Pretty cool how you attack... .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2015, 10:44 PM
RE: Pretty cool how you attack... .
(17-07-2015 08:18 PM)Dom Wrote:  I experience highs when I sit in my massage chair. I start floating into space, feeling elated and happy...and I can get the same feeling lying outside in the sun with my eyes closed.
Yes, these are the starts of inner peace in many cases I believe.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2015, 10:55 PM
Kinda weird. Everyone saw the post about an achievable connection with creation and some commented. Surely most saw post 202. What, tired of poking fun already? I doubt that. I really want to hear unbiased opinion. Is that too much to ask. I may not be too good at communicating. But I am trying to learn. Any opinion is welcome, really. Thanks in advance. And really I did come off as a retard with a chip on his shoulder solo, shit,...my bad. I don't think I know everything, and I really am on a mission as silly as that may sound to some. I am new to all of this. But it is a gift. And a sin if I don't share with others to the best of my ability. This is why I want real, useful input from non believing intulectuals.
17-07-2015, 10:57 PM
I really think it can be the start of change for better for all
17-07-2015, 11:02 PM
(17-07-2015 04:55 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How is it that the Lord is omnipotent and all encompassing, yet can't be observed?

Simple.

Good, straight, guided, amazing, infinitely powerful, kind, forgiving, obvious energy is everywhere. Remember everything is energy of some sort, including us. Literally everything in existence is quite miraculous.

Everything is good throughout existence. There is literally observable infinite energy or potential in black holes. Perhaps in other things like antimatter or dark matter.
This energy is chaos and has literally no observable direction or reason. We to can be observed as chaos, potential, or without direction, or indifferent. We are the same in that our indifference is actually potential. When someone doesn't act on something they know in any way that is chaos and the waste of energy. The energy in the form of knowledge isn't used for Good or bad. If you contemplate about all of the potential, or chaos in the world today you could surmise that the use of this energy would be very powerful indeed.

What I am getting at is that we are all Good.

We are all bad.

The lack of awarness that we exude is a waste of life and chaos. We hold all of the potential. Through unity with creation we are creation.

Simple - we, for the most part, don't believe in the lord you speak of.

Start with something else and you may get some discussion.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-07-2015, 11:15 PM
(17-07-2015 10:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I really think it can be the start of change for better for all

What qualifies better?

That long post is mainly a bunch of speculation and unsubstantiated statements about what could be goodness, order, energy, etc. It's just using unclarified buzz words in some random manner. There is no evidence in saying, oh look at all the energy around you. It's a abstract and meaningless as saying the Bible is definitive evidence of God or look at the trees and waterfalls beauty, see! God is good!!

It's not as bad but pretty close to this: http://www.wisdomofchopra.com/

"Your heart co creates potential chaos"

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
18-07-2015, 12:30 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2015 12:51 AM by Logisch.)
(17-07-2015 10:55 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Kinda weird. Everyone saw the post about an achievable connection with creation and some commented. Surely most saw post 202. What, tired of poking fun already? I doubt that. I really want to hear unbiased opinion. Is that too much to ask. I may not be too good at communicating. But I am trying to learn. Any opinion is welcome, really. Thanks in advance. And really I did come off as a retard with a chip on his shoulder solo, shit,...my bad. I don't think I know everything, and I really am on a mission as silly as that may sound to some. I am new to all of this. But it is a gift. And a sin if I don't share with others to the best of my ability. This is why I want real, useful input from non believing intulectuals.

If you want to communicate and be respected, then toss the ad hominem attacks aside and disregard ad hominems sent your way. It's a social test.

I'm not on here as much these days but I can tell you this... from a social standpoint, most of us have been here long enough to see a lot of arguments (I mean a lot).

The good ol' copy pasta, people who want to regurgitate things they heard from some random blog somewhere, and then tell us we're all burning in hell, or use anecdotal evidence to make their case and fall back on faith. Then when people criticize it for them, they get mad.

If we were sitting at a table, smoking a cigar, drinking some whisky and talking about things, I'd be happy to talk to you about things, and get opinionated. But I'm not going to call you an idiot, or tell you to go fuck yourself. It doesn't make it right that others do it and expect a non double standard, but it's a social aspect of weeding out people worth talking to and people who can be disregarded, tossed aside, and ignored.

I grew up religious, and had very solidified beliefs about creation. I was a young earth creationist for a large portion of my life.

These days, those fervent beliefs are gone. I eventually took a step back and decided to look critically at my beliefs when I got into astronomy. My YEC beliefs heavily conflicted with my understanding of things. I decided that I would take a firm stand that I would start caring more about what was true than what sounded good to me. That eventually led to me growing out of my religious beliefs. It was hard at first, and my family still doesn't like that, but I'm happy with it, and I am enjoying learning things.

What you call creation I simply call the universe. I'm interested in learning about it, I'm interested in learning about the world around me, and I can do so without a god belief. I have religious friends who understand the same concepts I do, and the only difference is that they attribute it to a sky daddy and I don't. It doesn't really bother me that they do that since they understand the concepts well, and they just fill in the unexplainable gaps with "god did it" until something else comes along that explains it, which eventually becomes, "god did it." again.

At the same time, I feel intimately connected with that big picture. I do astrophotography by hobby, and every time I go out and take photos of nebulae or stars, it's like a self portrait to me. To fathom the time it takes for the photons to reach across the milky way and hit my sensor is crazy to me. The first time I captured my first nebula I went, "SHIT!" and it was a hell of a moment for me. It was a deep moment of realization for me to realize that I am connected to that. All matter in the universe all came from the same point during the big bang. Scattered for billions of light years, expanding. But it all came from the same point. That's me, that's you, that's us. Sure, we're all separate matter, but it all came from the same place. I suppose you could call that "spiritual" if you want, some might, I don't. It's still awesome to me, and I love it. I feel connected to it. Even when I'm dead, rotting away, other creatures will use my matter for their benefit. Thousands of years from now, if we haven't blown ourselves up, my matter will still be here, I'm still part of the universe, not conscious, but I had my moment in the light. We all did.

It's the chance to accept that anyone else could have been born in my place, but I get the chance to experience it that I am incredibly happy about. For all I know, another sperm could have fertilized that egg and could be the next Einstein. As ordinary as I may be, it's still my time, my moment. I'm going to soak it up. I don't need some supreme being to give me permission to enjoy my time, to tell me to be good or bad, to decide my fate. That's in my hands. It's scary at times to be an adult, I think everyone feels that way. But this is my life. It's my chance to be a small part of the universe. Shout out to all the protons and neutrons that are busy being gassy on Jupiter just hanging out in the big red storm that can't be conscious, I'll happily take photos of them for them Wink

And what's with all the religious folk that have an issue with the big bang? What if there is a creator and that creator used the big bang and evolution to form life on earth and the universe? Why can't people wrap their minds around the fact that we have perfectly good explanations of the world around us and the universe that if they really want to, they can attribute to sky daddy, or not? People are so fucking stuck on whether or not things were a literal interpretation of a chapter of a book set back in the ages when people didn't even really understand the world was round or that planets revolved around the sun that they can't accept that maybe, just fucking MAYBE things change and they should just accept that. I mean shit, if we wanna use that logic, we should still be terrified of solar eclipses and start shouting at them due to the wolf god that caused it, and after some time of shouting, the wolf god goes away and the sun comes out. Except we can actually understand what a solar eclipse is, and no one in their right mind would believe that bullshit. Yet people are STILL stuck on debating the big bang and evolution as if somehow understanding strong nuclear forces and weak nuclear forces are impossible, and as if biology is a difficult concept. Fuckin' ayyyyyye.

I have a hard enough time believing that the person who designs the combustion engine and explains the combustion engine would think that the idea of compression is hard to explain and then says, "IGNITION IS MAGIC! magic goes into the coil, and magic goes out of the coil and therefore combustion!" - And yet people want their god to be small. "No no, the big bang is false because jesus. our god is small." If a supreme being capable of creating the universe could do so, then why would physics be far fetched? Why would biology be far fetched? Why would the laws of the universe be hard to grasp? It gets old. If a being created the universe, creating the laws of the universe set things in motion with the big bang, and biology and the diversity of species were set in motion, it would seem so incredibly petty that the being would care about whether or not you eat shellfish, wear mixed fabrics and masturbate. Seems.... primitive, at best.

I can't jive with the, "We're all bad, we all deserve terrible things, and this is why we're judged and deal with suffering" bit because it sounds like the pandering of a primitive thought process when people couldn't understand the world around them, and couldn't understand society, social aspects, the world around them and looked for explanations to fill in gaps.

If one wants to get down to the nitty gritty, we've slowly evolved from common ancestors, of common ancestors, of common ancestors, that at some point came out of the stinky fishy oceans of the earth that were bottom dwelling creatures. It took a long time, but here we are, and here we are exploring the world around us, the universe and capable of understanding it all.

Instead, people still hold to primitive, fervent beliefs that we're no better than dirt and undeserving of anything unless sky daddy tells us so, and we should just be soooo thankful that he sent himself to sacrifice himself for shit that he would have started in the first place since he/she would be an "all knowing, all powerful" creator, that "knowing everything" set everything in motion that he/she would know anyway. Free will would be an illusion, morality would be an illusion, and everything at that point is predestined anyway. So if that's the case, there's no point to discussing it because whatever happens will happen, and sky daddy decided he'd just toss a chunk of people into a big lake of fire for his own amusement since he knew what we'd all do anyway. Sounds like nonsensical bullshit to me.

I'd rather spend my time learning about the world and the universe, the way it works, contributing to society in a manner that helps people instead of denigrate them, make them feel like shameful, lesser human beings, and lift them up and make them feel like the badass they are: The only small part of the universe that we know of that is capable of understanding itself.

My current understanding of the universe tells me that all matter in the universe came from the same infinitesimal point, the same singularity, that we happen to live on a rock in space that is capable of sustaining life, that life happened to evolve here, here we are, we do NOT have all the answers, but if people would stop arguing over primitive bullshit, stop killing each other over petty things, and actually would spend their time accepting people for who they are, we could probably do great things.

We are all part of the same experience, the same universe, the same atoms and energy, and the same carbon. We'll all die here, we'll all live short lives by comparison to the big picture, and we should enjoy it while we can.

Whether or not someone wishes to attribute that to a sky daddy or not is irrelevant to me, so long as they don't attempt to harm me, my family or others in the process and don't try to force it on me.

Aside from that: Party on Wayne.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 5 users Like Logisch's post
18-07-2015, 12:50 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2015 12:53 AM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  WhiskeyDebates
Didn't realize your post want on for ever. I find short to the point posts to be much more clear.
Ya it must be really hard for you seeing all those sentences with the worlds spelt correctly and all used with their actual definitions. You know though... my posts would be a hell of a lot shorter if you would stop being so fucking wrong on so many fucking things. If you had a clue what you were talking about it might help.
Honestly though if I wrote a post that started out whining about how long a persons posts were and then went on to vomit up a paragraphs long (yet amusingly devoid of content :lolSmile post I would go back and erase my original criticism about post length so as not to look like a total fucking idiot. One of the many ways we differ I guess. Drinking Beverage

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Alright, I was atheist for over 25 years
Let me stop you right there. First off your a lier so I take your claim with a grain/mountain of salt. Further more I couldn't care how long you were an athiest because it does not matter given that you have demonstrated no critical thinking, no value for evidence, no grasp on logic and your ability to reason is somewhere below a potato so if, IF, you were an atheist you were not one for good reason. I'm not surprised you feel to your superstitious nonsense, your bloody stupid after all.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  so how is my belief in an after life which I acquired within the past 5 years caused by my ancestors exactly?
Your belief that there is an after life seem fairly heavily influenced by Biblical mythology and superstition.....which was fabricated out of thin air by our ancestors. The whole concept of life after death goes all the way back to peoples about as primitive as you can get. Your not adding anything new or of value to it. Do I have to explain how time works to you as well?

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Ignorance is lack of knowledge. I am most definitely ignorant on some things. But not what I discuss here.
Except that you ARE ignorant of those things because you don't KNOW you believe you dishonest lil' shit. Knowledge is demonstrable, you can't demonstrate it therefore you don't know it, thus you lack any actual knowledge and are by your own bloody definition...ignorant.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Just because science can effectively disassemble things and describe it's findings doesn't mean it really answers too much.
Here you go again deliberately lying about the role of science. Science is the ONLY thing that provides any real answers because it gives clear, testable, demonstrable, falsifiable, and most importantly REPEATABLE results. This is why you were lying earlier when you said it just makes fucking guesses. The end results of the scientific process are demonstrable, YOU on the other hand can't even show that the thing you think you have answers about even fucking exists or provide any way to show that the answers you do ASSERT to have are factually accurate.

Science is reliable and your bullshit is not. Which is why facts beat out your wishful thinking every damn time.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Math is the only undeniable science.
You're still using that word wrong. That's cute.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Again, not lying or ignorant just because you can't prove me wrong with science.
No you are lying because you are actively engaged in a dishonest misrepresentation of science, it's role in the world, and it's methodology which you KNOW while saying it that it's dishonest because I've pointed it out to you like 3 times now. Yet you keep lying about the fact your lying while STILL deliberately misrepresenting science.
Your ignorant because you make a claim to knowledge you don't actually have, you make assertions with no basis in reality, and your just fucking ignorant in general.

Also once again you fucking dishonest piece of shit it is NOT up to us to disprove your bullshit it's up to YOU to prove it's factual accurate and true...which you have already admitted multiple times you can't do. Tell me something: with you unable to prove a word of what you say how is it in anyway demonstrably different from a delusion? How are we supposed to determine if your lying, delusional, or telling the truth if even you can't show a single difference between the 3?

YOU have a burden of proof if you can provide no evidence to support your conclusion you have already failed and I need provide no evidence at all to dismiss it as unproven bullshit.

That's how the real world works kid.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Religion isn't in the business of proving pointless things through deconstruction. That's what science is for.
Science is for answer questions with demonstrably true answers. Religion, at least religion as you represent it is about making groundless assertions and proving nothing. What science does is anything but pointless you lying asshole.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If you want to lead a somewhat meaningless selfish life for a finite period of time while insisting there is no meaning to your little existence, be my guest.
See and now your back to lying again. Show me where I said that my life was meaningless. Fuckin' show me you lier. You are engaged in a strawman fallacy because I never said that so you can absolutely go fuck yourself on that one.
MY life has plenty of meaning, it's not a selfish existence anymore than any other life really, and it's most certainly not selfish cause i don't chose to spend my life in service to a creature that doesn't even exist as far as anyone, you included, can demonstrate.
When you have gotten so bad at responding to my comments that you have to make up bullshit I never said it's time for you to walk away from your computer.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You don't get shit when you die.
Correct and neither do you. You just die, your existence ends and there is nothing wrong with that. If you need to tell yourself fairy tales to make your self feel better about it that's on you, but I'll call it as the cowardice it is.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The natural order is what I'm talking about.
No, it's really not. The natural world and it's ordering (such as it is) is clearly demonstrable and occurs naturally. You are talking about undemonstrated, unproven, made up nonsense. The natural order and what you are asserting falsely as true are on total opposites.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Just because you can't explain away the mind, or dark matter doesn't mean they don't exist does it?
No it doesn't which would be a good point if I at any point tried to explain away the mind or dark matter except that I didn't and you are engaged in dishonest strawmaning. The mental processes that make up the mind are scientifically demonstrable, dark matter is mathematically demonstrable......NOTHING you have talked about is demonstrable in ANY WAY AT ALL. They are not the same and you are trying, like the dishonest lier you are, to attach your bullshit superstitions to real word things and call them comparable. They are not, one is real and yours are delusions.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Everything has a natural order as you stated.
Please quote me saying this.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  We are the only things in the observable Universe That has the option to go against that natural order. That is because of the gift/curse of free will.
Free will is not a gift as it was not given to us grow up. Secondly we are able to go against the "natural order" because we have a sufficiently evolved brain capable of acting outside the bounds of instinct. Not because of the intellectual equivalent of "pixies done did it." that you are trying to assert.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Prove that eternity exists... can't
Good then you can shut the fuck up about it and stop using as an argument a thing you can't even prove.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  infinite potential in chaos in the form of black holes
That's not what a black hole is, your sentences are a collection of words strung together in a pathetic attempt to sound intellectual and just end up being meaningless drivel.
How do you know it's infinite? Provide your calculations and your math for chaos, then provide it for infinite chaos, then provide a mechanic for how this nonsense can even be measured against black holes in the first place then provide those calculations. Do you even know what a black hole is?

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  and our own chaos or actual waste of stored energy in the form of knowledge without action.
Now I'm just convinced you don't even know what, or have a set definition for, energy means.
Provide calculations for how energy is wasted by possessed knowledge (which again...you don't fucking have) not put into action. Fuck, provide a definition of "energy".

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Frankly I couldn't care less if I die today, this very instant.
Good go do that then and make the world a smarter place.Drinking Beverage

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I am ready and accept it with opened arms.
Uh-huh. Rolleyes Bet you wear a seat belt.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What do you await? End? Sounds exciting.
Who said i was awaiting anything? I focus on my actual life and not some make believe one. Another way we are different.Drinking Beverage

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I don't think there is a concuousness after physical death. So I may not be aware of my afterlife.
You don't even know what consciousness means do you? If your no longer functions and your consciousness no longer exists then YOU no longer exist. There is nothing to give an afterlife to and no..."energy" is not a fucking answer.

You claim to be well educated in this topic yet you say nothing of substance, your vague to the point of saying nothing AT ALL. You fucking reek of amateur and it's hilarious how bad you are at expressing your own beliefs in a way they make sense.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I wouldn't expect you to understand.
Oh no I understand your full of shit, it's really not as hard to figure you out as much as you think it is.Drinking Beverage

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I have no ego to save.
Ah the theme song of the egotistical. Drinking Beverage You're lying again.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Current organized religions rely on a middle man for a connection to God. This is in needed as we are all connected to God and evil.
Evil is a man made concept and god is a fabrication, but keep trying your bullshit is just sooooo deep.Rolleyes
Also if relying on a middle man for a connection to god is wrong then I guess we don't need you here trying to do exactly that. So fuck off.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Organized religions focus on division of humanity for selfish, greedy reason.
That they are organized is not the problem with religion it's that they are, like your own beliefs, built on zero evidence and are thus worthless. Being organized just means your more efficient at spreading your delusions to other people.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I know that all main religions are the same belief system.
Except that you don't because they are not because they make mutually incompatible claims and thus CAN'T be. They come from the same place and that is the human mind and an evolutionary disposition toward eventing gods to make us feel better or fill in the gaps of our knowledge. You prattle on about your delusions as much as they do because your an idiot and have VERY large caps to fill.
You don't know shit.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I know that the names are the same meaning and that there is but one God...
You know this? OK prove it. Whats' that? You can't? THEN. YOU. DON'T. FUCKING. KNOW. IT. You are asserting it and that's all. It's a worthless sentence.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Christianity in some cases thinks that blah blah blah....
I don't care what Christianity thinks because it's mythology. I don't care any more then I do about what Zeus says, or any other religion. The differences in opinion between members of Christianity that you just listed? Ya... they are make believe. Delusions that neither can prove. They are arguing over fictiona nd I could care less because it has no baring on reality.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I will think of them later
I'm not interested in what you invent out of whole cloth to make yourself feel better/smarter. Keep your delusions to your self.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Only evr insulted any of you in defence and frustration.
Oh boo-fucking-hoo, everyone else is to blame for your actions but you. You acted like and asshole because you are an asshole. And a troll but lets not lose the mystique just yet you fraud.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I came here because I can relate to atheist.
we value evidence, good reason, and logically sound arguments and you value none of those and like brainless assertions and superstitious thinking. We have very little in common.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  And it has always been my experience that you take care of the hard problems first and the rest is easy.
We are not a "problem" let a lone one you would be capable of solving. There is more then two pieces to this particular puzzle so I fear it's out of your depth.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Guess that's just crazy talk though, right?
Given that that's your bread and butter I'd guess yes.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Just because I know something doesn't mean I can d demonstrate it.
No. Shut the fuck up and listen. Knowledge is demonstrable, if you can not demonstrate it then you don't know it you BELIEVE it. Demonstrability is how we distinguish between truth and delusion. And I've explained this like six times so you are just being a intentional dishonest and dense motherfucker.

You don't get to just declare whatever the fuck you like as true and then not have to show how it's true. You have a burden of proof so meet it or shut the fuck up.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I know I have you have thoughts of some sort but I can't really show them to you can I?
Shit English aside thoughts actually are demonstrable with the proper scientific equipment. So ya...that was a poor example.Laugh out load

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Let me explain something else to you; you said that I do believe what I say. That's pretty obvious right?
Oh no I think you are a lying, trolling piece of shit. I uh... I hate to burst your bubble but I'm pretty sure based on other conversations here that nearly everyone here is convinced your just a poe.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Well if I was knowingly lying about my knowledge I would be damned with no chance of salvation.
There is no "salvation", nothing needing "salvation" from and there is no damnation. Grow up you idiot. Also your whole argument is predicated on the idea that believers won't do wrong things. Which is fucking laughable. Here's a question for you: if your body no longer exists and your consciousness does not survive death what is salvation acting on? If everything that makes you you no longer exist what exactly is damned?
Your bullshit is not even internally consistent.
Laugh out load

All of which is irrelevant because I've PROVEN that you are lying. You lied about what science is and how it operates and I called you on that lie and you lied about lying. You claim to have knowledge that you actually don't. This is lying.
YOU. ARE. A. LIER.

If you believe your lies or not is irrelevant.

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Why in the fuck would I do that just to argue with the likes of you. Consider.
Because your exceptionally stupid? You wrongly believed it's the only way you can keep up with your intellectual betters. Sadly you just can't because assertions have no place in a discussion on truth. Drinking Beverage

(17-07-2015 02:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Why don't you get a little of that arragant bias out before the next one, or not .
Why don't you get some idea what the fuck you are talking about. How about learning a few definitions? You are mistaking me actually knowing what the fuck I'm talking about for arrogance. Your inability to reason does not make those that can arrogant.

I say again: Shoo.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
18-07-2015, 12:56 AM
(17-07-2015 02:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I have no burden whatsoever.

Noooope, shut the fuck up. You are making claims to knowledge so you have a burden of proof to demonstrate that they are true. That's how it works, you can not liek it all you want but you have a burden of proof.

Go fuck yourself.

18-07-2015, 12:59 AM
(17-07-2015 04:16 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  MERKABAH, BODY OF LIGHT
Merkaba, also spelled Merkabah, is the divine light vehicle allegedly used by ascended masters to connect with and reach those in tune with the higher realms. “Mer” means Light. “Ka” means Spirit. “Ba” means Body. Mer-Ka-Ba means the spirit/body surrounded by counter-rotating fields of light, (wheels within wheels), spirals of energy as in DNA, which transports spirit/body from one dimension to another.
The Merkaba is a crystalline energy field that is comprised of specific sacred geometries that align the mind, body, and heart together. This energy field created from sacred geometry extends around the body for a distance of 55 feet. These geometric energy fields normally spin around our bodies at close to the speed of light, but for most of us they have slowed down or stopped spinning entirely due to a lack of attention and use. When this field is reactivated and spinning properly, it is called a Merkaba. A fully activated Merkaba looks just like the structure of a galaxy or a UFO.
The Merkaba enables us to experience expanded awareness, connects us with elevated potentials of consciousness, and restores access and memory of the infinite possibilities of our being. When the Merkaba meditation is performed correctly, the Merkaba fluidly integrates our feminine (intuitive, receptive) and masculine (active, dynamic) aspects of our mind and spirit.
(http://lightworkers.org/blog/50955/merka...editation)

I'm sure you'll bash the source or something, I just thought it was interesting. I didn't research the source.

Oh fuck me it's the fucking Spirit Science dumbfuckery all over again.Weeping How about you prove that a Merkaba exists. Start small.

18-07-2015, 01:00 AM
(18-07-2015 12:30 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 10:55 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Kinda weird. Everyone saw the post about an achievable connection with creation and some commented. Surely most saw post 202. What, tired of poking fun already? I doubt that. I really want to hear unbiased opinion. Is that too much to ask. I may not be too good at communicating. But I am trying to learn. Any opinion is welcome, really. Thanks in advance. And really I did come off as a retard with a chip on his shoulder solo, shit,...my bad. I don't think I know everything, and I really am on a mission as silly as that may sound to some. I am new to all of this. But it is a gift. And a sin if I don't share with others to the best of my ability. This is why I want real, useful input from non believing intulectuals.

If you want to communicate and be respected, then toss the ad hominem attacks aside and disregard ad hominems sent your way. It's a social test.

I'm not on here as much these days but I can tell you this... from a social standpoint, most of us have been here long enough to see a lot of arguments (I mean a lot).

The good ol' copy pasta, people who want to regurgitate things they heard from some random blog somewhere, and then tell us we're all burning in hell, or use anecdotal evidence to make their case and fall back on faith. Then when people criticize it for them, they get mad.

If we were sitting at a table, smoking a cigar, drinking some whisky and talking about things, I'd be happy to talk to you about things, and get opinionated. But I'm not going to call you an idiot, or tell you to go fuck yourself. It doesn't make it right that others do it and expect a non double standard, but it's a social aspect of weeding out people worth talking to and people who can be disregarded, tossed aside, and ignored.

I grew up religious, and had very solidified beliefs about creation. I was a young earth creationist for a large portion of my life.

These days, those fervent beliefs are gone. I eventually took a step back and decided to look critically at my beliefs when I got into astronomy. My YEC beliefs heavily conflicted with my understanding of things. I decided that I would take a firm stand that I would start caring more about what was true than what sounded good to me. That eventually led to me growing out of my religious beliefs. It was hard at first, and my family still doesn't like that, but I'm happy with it, and I am enjoying learning things.

What you call creation I simply call the universe. I'm interested in learning about it, I'm interested in learning about the world around me, and I can do so without a god belief. I have religious friends who understand the same concepts I do, and the only difference is that they attribute it to a sky daddy and I don't. It doesn't really bother me that they do that since they understand the concepts well, and they just fill in the unexplainable gaps with "god did it" until something else comes along that explains it, which eventually becomes, "god did it." again.

At the same time, I feel intimately connected with that big picture. I do astrophotography by hobby, and every time I go out and take photos of nebulae or stars, it's like a self portrait to me. To fathom the time it takes for the photons to reach across the milky way and hit my sensor is crazy to me. The first time I captured my first nebula I went, "SHIT!" and it was a hell of a moment for me. It was a deep moment of realization for me to realize that I am connected to that. All matter in the universe all came from the same point during the big bang. Scattered for billions of light years, expanding. But it all came from the same point. That's me, that's you, that's us. Sure, we're all separate matter, but it all came from the same place. I suppose you could call that "spiritual" if you want, some might, I don't. It's still awesome to me, and I love it. I feel connected to it. Even when I'm dead, rotting away, other creatures will use my matter for their benefit. Thousands of years from now, if we haven't blown ourselves up, my matter will still be here, I'm still part of the universe, not conscious, but I had my moment in the light. We all did.

It's the chance to accept that anyone else could have been born in my place, but I get the chance to experience it that I am incredibly happy about. For all I know, another sperm could have fertilized that egg and could be the next Einstein. As ordinary as I may be, it's still my time, my moment. I'm going to soak it up. I don't need some supreme being to give me permission to enjoy my time, to tell me to be good or bad, to decide my fate. That's in my hands. It's scary at times to be an adult, I think everyone feels that way. But this is my life. It's my chance to be a small part of the universe. Shout out to all the protons and neutrons that are busy being gassy on Jupiter just hanging out in the big red storm that can't be conscious, I'll happily take photos of them for them Wink

And what's with all the religious folk that have an issue with the big bang? What if there is a creator and that creator used the big bang and evolution to form life on earth and the universe? Why can't people wrap their minds around the fact that we have perfectly good explanations of the world around us and the universe that if they really want to, they can attribute to sky daddy, or not? People are so fucking stuck on whether or not things were a literal interpretation of a chapter of a book set back in the ages when people didn't even really understand the world was round or that planets revolved around the sun that they can't accept that maybe, just fucking MAYBE things change and they should just accept that. I mean shit, if we wanna use that logic, we should still be terrified of solar eclipses and start shouting at them due to the wolf god that caused it, and after some time of shouting, the wolf god goes away and the sun comes out. Except we can actually understand what a solar eclipse is, and no one in their right mind would believe that bullshit. Yet people are STILL stuck on debating the big bang and evolution as if somehow understanding strong nuclear forces and weak nuclear forces are impossible, and as if biology is a difficult concept. Fuckin' ayyyyyye.

I have a hard enough time believing that the person who designs the combustion engine and explains the combustion engine would think that the idea of compression is hard to explain and then says, "IGNITION IS MAGIC! magic goes into the coil, and magic goes out of the coil and therefore combustion!" - And yet people want their god to be small. "No no, the big bang is false because jesus. our god is small." If a supreme being capable of creating the universe could do so, then why would physics be far fetched? Why would biology be far fetched? Why would the laws of the universe be hard to grasp? It gets old. If a being created the universe, creating the laws of the universe set things in motion with the big bang, and biology and the diversity of species were set in motion, it would seem so incredibly petty that the being would care about whether or not you eat shellfish, wear mixed fabrics and masturbate. Seems.... primitive, at best.

I can't jive with the, "We're all bad, we all deserve terrible things, and this is why we're judged and deal with suffering" bit because it sounds like the pandering of a primitive thought process when people couldn't understand the world around them, and couldn't understand society, social aspects, the world around them and looked for explanations to fill in gaps.

If one wants to get down to the nitty gritty, we've slowly evolved from common ancestors, of common ancestors, of common ancestors, that at some point came out of the stinky fishy oceans of the earth that were bottom dwelling creatures. It took a long time, but here we are, and here we are exploring the world around us, the universe and capable of understanding it all.

Instead, people still hold to primitive, fervent beliefs that we're no better than dirt and undeserving of anything unless sky daddy tells us so, and we should just be soooo thankful that he sent himself to sacrifice himself for shit that he would have started in the first place since he/she would be an "all knowing, all powerful" creator, that "knowing everything" set everything in motion that he/she would know anyway. Free will would be an illusion, morality would be an illusion, and everything at that point is predestined anyway. So if that's the case, there's no point to discussing it because whatever happens will happen, and sky daddy decided he'd just toss a chunk of people into a big lake of fire for his own amusement since he knew what we'd all do anyway. Sounds like nonsensical bullshit to me.

I'd rather spend my time learning about the world and the universe, the way it works, contributing to society in a manner that helps people instead of denigrate them, make them feel like shameful, lesser human beings, and lift them up and make them feel like the badass they are: The only small part of the universe that we know of that is capable of understanding itself.

My current understanding of the universe tells me that all matter in the universe came from the same infinitesimal point, the same singularity, that we happen to live on a rock in space that is capable of sustaining life, that life happened to evolve here, here we are, we do NOT have all the answers, but if people would stop arguing over primitive bullshit, stop killing each other over petty things, and actually would spend their time accepting people for who they are, we could probably do great things.

We are all part of the same experience, the same universe, the same atoms and energy, and the same carbon. We'll all die here, we'll all live short lives by comparison to the big picture, and we should enjoy it while we can.

Whether or not someone wishes to attribute that to a sky daddy or not is irrelevant to me, so long as they don't attempt to harm me, my family or others in the process and don't try to force it on me.

Aside from that: Party on Wayne.
So did you read anything I wrote at all. No sky daddy. How can you agree that all is connected and that we are blessed with free will as opposed to all other things in the Universe, and that all is energy and that we can make a difference through unity and morality, but then go on to say that our energy is of no importance to the Universe?

How can we have the sole opportunity but not potential?