Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Pretty cool how you attack... .
(24-07-2015 04:30 PM)Free Wrote:  
(24-07-2015 04:13 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  *knew

Vosur on vacation?

Big Grin

Haven't seen him around here lately unless he is hiding in the shadows waiting to strike.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2015, 04:57 PM
(24-07-2015 04:13 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(24-07-2015 04:09 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  They new about it, yeah. Obviously.

That is the exact definition of evolution. You just don't like how I worded it.

Yeah I guess you actually caught me on a technically with the whole dog, wolf thing. They are no doubt related, May have to back up to the genus or something. I say cross you say select, ok same thing sorta. Yeah, that's it.
I think.

*knew

*technicality

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
24-07-2015, 05:24 PM
(24-07-2015 04:57 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(24-07-2015 04:13 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  *knew

*technicality
Damnit, thanks again.
24-07-2015, 05:34 PM
(22-07-2015 04:52 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I assure you, when they are damaged. They know it. This is obvious because they generally heal themselves. Also in an indirect fashion.

As I stated before they can't know. They lack the mind to understand. The plant reacts. There is a difference.

Let's use the human body as a comparison.

When a human cut's a body part. Our bodies reacts a number of different ways. For starts our nerve system shoots a electrical impulse to our brain warning us of harm. We then reacts with an "ouch" or "Owhee" we'll hold it in pain. Now, we can get a band-aid and help protect the damaged area. Our body will eventually heal it self. Depending on the damage it may leave a scar. The healing process will occur weather we "will" it or not.

A person that is infected with Leprosy for example, lack the ability to feel pain and thus loss of body parts happen if not caught. A person can "will" with all there might not to have leprosy. Or a person with leprosy can "will" themselves to regrow a body part. But it will in the end meet with the same results. Will power will only help to perseverance threw such a dramatic event. Not to change to coarse of of an even inflicted onto our body's.

Our hair grows without us willing it.

Our nails grow with out us willing it.

The plant reacts with out it willing it.

(22-07-2015 04:52 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yes, evolution is part of existence and part of everything. It can be considered adjustment to surroundings. Look at the Grand Canyon. It's part of the life cycle, kinda related to ice ages.

You lost me?

(22-07-2015 04:52 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Plants can change there will as long as it is guided by the right path. This indeed could be tested, but testing in the manner you describe may not be too conclusive. That's the problem with science. It assumes that it replicates real events in its tests. It doesn't really.

To come to this conclusion I would need to see some scientific backing.

Ask a Question.
Do Background Research.
Construct a hypothesis.
Test the Hypothesis by doing an experiment.
Analyze the data and form a conclusion.
Communicate results with peers

It's always important that an experiment to be a fair test. A "fair test" is when we factor in a variable and keep all other conditions the same.

(22-07-2015 04:52 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  This theory doesn't imply a brain. It implies that we are arrogant in our assumptions that life is definable only as we know it to be along strict emperialic lines.
It does not imply the ability to think on its own so much as that we are all connected through existence, and for the sake of good that this plant literally lives for, it can be altered.

Your hypothesis implies plants, rocks, empty space, and hydrogen molecules Etc. is conscience to being.

It's only arrogant for you to conclude that you know this assumption to be true. With out any outside definable proof. Without solid, testable proof. All we have at the end of the day is assertions without facts.

I willing to give you a chance. But you will need to use the scientific method to solidify your hypothesis.

I can not say that plants have a purpose of good. Here is a list of plants that are deadly to humans.

http://io9.com/5841540/10-of-the-worlds-...y-kill-you

And also a list of weeds that can kill large areas of plants. I would not call good. Good for the weed maybe. Good is always relative to the group describing it.

I can not deny that plants are alive. And have some ability to react to their surroundings. But to conclude,

(22-07-2015 04:52 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Does not all natural creation provide for itself?

Nope.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
24-07-2015, 06:27 PM
Commonsensei,
Just because they know in terms you don't understand doesn't mean they don't know.

I never said that a plant healed itself through conscious will power. You keep using humans as your comparative medium to desire if a plant has a conscious of some sort, it is easily assertained that it is nothing like our own conscious will that has little to do with our instinct in the first place. Conscious thought is different from instinctive will or direction.

Everything evolves or constantly, and subtly changes.

You don't need to break down the proccesses of a qualifiable experiment to me, thanks for tryin to help though.

Not really proof I guess but check this out.

A parasitic ameba can be compared to a world or galaxy.
It has a nucleus or earth.

It has a plyable, manipulatable membrane that works together or consciousness.

It's membrane reaches out from its center similar to civilizations or society.

It quests for energy to sustain its existence.

This quest advances the ameba into changing environments. These environments make the ameba change or evolve its entire being along with catastrophic events that the Ameba can't help. The amebas fight for survival and optimal performance through existence is its reason for existence, and its a whole tiny little galaxies or earth at least. The potential that parasitic amebas have to affect us is relative to our potential to affect our Universe.

For good or bad.

Pretty sure plants provide us with something we need to live. I could be mistaken though.

Yes, it is all connected. Even amebas will be usable for the benifit of all one day.
24-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Something about beating a dead horse.
24-07-2015, 06:44 PM
(24-07-2015 06:27 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Just because they know in terms you don't understand doesn't mean they don't know.

Quote:A parasitic ameba can be compared to a world or galaxy.

A door can be compared to a salmon, but it doesn't mean there's any real similarity.

Quote:It has a nucleus or earth.

Earth is not the nucleus of the galaxy.

Quote:It has a plyable, manipulatable membrane that works together or consciousness.

Saying the membrane "works together" is meaningless; together with what? And that has no connection to consciousness. Your claims are just nonsensical.

Quote:It's membrane reaches out from its center similar to civilizations or society.

The membrane doesn't reach out from the center, although I admit it has that in common with consciousness which doesn't "reach out from the center" either. How the holy fuck did we get from there to civilizations? Which random thought generator are you using to get this level of incoherency?

Quote:It quests for energy to sustain its existence.

Amoebas "quest" but only if you use the term loosely; it isn't a conscious process. Worlds and galaxies don't "quest" in any useful sense of the word.

Quote:This quest advances the ameba into changing environments. These environments make the ameba change or evolve its entire being along with catastrophic events that the Ameba can't help. The amebas fight for survival and optimal performance through existence is its reason for existence, and its a whole tiny little galaxies or earth at least. The potential that parasitic amebas have to affect us is relative to our potential to affect our Universe.

Deepak would be proud.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
24-07-2015, 06:50 PM
(24-07-2015 04:09 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  They new about it, yeah. Obviously.

That is the exact definition of evolution. You just don't like how I worded it.

The way you worded it was not even close to what it is.

Quote:Yeah I guess you actually caught me on a technically with the whole dog, wolf thing. They are no doubt related, May have to back up to the genus or something. I say cross you say select, ok same thing sorta. Yeah, that's it.
I think.

No, they are not the same thing at all.

Read a book - a science book.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-07-2015, 06:53 PM
(24-07-2015 06:27 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Commonsensei,
Just because they know in terms you don't understand doesn't mean they don't know.

I never said that a plant healed itself through conscious will power. You keep using humans as your comparative medium to desire if a plant has a conscious of some sort, it is easily assertained that it is nothing like our own conscious will that has little to do with our instinct in the first place. Conscious thought is different from instinctive will or direction.

Everything evolves or constantly, and subtly changes.

You don't need to break down the proccesses of a qualifiable experiment to me, thanks for tryin to help though.

Not really proof I guess but check this out.

A parasitic ameba can be compared to a world or galaxy.
It has a nucleus or earth.

It has a plyable, manipulatable membrane that works together or consciousness.

It's membrane reaches out from its center similar to civilizations or society.

It quests for energy to sustain its existence.

This quest advances the ameba into changing environments. These environments make the ameba change or evolve its entire being along with catastrophic events that the Ameba can't help. The amebas fight for survival and optimal performance through existence is its reason for existence, and its a whole tiny little galaxies or earth at least. The potential that parasitic amebas have to affect us is relative to our potential to affect our Universe.

For good or bad.

Pretty sure plants provide us with something we need to live. I could be mistaken though.

Yes, it is all connected. Even amebas will be usable for the benifit of all one day.

What a load of nonsense. Facepalm

An amoeba is not like a galaxy; your statements are ridiculous.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-07-2015, 06:57 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MjoMQJf5vKI

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post