only strengthen my resolve. Your acceptance of me as a person is irelavent.

(17-07-2015 08:39 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ...
I do smoke pot sometimes though.

All is explained.

(17-07-2015 07:42 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ...
I do not align with many Christian views as Christianity seems to be rife with confusion and skews the intended word for its own profit.

This wasn't too bad. Just one 'm' too many... without which it would have been a worthwhile opinion.

Drinking Beverage
The English language limits you just as the rest of your academics limit your perception. Could you understand me without correcting my errors? Or are you really suggesting that you don't get what I say because of grammatical error?
(17-07-2015 09:08 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 08:02 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  WhiskeyDebates,
The positions I hold are undeniable.
Prove it, because so far your positions are entirely undemonstrated and thus logically and honestly MUST be denied as the made up nonsense they are. But please do prove them.

Quote:I have been educated in the things I discuss, I assure you.
Your assurances are worthless, as you are a demonstrable lier. Besides being educated in a delusion is not something to be proud of.

Quote:Please attempt to refrain from comparing me to any other for i am me and none other.
You are a carbon copy of 90% of the theists that stumble blindly into this forum. You are a dime a dozen, your "arguments" are the same, your delusions are the same, your lack of education is the same, and your fallacies are the same. Despite what your arrogance tells you are not a special little snow flake. You have nothing new to say and only old rehashed bullshit to sell. You are EXACTLY like the rest.

Quote:I am not superstitious, or ignorant.
The belief that there is life after death is born ENTIRELY from a superstition pasted down to you by your ancestors. Your belief in this despite your complete and total inability to provide even a shred of evidence from this belief makes you ignorant. Your abject refusal to see past your wishful thinking is what makes you delusional. the fact you believe them and don't think they are superstitious does not magically make them not superstitious.
You want a good example of your ignorance and delusion? Look up. Someone tells you you should actually read the Bible and in one sentence you claim to have read it and then in the next admit that you have not even finished the NT.... WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY claiming to be educated on this topic. You are the poster boy for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Quote:Forgery of the mind is what science causes without individual thought. Acceptance of guesses as fact is pretty much the definition of ignorance.
Then it's a good thing that science does not operate like that ain't it? You claim to not be ignorant and then IMMEDIATELY and deliberately lie about how science works. Science does not "make guesses and accept them as fact" your fucking idiot, the facts presented to us through the scientific process are PROVABLE, are DEMONSTRABLE, and can be reproduced and shown.
Something you can not do with a single thing you have said. You are ignorant when you lie like this. Name me something that Religion has PROVEN to be true, not asserted but proven.

Quote:There is no lie whatsoever that I will claim is related to truth at all.
You literally just did this when you described science as a collection of guesses taken as fact you dishonest wanker.

Quote:Salvation is free.
Prove it. Provide evidence that:
A.) I require salvation of any kind what so ever.
B.) I get it after I die.
C.) That anything exists outside of the natural order that can even grant it.

You ARE full of superstitions and your inability to recognize that changes nothing.

Quote:In fact your very existence in your current state is but a blink of an eye in relation to eternity. If your cool with that than who am I to argue?
While it's hardly important I want you to prove that eternity is a thing that exists. As for your "current state" nonsense the only state I, or you, have ever experienced is the earthly one. Your superstitious nonsense about an afterlife is just that, nonsense, until you can demonstrate it.
As for if I'm cool with my existence being but a blink of the eye......what the actual fuck does my opinion have to do with it? My existence is my existence and it's brevity or longevity has no impact on it at all. However you betray your own thinking kiddo: it's very clear that the idea of being an inconsequential blip in time bothers YOU. The difference, besides that, is that I don't embrace made up stories and superstitions to make myself feel better. I don't have to lie to myself and others to save my own ego.

Quote:I was blind, and indeed invelopes in darkness, but no more.
Oh grow up, you still cleave to a bunch of made up bullshit you can't prove an ounce of. Your blinders are still quite firmly attached and you prove it when you start to lie about what science is and how it works.

Quote: I would appreciate it if you kept my children out of your arragant assumptions.
I would appreciate it if you would stop being deliberately dishonest and lying through your teeth. Frankly though I don't give a fuck what you appreciate though and my claims about your decedents throwing off the yoke of your delusional superstitions was not an assumption but was in fact based entirely on the rapidly rising number of people, especially the young, who are giving up these old tattered superstitions of yours every day.
Your decedents will be free of your stupidity and perfidy and it matters not one bit if you like it or not.

Quote:Once again not superstition and not aligned with flawed perception of beliefs such as found in current organized religion.
Right. Right right right. Everyone else is wrong and you just happened to get it right. It's not religion that's wrong it's ORGANIZED religion that's the problem. Uh-huh, your the specil snowflake that figured it all out.
Demonstrate to me the mechanic by which you are able to figure out that the current organized religions are wrong and you are right. Betcha you don't have one.

Your beliefs are not based on demonstrable, testable, or falsifiable evidence. They are not logically consistent and have numerous fallacies in them and they do not comport to reality.
They are delusions and superstitions.

Quote:I simply look to start a new age of unity with all creation.
And you figured the best place to start would be to come to a forum where you KNOW we can recognize your obvious bullshit for the obvious bullshit it is, sling that obvious bullshit around, then insult the people who don't believe your obvious bullshit which, again, you knew in advance wouldn't believe your obvious bullshit.

Frankly you are free to believe whatever bullshit you want cause your too stupid to have any kind of impact on the world at all.Laugh out load

Quote:Based on what I know.
Knowledge is demonstrable. You have not demonstrated anything. You don't know anything, you believe. Pretending to have knowledge one does not is a sign of a fraud.

Quote:Not what I have read which completely backs up my knowledge.
You enjoy presenting your confirmation bias like a retarded peacock? You don't have knowledge you have belief.

Quote:Thanks for playing.
Thanks for putting up no actual defense of any kind other then "nu-uh!". Made winning real easy.Drinking Beverage
17-07-2015, 02:11 PM
(17-07-2015 09:17 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 08:48 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No dishonesty either.
You literally lied about what science is and how it operates. Now you are lying about not lying. A fantastic way to prove your point.Thumbsup

Quote:I am the opposite of whiny.
Yet you started a thread to whine about other people. Consider

Weird.
Not to whine at all. Was defending myself. And before that I was defending others.
17-07-2015, 02:13 PM
Opens with this...

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Didn't realize your post want on for ever. I find short to the point posts to be much more clear. Anyway,

... goes on for several paragraphs... two whole pages of my screen...

At this point, I'm thinking I want to try his religion just to get that degree of delusional... I mean, I DO smoke a lot of pot (or I did, years ago), and I never managed to get that disconnected from reality. Laughat

I'm a little jealous. Thumbsup

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post