Pretty cool how you attack... .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2015, 11:26 AM
RE: Pretty cool how you attack... .
(23-07-2015 11:20 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The thing for me is when I step back and consider I see irrefutable evidence of all things being not only made of the same stuff,

I'm with you there

Quote:but all working towards one goal.

and you lost me there. What evidence is there that there is a goal or that everything is working towards it? It seems much more likely that you are just imposing your own views and preferences without doing anything to actually understand what you are looking at.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2015, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2015 11:52 AM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(23-07-2015 11:22 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I misspoke. In terms of humans there are indeed two conciousnesses.

That's about as deep as a hill and as informative as a brick to the head. Mind giving some evidence for that? (He asked knowing he wouldn't get it *sigh*)

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
23-07-2015, 11:34 AM
(23-07-2015 11:20 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(23-07-2015 10:41 AM)Free Wrote:  Trust me please.

It is my experience that many theists who come here are not open to the possibility that their beliefs may in fact be incorrect. To most, it is simply unfathomable that there could even be a possibility that God may not actually exist.

Please bear with me while I explain something to you.

Over the history of mankind, literally thousands of gods were once thought to exist. As time progressed, and other religions surfaced, belief in those gods evaporated. Now let me demonstrate how similar you actually are to we atheists.

Of the thousands of gods that supposedly existed throughout history, you believe in only 1.

Of the thousands of gods that supposedly existed throughout history, we atheists believe in 0.

You and we atheists have already discounted literally thousands of gods, with only 1 god left separating us. The only difference between you and we atheists is that we simply have no belief in just 1 god less than you.

Therefore, since you have managed to apply skepticism to the existence of thousands of other gods in which you have no beliefs in regards to their existence, I feel that it would only be reasonable of you to stand back and examine the possibility that the 1 god you have left may also not exist.

I am not asking you to become an atheist. I am only asking you to be skeptical of the last remaining god. It's only 1 god in thousands, and the choice to be skeptical about that last remaining god is entirely in your hands.

Thumbsup
Yeah, I can relate. I was atheist for over 20 years. The thing for me is when I step back and consider I see irrefutable evidence of all things being not only made of the same stuff, but all working towards one goal. Except for some humans of course. Anyway, with that being what I know it is. And the fact that all is literally one consciousness, and all if from the same starting point. To me it is without doubt that there is a God. That God, to me is existence, and the creation, or initial setting off there of. A good source, and a good/ bad material seem to be where we come from. Even if we step back further and say it is all a matter or chance, the probability of that chance is so seemingly minute that I personally must deduce that that chance is miraculous.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Thank you for your real, honest, hateless opinion. Sincerely,
Me

Everything is made up of the same stuff.. it's called elements. They get forged and extruded via stars.

I'm starting to see you were one of the types of people who thought or needed the order and answers existing for you. So you see this order and irrefutable yet it's very refutable with logically strong evidence. And sadly it always seems to be this grand view of humanity as so significant and other-worldly which is a faulty conclusion.

What is this goal you see all things but humans reaching toward? Why do you conclude there inert goals at all? Did you conclude that because it felt that way? There is no reason to have to fear no universal order or meaning.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
23-07-2015, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2015 12:05 PM by Free.)
(23-07-2015 11:20 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(23-07-2015 10:41 AM)Free Wrote:  Trust me please.

It is my experience that many theists who come here are not open to the possibility that their beliefs may in fact be incorrect. To most, it is simply unfathomable that there could even be a possibility that God may not actually exist.

Please bear with me while I explain something to you.

Over the history of mankind, literally thousands of gods were once thought to exist. As time progressed, and other religions surfaced, belief in those gods evaporated. Now let me demonstrate how similar you actually are to we atheists.

Of the thousands of gods that supposedly existed throughout history, you believe in only 1.

Of the thousands of gods that supposedly existed throughout history, we atheists believe in 0.

You and we atheists have already discounted literally thousands of gods, with only 1 god left separating us. The only difference between you and we atheists is that we simply have no belief in just 1 god less than you.

Therefore, since you have managed to apply skepticism to the existence of thousands of other gods in which you have no beliefs in regards to their existence, I feel that it would only be reasonable of you to stand back and examine the possibility that the 1 god you have left may also not exist.

I am not asking you to become an atheist. I am only asking you to be skeptical of the last remaining god. It's only 1 god in thousands, and the choice to be skeptical about that last remaining god is entirely in your hands.

Thumbsup
and all if from the same starting point. To me it is without doubt that there is a God. That God, to me is existence, and the creation, or initial setting off there of. A good source, and a good/ bad material seem to be where we come from. Even if we step back further and say it is all a matter or chance, the probability of that chance is so seemingly minute that I personally must deduce that that chance is miraculous.

You are not alone with believing that everything began with a singular starting point. Many renown scientists share this view also, with their understanding that it all began with a singularity we all know as The Big Bang.

Have you considered the possibility that there actually was never any origin at all to existence? Please allow me to explain.

When we, as humans, look at existence we tend to see things from an origin to its demise. For example, we are born, we live, then we die. A tree sprouts up, grows to maturity, and then falls back to the ground to be reclaimed by the earth. Even a rock on the ground changes with time, deteriorates, and becomes dust. Matter converts to energy, and now we know that energy can be converted to matter. Matter and energy are really just 2 sides of the same coin.

It may be possible that the accepted human point of view may be incorrect. Instead of things being created, they rather are always in a constant state of flux, forever changing and metamorphosing from one shape to the next. Matter is constantly breaking down, releasing its energy, and being recycled by nature into something else.

You may already be aware of this, but it is scientific fact that energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Yet there it is, in existence. How is this possible? How can something that can neither be created nor destroyed have an existence? It is neither born, nor dies. Isn't that fascinating?

Now here's the obvious question: if energy can neither be created nor destroyed, but exists nonetheless, then isn't it only reasonable it never had an origin? If it cannot be created, how then could it have an origin?

Isn't that an absolutely marvelous thing to contemplate? Here we have something that exists, yet was never created, and will never cease to exist.

What this may demonstrate to you is that perhaps existence is not what we perceive it to be, since our perceptions are the result of religious influences and other factors that have conditioned our perspectives to be limited to a beginning and an ending to all things.

If energy exists without being created, and will never not exist, how then can energy be eternal if the universe is finite, and had a beginning?

Do you see the paradox and the contradiction?

Therefore, continue questioning what your perceptions tell you, because perhaps not all is what it seems to be.

Thumbsup

Quote:Thank you for your real, honest, hateless opinion. Sincerely,
Me

I may be an atheist, but I love my children and all people in my life with the same kind of love you experience. I have no room for hatred of anyone. Life is too beautiful to waste on such a destructive emotion.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
23-07-2015, 12:09 PM
I don't think your hearing me right. I am a natural reserved thinker. I was the same as an atheist for the vast majority of my life. I have climbed out of that view. For me it is a personal evolution if you will. That's just me I guess. But the funny thing is that I experience completely unexplainable phenomena based in energy fluctuation, focus, and understanding. It is indeed explainable though. Truth/Faith. I sound arrogant but all praise is God's/existence. Just because you are comfortable in your atheist lifestyle(many are not) doesn't mean you are in complete alignment with good or creation. It is good, but it gets better. And on top of that it is completely benificial to all freakin existence. Sooo...I can't claim atheism to be the whole truth either. It is closer than some religions though(in some more positive forms).

Thanks again.
23-07-2015, 01:06 PM
(23-07-2015 11:20 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yeah, I can relate. I was atheist for over 20 years. The thing for me is when I step back and consider I see irrefutable evidence of all things being not only made of the same stuff, but all working towards one goal.

You keep saying that, but you neither support or explain it.

Quote:Except for some humans of course. Anyway, with that being what I know it is.

You believe, you do not know.

Quote:And the fact that all is literally one consciousness,

That has not been established as a fact.

Quote:and all if from the same starting point. To me it is without doubt that there is a God. That God, to me is existence, and the creation, or initial setting off there of. A good source, and a good/ bad material

What is good/bad material?

Quote:seem to be where we come from. Even if we step back further and say it is all a matter or chance, the probability of that chance is so seemingly minute that I personally must deduce that that chance is miraculous.

That seems much closer to the mark. With that, you could take joy in the very fact of existence without weighing down with a bunch of woo.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-07-2015, 01:25 PM
Chas,
I have tryed to explain it. If I attempted to go into any deeper descriptions you really would consider me crazy. Maybe that's part of it somehow. It cannot be shown completely through description. It can only be attained by Faith in Truth. The woo you speak of is the proof you seek. The phenomina are the proof as well. Knowing as opposed to believing is exactly what I'm talking about.

Good, bad material.
The darkness is bad.
The light is good. Those things out together by God make existence. My interpretation of the begining of the Torah. Still rough. Like I said I'm still learning too.
23-07-2015, 01:42 PM
You see, there are two primary forces to magic, Saidin and Saidar, the male and female halves. Once, both halves served the Light. Unfortunately, Shai'tan corrupted Saidin with the dark taint of evil, and...

...oh, no wait, sorry, that's The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson.

Facepalm

Carry on.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
23-07-2015, 01:47 PM
(23-07-2015 01:42 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  You see, there are two primary forces to magic, Saidin and Saidar, the male and female halves. Once, both halves served the Light. Unfortunately, Shai'tan corrupted Saidin with the dark taint of evil, and...

...oh, no wait, sorry, that's The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson.

Facepalm

Carry on.
I think pops is articulating some sort of Yoda-dude mythology.

[Image: ff553b54fbd9cd2b0fe4fe45433c2743.jpg]

[Image: 7ae475681d6fafcc84f0edd03e204c1e.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
23-07-2015, 02:05 PM
I wanted to become a Dudeist, but then I got to doin' some stuff... and got all stressed... so I had to chill... so I rolled a joint and poured myself a Caucasian.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post