Pretty cool how you attack... .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2015, 07:59 PM
RE: Pretty cool how you attack... .
(22-07-2015 08:52 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  True believer, not try.
Faith is different from belief. Belief is similar to a hypothesis, as Faith is similar to fact.

[Image: firefly-laughter-o.gif]

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2015, 08:08 PM
(22-07-2015 08:55 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  That is a false statement. The scientific method is a human construct, and not the only way to truth.
The scientific method is the only investigatory methodology which gives reliably demonstrable results.
Even if your method gave some kind of "truth", and it fucking doesn't, it does not give you reliably demonstrable results because I've been asking you to give those for days.
If you are going to say it's a false statement then your response actually has to address the statement AS MADE not as you would like to erroneously or falsely present it. My statement was absolutely true unless you can provide a method of investigation that gives results that are reliably demonstrable. You have already said your way is not demonstrable so fuck off with your false accusations.

You also didn't even touch the fact that for knowledge to be correctly labeled knowledge it HAS to be demonstrable. You have belief not knowledge.

(22-07-2015 06:57 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Faith is the problem. Believing things without evidence and thinking you are justified in doing so is the problem.

That appears to be, at best, a non-sequitur. Faith is belief without evidence so there's no confusion there, and I have no idea what a try believer is.

That's a huge part of the problem. You have decided that what you believe is what is actually true and you are completely closed off to changing your mind. It is really sad to see.

In other words you rationalize any conflicting information so that you maintain your current beliefs. That's why you are so completely seeped in woo that you can't understand what anybody else is saying.

Only when the believer is open to changing their belief based on evidence.

Exactly. You take in anything you can use to confirm your belief and reject anything else as wrong. You are one of the most close-minded individuals I've dealt with in a long time.

The difference is that your beliefs, not knowledge, are all in your head. They are not supported by actual evidence and have little or no relation to reality. Fantasy can be fun, but it shouldn't be a lifestyle.
Why are you quoting people and not responding at all? You keep doing that and it's fucking weird.

22-07-2015, 08:19 PM
(22-07-2015 09:00 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-07-2015 09:22 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Oh! Oh! Oh! From a day ago!

[Image: post-31074-J-Jonah-Jameson-laughing-gif-S-NWLY.gif]
You are so full of shit.
I still smoke after knowing from science and God that it will surely kill me before my time.
Fuck sake. That's not an example of hypocrisy you idiot. It's no wonder you don't think you are a hypocrite you can't even recognize it. It would be hypocritical of you to smoke if you keep telling other people to stop smoking cause it's bad for their health. You have to be a troll, there is no way you are THIS fucking stupid, it's just not possible. You are wrong on 100% of the things you say, it's just not possible. You should have gotten something right by now just on chance.

And you ARE a hypocrite in general cause I keep catching you being a hypocrite on a damn daily basis! When I accuse you of being a hypocrite and you say that you "Hypocrisy isn't in the equation for me" (which doesn't dismiss the fact that you were being a hypocrite) you don't get to just say "well I'm not a hypocrite in general" (which yes you actually are) as if that solves the issue.

Also I was not making fun of you in that post for being a hypocrite I was making fun of you for lying about "Hypocrisy isn't in the equation for me" when it very clearly is.

It's like you have a 4 second memory for your own bullshit. Oh and save your fucking Nu-uh! responses for someone else.

22-07-2015, 08:20 PM
(22-07-2015 09:39 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 09:35 AM)ohio_drg Wrote:  Facepalm
Really productive input. Keep up the good work.

Wow you are shockingly devoid of self awareness.

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
22-07-2015, 08:23 PM
(22-07-2015 09:25 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  My personal Faith works flawlessly within scientific fact.

Your faith says a global flood happened and that Adam and Even as well as Mosses existed but all of those have been proven as a fact to be untrue.

You are lying to us AND to yourself.

22-07-2015, 08:27 PM
(22-07-2015 10:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 10:07 AM)Free Wrote:  Please allow me to provide you some of the universally accepted definitions of faith from various sources.

In regards to your position, the following definitions apply:

1. Faith

belief that is not based on proof:

belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/faith

2. Faith

belief and trust in and loyalty to God.

firm belief in something for which there is no proof

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/faith

3. Faith

Belief in God or in a set of religious doctrines.

strong or unshakeable belief in something, esp without proof or evidence

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/faith

In all cases, the universally accepted definition of faith explicitly states it as a "belief."

Therefore, it would appear that you have made a choice as to creating a personal definition of what faith actually is, according to all available sources that speak to the contrary.
Uhm, ok. A belief that is unwavering and not variable is Faith, not a standard belief.
What about the rest of my post?
That's not even what you just quoted even said!Censored

22-07-2015, 08:48 PM
(22-07-2015 08:27 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 10:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Uhm, ok. A belief that is unwavering and not variable is Faith, not a standard belief.

Why do you beat your head against the wall with him. If 2.4 Billion people were convinced that shit was good enough to eat, all of his orifices would be overflowing. To him, you are nothing more than a test for his faith, without it, he would have to see himself as he really is. Now that would be scary. Shell
[+] 2 users Like ShellShilo's post
22-07-2015, 09:05 PM
(22-07-2015 08:27 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(22-07-2015 10:13 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Uhm, ok. A belief that is unwavering and not variable is Faith, not a standard belief.

That's basically what he does most of the time. I've moved on to realizing he's not worth any effort anymore. he's firmly attached to his lovely delusions.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
22-07-2015, 09:13 PM
Oh I know he's a lunatic but until he gets banned I'm gonna be on him like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snowstorm so that nobody reading his shit while on the fence goes "Oh ya that seems reasonable" and then dies of stupid. I'm not wasting my time on pops, I'm spending my time for the benefit of the lurkers.

Also it's really funny to watch him become an angry squid of rage, arms just flapping about. Tongue

[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
22-07-2015, 09:17 PM
I'm going to have to remember that phrase,

"an angry squid of rage".

Gotta be like, a book subtitle or an album title, or a tagline in there somewhere.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson