Pretty cool how you attack... .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2015, 09:32 PM
RE: Pretty cool how you attack... .
(18-07-2015 07:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm sorry I don't have the patience to go through another one of your nonsensical posts just to repeat myself like you.
See now I've called your nonsense nonsense and then I go on to demonstrate and explain why it's nonsense.

You are welcome to do the same but I bet given how all you have been able to do, outside of lie, is make a bunch of assertions with no support at fucking all that that should be all I expect. I have not made one statement that is nonsensical they have all been backed up with proper reasoning, demonstrated examples, and sound logic. Which is a fuck lot more then you can say now ain't it? Your delusional brains inability to make sense out of sense is the whole reason why you believe the silly bullshit you believe. That's not my failure kid.

(18-07-2015 07:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  And that science without proper direction was counter productive. Sorry you can't see that....
I can't see that because you never said that. I've already quoted it twice do I need to again? You deliberately mischaracterized it as the acceptance of guesses as fact and it's just not. At no point in the scientific process is a fucking guess accepted as fucking fact. Go fuck yourself you lying cocksucker.

As for your "proper direction" bullshit I'd be willing to bet that it's only correct when it gives you the answers you want but lets leave that aside for now. Hell I won't even waste my time going in depth about how you are wildly unable to determine what is and is not the "proper direction" for science given your abject failure to understand the scientific process and what it's function or methodology is. Here is the important thing the "proper direction" for science is the scientific method because it gives us testable, falsifiable, repeatable, and demonstrable answers. Not motherfucking guesses you piece of shit.

(18-07-2015 07:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  but I can't right now I'm wore out from mess in with my youngest and not sleeping right lately.
Damn....looks like I ain't the one losing sleep. Heh. Drinking Beverage

You know you could save time by just copy+pasting your old posts here. I don't see the point in hand typing out each post if they are all going to contain the same stupidity, lies, superstitious nonsense, failure to justify your own beliefs, and fucking retarded insistence that you don't have to prove anything you say as the rest of your posts. Seems wasteful really.

But if you are pressed for time just go about disproving the knowledge I have about you being a despicable rapist. That's a fine place to start.

(18-07-2015 07:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  We'll talk or bitch again probably.
This is not a conversation this is an education. I'm trying to teach proper reasoning skills, Occam's Razor, the Null hypothesis, how to use words with their correct fucking definitions, how to avoid using your multitude of logical fallacies, how to stop being a dishonest piece of shit, the burden of proof and why it's important and so forth and so on. And you have just kept being dishonest, treating assertions as fact, lying about your level of knowledge and just mindlessly repeating the same stupid assertions even after they are long debunked, and best of all absolutely refusing to provide any justification whatsoever and cowardly and repeatedly dodging any and all questions.
Oh and before there is confusion the lesson is not for you. You are much too delusional to understand anything I'm saying.

(18-07-2015 07:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Didn't read 1/20 of last post yet. I will.
Honestly I'd be happy if you were able to comprehend 1/20th of a single post, I couldn't care less how much you read. Any idiot can read but not any idiot can understand what he's reading...which you keep proving. Which is helpful in it's own way I guess.Laughat

You know what, just read the part about me knowing your a fucking rapist. Start by disproving that you are not a rapist. I know you are so prove me wrong.
I doubt you will understand the lesson in it about the importance of the burden of proof but it will be fun to watch you stumble over it helplessly or cowardly avoid it it doesn't matter which really.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
18-07-2015, 09:33 PM
(18-07-2015 08:17 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Never said anything about a supernatural God. Just an all encompassing higher power like the Universe.

If it's not supernatural then it's natural and you can fucking demonstrate it to be true. So get on that.

18-07-2015, 09:47 PM
(18-07-2015 09:09 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I said it contains infinite potential in the form of black holes, or maybe dark, or anti matter. No proof.
Right and without proof that sentence is as meaningless as if you said that pudding has infinite potential in the form of lemons, puppy smiles, and the number purple. It's worthless until you can demonstrate that it's got some truth.

You are just derping at this point.

(18-07-2015 09:09 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I would have been an astronomer or archeologist of some sort. Live and learn though.
And now your just telling jokes. You know if you went into a scientific field of any kind you would not be allowed to just make shit up and demand other people prove it wrong. You would actually have to prove your assertions like I have been saying you need to. You know that right?

18-07-2015, 09:49 PM
(18-07-2015 09:47 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(18-07-2015 09:09 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I said it contains infinite potential in the form of black holes, or maybe dark, or anti matter. No proof.
Right and without proof that sentence is as meaningless as if you said that pudding has infinite potential in the form of lemons, puppy smiles, and the number purple. It's worthless until you can demonstrate that it's got some truth.

(18-07-2015 09:09 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I would have been an astronomer or archeologist of some sort. Live and learn though.
And now your just telling jokes. You know if you went into a scientific field of any kind you would not be allowed to just make shit up and demand other people prove it wrong. You would actually have to prove your assertions like I have been saying you need to. You know that right?
No. I was completely oblivious to that, much as you are to reality.
18-07-2015, 10:01 PM
(18-07-2015 09:49 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(18-07-2015 09:47 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Right and without proof that sentence is as meaningless as if you said that pudding has infinite potential in the form of lemons, puppy smiles, and the number purple. It's worthless until you can demonstrate that it's got some truth.

No. I was completely oblivious to that, much as you are to reality.
I'm not the one that believes made up superstitious nonsense and a bunch of...oh wait you though that was an actual answer to my argument. Well that's just adorable.Drinking Beverage

19-07-2015, 05:52 AM
Popsthebuilder: In response to another poster's question, you admitted that your science knowledge comes from watching science shows and documentaries. That's "studying" science in the same way that watching people act in a play is "studying" acting.

My questions to you:

What evidence exists that any natural process has a purpose/goal, rather than just a cumulative effect over time?

What evidence exists that shows there is a universe-level consciousness?

Why should this consciousness need to use the human lifeforms on this particular planet to achieve that purpose, and why does it need to have the lifeforms persuade one another of the truth?
19-07-2015, 06:24 AM
Julep,

Everything seems to have order, drive, and a goal in eestince. Even plants fight for survival when they must.

Rocks can't think. Neither can galaxies, but they go along there path of existence without faulter. No consciousness needed. The same can be said for insects. They just know there goal and execute it without question.
The Universe doesn't need us per say. But through our unique opportunity we could no doubt benifit from the Universe and perhaps it to could benifit from us. We are very unique, and have unparalleled opportunity. I don't know what this potential is capable of off of earth. But I do know that it is the only way we will ever survive past the destruction of the earth. Or the point at which earth will no longer have us as her guests.
19-07-2015, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2015 12:01 PM by Free.)
(19-07-2015 06:24 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Julep,

Everything seems to have order, drive, and a goal in eestince. Even plants fight for survival when they must.

Since we have not yet observed "everything," it may be a bit presumptuous of you to arrive at that conclusion.

It may be more accurate for you to claim that everything you can observe at this point in time seems to have order, drive, and a goal.

Now, in regards to this position of yours, there are actually two schools of thought of which I will explain below.

Determinism:

Determinism is the philosophical position that for every event, including human action, there exist conditions that could cause no other event.

In a nutshell, determinism is the philosophical position that everything began with a singular cause, which resulted in a chain reaction that cannot be altered, and it is the foundation for the saying of "everything happens for a reason."

Indeterminism:

Indeterminism is the concept that events (certain events, or events of certain types) are not caused, or not caused deterministically (cf. causality) by prior events. It is the opposite of determinism and related to chance. It is highly relevant to the philosophical problem of free will, particularly in the form of metaphysical libertarianism.

From my perspective, both indeterminism and determinism both co-exist, but if the universe is infinite as my earlier post indicates, then the universe is certainly mostly random/indeterminate in its existence.

What you perceive as "order" is the result of "order being created out of chaos." This means that determinism is being formed from within an indeterminate universe, but this state of determinism will have a time-line measuring it's duration of existence, and will eventually break down into its natural indeterminate state.

As humans, we tend to measure things according to our perspective. We see the beginning and ending of things, such as life. We assign a period of duration to all things existing within the order we perceive.

But that is our creation. We create these perspectives, and attempt to understand the universe from our limited perspectives. However, the reality is that it is more probable that the universe is an eternal indeterminate existence in which in many areas of the universe determinism is created for a limited period of time.

And even in our small determinate area of the universe, random variables from the indeterminate universe still affect us, influencing our decision making in what we commonly understand as "free will."

In time, as you stay here with us, your mind will be influenced by the education you will receive from many of us, and your perspectives will change.

That's how the natural universe works.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
19-07-2015, 08:07 AM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2015 08:22 AM by unfogged.)

Everything seems to have order, drive, and a goal in eestince.

In your opinion. I see no evidence of drive or goals in the universe except for the incredibly tiny percentage involving living organisms. Whether or not there is order would depend on how that term is defined.

Quote:Even plants fight for survival when they must.

As long as "fight" is being used metaphorically... apparently blind evolutionary processes are fascinating. If you mean more than that please demonstrate how you know there is a conscious awareness that is deciding to fight.

Quote:Rocks can't think. Neither can galaxies, but they go along there path of existence without faulter. No consciousness needed.

Right. They can do nothing else, not because consciousness isn't needed but because all the evidence points to there being no consciousness there.

Quote:The same can be said for insects. They just know there goal and execute it without question.

Except that insects do have some level of awareness and the ability to react to changing situations so they can't be compared directly to inanimate matter. Now please demonstrate how you know that insects have a goal, that they know what it is, and that they never question it.

Quote:The Universe doesn't need us per say. But through our unique opportunity we could no doubt benifit from the Universe

No idea what you are trying to say there. Your use of vague generalities doesn't carry much meaning.

Quote:and perhaps it to could benifit from us.

We could, in the very long term, possibly have a noticeable effect on the universe. To say that would benefit the universe makes no sense though unless you can demonstrate that the universe has some way to be aware of changes. The change may benefit or harm us, but that's not the same thing.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
19-07-2015, 08:17 AM

Rocks can't think. Neither can galaxies, but they go along there path of existence without faulter. No consciousness needed. The same can be said for insects. They just know there goal and execute it without question.
The Universe doesn't need us per say. But through our unique opportunity we could no doubt benifit from the Universe and perhaps it to could benifit from us. We are very unique, and have unparalleled opportunity. I don't know what this potential is capable of off of earth. But I do know that it is the only way we will ever survive past the destruction of the earth. Or the point at which earth will no longer have us as her guests.
Wow, that's a whole bunch of words for a response that does not answer a single question he asked you.Drinking Beverage