Pretty cool how you attack... .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2015, 08:24 PM
RE: Pretty cool how you attack... .
(21-07-2015 06:02 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 07:30 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If you didn't partake in the bullshit then you should be able to surmise that I wasn't fucking talking to you.

hmmm... mhm... Uhu... Nk. Drinking Beverage

Doesn't the lack of negativity in his posts just shine right through?Laugh out load

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
21-07-2015, 08:40 PM
(21-07-2015 08:24 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 06:02 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  hmmm... mhm... Uhu... Nk. Drinking Beverage

Doesn't the lack of negativity in his posts just shine right through?Laugh out load
No one is perfect. Everyone here can tell I am far from perfect. What is your piont? Yes I am a hypocrite on some levels. Thanks.
21-07-2015, 08:45 PM
(21-07-2015 08:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 08:24 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Doesn't the lack of negativity in his posts just shine right through?Laugh out load
No one is perfect. Everyone here can tell I am far from perfect. What is your piont? Yes I am a hypocrite on some levels. Thanks.

Yet you have no problem stating assertions like you "know" them as facts and have confined in the knowledge. Ever remember you used to claim to be open and questioning? Well you realize you aren't perfect, so maybe you should check your claims about what you think you know as we are all likely to be pretty flawed and wrong at times. That's why remaining skeptical about our own knowledge helps us grasp these issues.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
21-07-2015, 08:52 PM
(21-07-2015 08:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 08:24 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Doesn't the lack of negativity in his posts just shine right through?Laugh out load

Incorrect.

I am perfectly imperfect. So are you. So is everything. Perfect imperfection is the only perfection in existence.

Aside from 1 + 1 = 2, and 1, 2, 3 ... of course.

Big Grin

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
21-07-2015, 08:55 PM
(21-07-2015 08:45 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 08:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No one is perfect. Everyone here can tell I am far from perfect. What is your piont? Yes I am a hypocrite on some levels. Thanks.

Yet you have no problem stating assertions like you "know" them as facts and have confined in the knowledge. Ever remember you used to claim to be open and questioning? Well you realize you aren't perfect, so maybe you should check your claims about what you think you know as we are all likely to be pretty flawed and wrong at times. That's why remaining skeptical about our own knowledge helps us grasp these issues.
I have been sceptical and still am regarding much of my beliefs. That doesn't pertain to knowledge from Faith though and would effectively deny Faith. I get confirmation. Throughout each day usually though. I question and test myself daily.
21-07-2015, 08:58 PM
(21-07-2015 08:55 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 08:45 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Yet you have no problem stating assertions like you "know" them as facts and have confined in the knowledge. Ever remember you used to claim to be open and questioning? Well you realize you aren't perfect, so maybe you should check your claims about what you think you know as we are all likely to be pretty flawed and wrong at times. That's why remaining skeptical about our own knowledge helps us grasp these issues.
I have been sceptical and still am regarding much of my beliefs. That doesn't pertain to knowledge from Faith though and would effectively deny Faith. I get confirmation. Throughout each day usually though. I question and test myself daily.

It's entirely un-skeptical to exclude something as "special status" that you are for Faith. No, even your proclaimed faith knowledge is potentially flawed as it is interpreted by your senses and brain. To not distrust this knowledge is deluding yourself, which you proclaim to be doing daily.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
21-07-2015, 09:02 PM
(21-07-2015 08:58 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 08:55 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I have been sceptical and still am regarding much of my beliefs. That doesn't pertain to knowledge from Faith though and would effectively deny Faith. I get confirmation. Throughout each day usually though. I question and test myself daily.

It's entirely un-skeptical to exclude something as "special status" that you are for Faith. No, even your proclaimed faith knowledge is potentially flawed as it is interpreted by your senses and brain. To not distrust this knowledge is deluding yourself, which you proclaim to be doing daily.
How is checking to make sure I am true, and taking the necessary steps to ensure I am honest with myself deluding anything?
21-07-2015, 09:04 PM
(21-07-2015 08:55 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  That doesn't pertain to knowledge from Faith though and would effectively deny Faith.

That would be a good thing. Faith is not a path to knowledge. Look at all the conflicting beliefs that exist based on faith. There is no way to distinguish truth from delusion when faith is the source.

Quote:I get confirmation. Throughout each day usually though. I question and test myself daily.

If you are questioning yourself and also confirming your beliefs to yourself then you have a nice, tight, little loop going on. It has no value. What you believe is irrelevant until you have... wait for it.... evidence to back it up.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
21-07-2015, 09:07 PM
(21-07-2015 02:46 PM)Free Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 02:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  1+1=2 and infinity have no meaning outside of minds. Those things are merely properties of our universe without separate existence.

If they had no meaning outside our minds, then there could never be any number of objects in the universe, even if we humans did not exist.

How can they be properties of the universe if they exist only in our minds? Consider

Where in the universe do you find addition? Differentiation? Matrices? Algebras?

There are objects in the universe, there are particles, there are forces. To count or measure or relate them requires minds.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-07-2015, 09:09 PM
(21-07-2015 08:55 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 08:45 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Yet you have no problem stating assertions like you "know" them as facts and have confined in the knowledge. Ever remember you used to claim to be open and questioning? Well you realize you aren't perfect, so maybe you should check your claims about what you think you know as we are all likely to be pretty flawed and wrong at times. That's why remaining skeptical about our own knowledge helps us grasp these issues.

Faith can provide no knowledge.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user