Pretty cool how you attack... .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2015, 01:03 AM
RE: Pretty cool how you attack... .
(17-07-2015 04:55 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How is it that the Lord is omnipotent and all encompassing, yet can't be observed?

Simple.

Good, straight, guided, amazing, infinitely powerful, kind, forgiving, obvious energy is everywhere. Remember everything is energy of some sort, including us. Literally everything in existence is quite miraculous.

Everything is good throughout existence. There is literally observable infinite energy or potential in black holes. Perhaps in other things like antimatter or dark matter.
This energy is chaos and has literally no observable direction or reason. We to can be observed as chaos, potential, or without direction, or indifferent. We are the same in that our indifference is actually potential. When someone doesn't act on something they know in any way that is chaos and the waste of energy. The energy in the form of knowledge isn't used for Good or bad. If you contemplate about all of the potential, or chaos in the world today you could surmise that the use of this energy would be very powerful indeed.

What I am getting at is that we are all Good.

We are all bad.

The lack of awarness that we exude is a waste of life and chaos. We hold all of the potential. Through unity with creation we are creation.

Nope almost all of that is delusion and make believe. When people ask you to prove your bullshit don't follow up with more unproven bullshit.

Stop being a fucking dishonest shit and say something with some actual value for fuck sake.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
18-07-2015, 01:07 AM
(17-07-2015 06:26 PM)jennybee Wrote:  BTW, can you microwave grilled cheese? Big Grin

(17-07-2015 07:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  Microwave for about 40 seconds to melt cheese;
[Image: Heresy_Everywhere_by_zombiewaffle.png]

Heart

[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
18-07-2015, 01:13 AM
(18-07-2015 01:03 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 04:55 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How is it that the Lord is omnipotent and all encompassing, yet can't be observed?

Simple.

Good, straight, guided, amazing, infinitely powerful, kind, forgiving, obvious energy is everywhere. Remember everything is energy of some sort, including us. Literally everything in existence is quite miraculous.

Everything is good throughout existence. There is literally observable infinite energy or potential in black holes. Perhaps in other things like antimatter or dark matter.
This energy is chaos and has literally no observable direction or reason. We to can be observed as chaos, potential, or without direction, or indifferent. We are the same in that our indifference is actually potential. When someone doesn't act on something they know in any way that is chaos and the waste of energy. The energy in the form of knowledge isn't used for Good or bad. If you contemplate about all of the potential, or chaos in the world today you could surmise that the use of this energy would be very powerful indeed.

What I am getting at is that we are all Good.

We are all bad.

The lack of awarness that we exude is a waste of life and chaos. We hold all of the potential. Through unity with creation we are creation.

Nope almost all of that is delusion and make believe. When people ask you to prove your bullshit don't follow up with more unproven bullshit.

Stop being a fucking dishonest shit and say something with some actual value for fuck sake.
Go have a Dr. Johnny on my behalf. Look, if science can't prove I'm wrong then how am I going to prove I'm right with it?

Not your problem, so I've heard. Sure makes for stale conversation though.

Btw, Dr. Johnny: Johny Walker Black / Dr. Pepper.

Scotch whisky, tasty shit.
18-07-2015, 01:45 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2015 01:48 AM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(18-07-2015 01:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(18-07-2015 01:03 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Nope almost all of that is delusion and make believe. When people ask you to prove your bullshit don't follow up with more unproven bullshit.

Go have a Dr. Johnny on my behalf. Look, if science can't prove I'm wrong then how am I going to prove I'm right with it?

Not your problem, so I've heard. Sure makes for stale conversation though.

Btw, Dr. Johnny: Johny Walker Black / Dr. Pepper.

Scotch whisky, tasty shit.
I wouldn't be that cruel to whiskey even if it was just shitty Johny Walker. That's just rude.

And once again you stupid motherfucker, it's not up to science to disprove your shit. It's up to you to prove it, otherwise you just have assertions. YOU have a burden of proof and if you can't meet it then I have no reason to believe at all you are telling the truth or not delusional. That said science CAN prove you wrong you idiot......the second you provide some evidence for your bullshit views. Because we can evaluate your evidence, we can test it, we can see if it survives peer-review, and if it's repeatable and demonstrable. Which is exactly EXACTLY why you DON'T give us any evidence despite numerous requests because you know that the second you present any evidence we will disprove it. If you just declare it's not falsifiable then it's literally impossible for you to know it's true yourself. Literally impossible. Now you are working via blind faith with no justifications.

If you can't prove it and it can't be disproven means...that you have no reason to believe it's true at all. You are a joke lol You need to look up the world "Falsifiable" and why it's important to the evaluation of evidence and truth claims.

All you have is empty assertions and claims to knowledge you don't have. You have just....declared science can't prove you wrong, when you know it can. Which is why you avoid it at all costs like a cowardly dishonest scumbag.

That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Your shit is dis-fucking-missed kid. Now fuck off and take your superstitions and your Grade D whiskey with you.

Yuck.

[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
18-07-2015, 01:56 AM
Fall in back on that same shit I see. If I'm spook fucking stupid and wrong than surely you can prove that some way...right? I mean according to you I lied about science. According to you I am an ignoramus. Show me. You get angry because you can't prove the fucking retarded wrong. I'd be pissed too. Don't loose any sleep over it. I'm sure you'll figure it out one day. Hope fully for you it will be prior to your death, right? Hey that's rhetorical. I don't need someone to justify my thoughts if they can't even prove a moron wrong. Hell, if my kid kicks a dog I can completely explain to him how, and why that shit was wrong. So what was your excuse?... Oh yeah, not your place. You got that shit right. Good luck really. I need some clarity from a self proclaimed drunk. Pathetic if I gave a fuck. Too bad I'm here for th greater good, and not the individual, right.
18-07-2015, 02:02 AM
Calling you a drunk was sorta an assumption. I don't usually do that, but Damn.
18-07-2015, 02:03 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2015 02:10 AM by Logisch.)
(18-07-2015 01:00 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So did you read anything I wrote at all. No sky daddy. How can you agree that all is connected and that we are blessed with free will as opposed to all other things in the Universe, and that all is energy and that we can make a difference through unity and morality, but then go on to say that our energy is of no importance to the Universe?

How can we have the sole opportunity but not potential?

I think you're missing the point I made. Sky daddy makes his way into arguments most of the time, which is mostly just a gripe. It's irrelevant because you can feel connected with the world around you without the need for it. I appreciate you responding in a manner that is mature and amicable though.

Regarding your point however, being a part of the universe is inconsequential to the importance of the universe. What if asking whether or not "importance" is a completely irrelevant question? What if asking, "Why am I here?" is the same as asking what colors taste like, or what sound waves feel like with your tongue?

In the grand scheme of things, we're a tiny part of the universe, capable of understanding itself. I'll live up to 100 years if i'm lucky and don't die of a heart attack or cancer, which statistically isn't in my favor, or yours, or anyone else here.

Jupiter doesn't care, the great Orion Nebula doesn't care, Andromeda doesn't care (it's on a collision course with the milky way and surely doesn't give a damn), it's matter, it's atoms and energy. It has no consciousness. We're the only part of the universe (a very small part) that does, and knows. Even if we wipe ourselves out into a smoldering mess of nuclear dust caused by nukes and atomic destruction, when we are gone the universe will keep doing its thing. Planets will keep rotating around the sun, galaxies will continue forming, stars will keep popping up. As far as physics is concerned, it's of no consequence, because it'll continue without us.

The only consequence is that we have/had a chance to spread throughout, understand things, choose to make it something better. If we don't, humanity snuffs itself out, and we'll continue being matter floating around the universe.

Potentially there's other life in the universe that have come as far as we have. Life that has developed technology capable of spreading its footprint throughout, and of course with great power comes great responsibility. I ask myself, "What are the chances that such life would endure the same struggles? Would they be more responsible than we are? Would they hold onto primitive beliefs that would hold them back? Do they fight over primitive things like "Holy land" and lash out over a tiny fraction of a rock in space? I wonder what the odds are that such life has cropped up and snuffed itself out over the time of existence. We wouldn't know. We'd be none the wiser."

The universe is a hostile place. Plenty of places where life is incapable of sustaining itself. Plenty of places where incredible gravity tears stars apart, planets, moons, you name it. The only sentient part of the universe (that we're aware of) exists here. It's the only part that cares. That's why I care, because in all of the billions of years the universe has existed, we're the only part of it that can understand that.

That's reason enough for me. I wouldn't give it up for anything. It's a unique experience. It's a once in a "lifetime" experience. If not for that, you and I wouldn't be here discussing it. I'll refrain from "here's a video, just watch it" since I feel that one person may take one thing about a speech or video than another, but do want to leave this here, since I really love the Dawkin's "we are going to die" bit. I'll add it as a spoiler, since I don't wish to clutter the thread up with videos.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post
18-07-2015, 02:05 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2015 02:14 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
Wheeeeeeet! Flag on the play!

[Image: argument_shift_burden_zpsumw9jtng.jpg]

15 Yard Penalty. Repeat First Down.

Edit to add, since posts were near-simultaneous: This was not directed at Logisch's post, but at the "Show me YOUR proof" comment made by the person who is making wild, anti-scientific claims without a shred of evidence, when told that those claims were unscientific assertions of woo. Carry on.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
18-07-2015, 02:14 AM
So your point is that life goes on. Or existence goes on. My point is that we are the potential for change and through universal unity our potential could actually be universally manipulative for good or bad. As you know everything goes along its path without question but us. As you know there is infinite potential in the Universe. Could our unique consciousness of the Universe be tied to our very fate as a species or planet. Through our knowledge ( not just science) do we have the potential to change out fate? Also if the Universe is God and we are part of the Universe then God is literally and intricately attached to us whether we see it or not. Thanks for being equally civil.
[+] 1 user Likes popsthebuilder's post
18-07-2015, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2015 10:38 AM by Logisch.)
(18-07-2015 02:14 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So your point is that life goes on. Or existence goes on. My point is that we are the potential for change and through universal unity our potential could actually be universally manipulative for good or bad. As you know everything goes along its path without question but us. As you know there is infinite potential in the Universe. Could our unique consciousness of the Universe be tied to our very fate as a species or planet. Through our knowledge ( not just science) do we have the potential to change out fate? Also if the Universe is God and we are part of the Universe then God is literally and intricately attached to us whether we see it or not. Thanks for being equally civil.

Not sure if you are speaking to me or not. Based on your reply I'll assume thus.

If so then yes, what I am saying is that life goes on. Or rather, "things go on" without life, if that ends up being the case. Things continue existing, either way.

Certainly, our unique stance of being the only conscious part of the universe (that we know of) would make a difference in understanding the universe, progress, etc.

I suppose it would be an existentialist, even potentially narcissistic perspective with some ego attached for me to say, "If we are that part of the universe, then we are responsible for taking that as far as we can go. If we don't, who will? Us."

We are of course perfectly capable of changing our fate, if our fate is to snuff ourselves out from disagreement and nuclear holocaust that would be potentially inevitable as technology progresses. Should we choose to get along, spread out, seek knowledge and understanding how the universe works, we'd be far from limited to this rock called Earth, and who knows how far it could take us.

If one wants to call the universe "God" then so be it. Some call nature god, some call god the experience we call life, some of my pagan friends see "god" as nature, and the natural things around us. If you wish to see it from that perspective, intricately connected to the universe, however you wish to call it, you are regardless a participant. You are connected to the universe because the atoms that make up your body, and the atoms that make up the stars, planets, and the rest of the universe all came from the same infinitesimal point. However you wish to attribute it, we are all connected. I hope that clarifies what I am trying to say.

Some may call that God, and I can understand that from those that see things from a Deist perspective. I try to understand things in as simple a manner as possible, so if I can explain things without an extra explanation, I choose that path (Occam's Razor). However, I can understand how some call that God. I largely see myself as an agnostic atheist, or rather, "I can't prove there is a god as much as I can prove there isn't. I don't think one probably exists. If one did, then it'd be responsible for the way things were, and then left things alone, and probably doesn't give a damn afterwards." I still think that's highly unlikely, but I'm not going to jump on the burden of proof train and choochoo down the tracks of logical fallacies, it's a slippery slope.

It's inconsequential to me whether one exists or doesn't. I can simply understand what the universe is, what might be, and do my best to be a good person, and hope that others follow suit in a manner that is beneficial to our species, taking care of our planet, and our place in the universe.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post