Pretty cool how you attack... .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2015, 10:53 AM
RE: Pretty cool how you attack... .
(16-07-2015 01:38 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  the defenceless. Really stand up behavior. You won't lesten to the most simple of reasoning in your adamant disbelief. You are truly the nonbelievers. Your very limited fate awaits you Good luck with that. Really I hope y'all find salvation in simple obvious truth. You sure in the fuck won't ever find it in hatred and ignorance.

I have reviewed this thread and concluded that you are determined to hold on to your beliefs. I have noticed that like many theists who come here that you have endured a considerable amount of abuse by many of the posters here. That is entirely normal here, as we atheists also get that exact same kind of abuse when we venture on to theist forums.

From the atheist point of view, your defense of your position has been demonstrated to be entirely faith based. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but from the atheistic point of view you will need to understand that we view your faith as a belief system that has little or no actual evidence to support it.

For example, although science does not make the absolute positive claim that the Big Bang happened, science determines that it probably happened because there is evidence in existence that supports the effect of the Big Bang theory. This is observable evidence that, as of yet, does not seem to have any other plausible explanation.

However, your faith in intelligent design seems to exclude other more plausible explanations of how and why life and existence in general came to be. You look at the complexities of life and conclude that there can be no other explanation other than a God.

But there are indeed other more plausible explanations. Evolution, for example, demonstrates that over time simple life forms became more complex, and we can actually see this evolving complexity within the fossil records.

Often we will see proponents for intelligent design disputing evolution based upon their belief that we cannot see the evolutionary process as it happens. Aside from completely disregarding the fossil record which provides conclusive evidence of the evolutionary process, they fail to consider one simple thing:

All dogs are descendants of the wolf. Yet, here we have the ancient wolf still in existence, and we see many different dogs on the earth which demonstrates that through breeding we have completely different species of canines, and all came from the wolf.

You undoubtedly will go on to believe what you currently believe, for whatever reasons may be deeply etched into your psyche. There is no one here that can convince you to change your point of view, because the only one who can ever do that is yourself.

Good luck with your beliefs.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
24-07-2015, 11:06 AM
Free,
Big bang/ let there be light- check
Evolution/ the naturral desire of all things to be their best through life( except humans). The ability to change over time for the benifit of existence/ God- check.

Dogs are man made through cross breeding. Not natural phenomena.

As usual; your level headed approach is both easily understandable and very welcome. Thank you.
24-07-2015, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2015 12:09 PM by Free.)
(24-07-2015 11:06 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Free,

It's all still very theoretical. Although I believe a big bang did occur, I do not accept it as being the origin of existence. It is the infinite regression problem; what came before the big bang?

In my opinion, the Big Bang was just one of an infinite number of big bangs that occurred within an infinite universe. The universe was not created by the Big Bang, but rather the Big Bang occurred within an already existent universe, which is eternal in its existence.

Again, nothing has ever been created. Everything is merely in a constant state of flux.

Quote:Evolution/ the natural desire of all things to be their best through life( except humans). The ability to change over time for the benifit of existence/ God- check.

You conclude that God must be the answer at the exclusion of all other possibilities. The problem with your conclusion is that your premise is that God exists, and you use that premise to justify your conclusion. That is confirmation bias, which is a no-no in rational thinking.

All sentient life has an inert driving force to survive. From the moment sentient life first experienced pain, the development of a means to escape that pain resulted in the byproduct of the development of survival techniques. Through the development of these survival techniques, adaptations evolved to provide greater support for these survival techniques. We see this today in which some creatures camouflage themselves to hide from predators.

This is the natural evolution of life, and can observed, documented, and supported with evidence that does not indicate any kind of supreme being at work.

Quote:Dogs are man made through cross breeding. Not natural phenomena.

Today, cross breeding creates dogs. In ancient times, however, it was a natural process between different breeds of wolves, which themselves evolved into different breeds. Depending on what was consumed by the wolves, subtle changes would occur within the same breed. These subtle changes, based upon their eating habits, would have resulted in perhaps one wolf being slightly larger than another, or a slightly different tail, snout, etc. As time went by, and these different wolves bred, yet even more different breeds came into existence. All this happens due to the consumption of food and other natural variables, and is an excellent example of evolution at work.

It's the never ending cycle/recycle of life.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
24-07-2015, 12:46 PM
(24-07-2015 11:06 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Evolution/ the naturral desire of all things to be their best through life( except humans). The ability to change over time for the benifit of existence/ God- check.

That's possibly the most ridiculous characterization of evolution I've ever seen.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
24-07-2015, 02:39 PM
(24-07-2015 11:06 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Free,

Meaning that the authors of the Bible knew about the Big Bang? Consider

Quote:Evolution/ the naturral desire of all things to be their best through life( except humans).

That is not evolution. It is not even remotely close to evolution.

Quote:The ability to change over time for the benifit of existence/ God- check.

Dogs are man made through cross breeding. Not natural phenomena.

No, dogs are the result of selective breeding. The wolf was not crossed with any other species to create dogs.

And genetically, there is no functional difference between selective breeding (artificial selection) and natural selection.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-07-2015, 04:09 PM
They new about it, yeah. Obviously.

That is the exact definition of evolution. You just don't like how I worded it.

Yeah I guess you actually caught me on a technically with the whole dog, wolf thing. They are no doubt related, May have to back up to the genus or something. I say cross you say select, ok same thing sorta. Yeah, that's it.
I think.
24-07-2015, 04:12 PM
(24-07-2015 04:09 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  They new about it, yeah. Obviously.

Yeah I guess you actually caught me on a technically with the whole dog, wolf thing. They are no doubt related, May have to back up to the genus or something. I say cross you say select, ok same thing sorta. Yeah, that's it.
I think.

That's the way to sell it...

[Image: 82dbb.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
24-07-2015, 04:13 PM

I think.

*knew

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
24-07-2015, 04:25 PM
(24-07-2015 04:13 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  

I think.

*knew
Thanks
24-07-2015, 04:30 PM
(24-07-2015 04:13 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  

I think.

*knew

Vosur on vacation?

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Free's post