Pretty sick of Bay Area Bastards

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2015, 01:27 PM
Pretty sick of Bay Area Bastards
Seems like everywhere you go on the internet these days a bunch of upper class richkids from the Bay Area in california are there to tell me that my skin colour and gender makes me a bad person.

The irony of being told to 'check my privilege' by someone who grew up in a 10 bedroom house and had their parents pay for expensive education they wasted on Gender Studies and Communications is really painful.

I was born to a homeless shelter, grew up on a counsel estate (government owned housing for poor people) and was unable to attend any form of advanced education. Among my friends are people who scrape shit off of the walls of sewers and people who are so poor they can't afford to buy enough food for their family so have to go to government food banks to get baked beans and bread for their children. Got white guys, black guys, Indians and even a Native American here on my street, all in the same struggle all with the same shit on top of us. The seem between the working class and the bottom of the shoe.
Then I have some rich, privileged American from San Francisco tell me I have 'white privilege' and 'hetero privilege' and 'male privilege', and anything I say to defend myself is automatically wrong because of my skin colour and my gender?
I don't remember my millionaire parents buying me a car, a house and a ridiculously expensive university education, bay area bastards.

Fuck off you sheltered, privileged, racist, sexist, classism-denying American oiks.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cetaceaphile's post
07-03-2015, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2015 01:49 PM by Brian37.)
RE: Pretty sick of Bay Area Bastards
Well I have a friend John from OK, was raised poor and at one point was religions. Has since left religion went from economic libertarian to economic liberal and is certainly a social liberal. I don't think it is wrong to say "check your privilege" is wrong depending on context. He is poor to this day and legally blind and will need some assistance always. He doesn't like that term. I say myself though "it depends on who as in the individual".

I think it is ok for example to say that to the Koch brothers and many people nationwide who don't understand or ignore that they are jaded. I do at the same time would say, it depends on the individual. I also would not go around saying "rich kids" always lack empathy.

If we are going to get past issues of race, religion and class, then the best thing to do is treat everyone as individuals. I would only argue that our current climate at the top is mostly jaded right now, even if not all.

I'd say to me anyone who cries about what they don't have when they have way more than they will ever need in a lifetime does need to "check their privilege". I will not for example, feel sorry for a billionaire who bitches about taxes or workers pay. That does not mean all billionaires think like that, but currently far too many do.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2015, 02:23 PM
(07-03-2015 01:27 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Seems like everywhere you go on the internet these days a bunch of upper class richkids from the Bay Area in california are there to tell me that my skin colour and gender makes me a bad person.

The irony of being told to 'check my privilege' by someone who grew up in a 10 bedroom house and had their parents pay for expensive education they wasted on Gender Studies and Communications is really painful.

I was born to a homeless shelter, grew up on a counsel estate (government owned housing for poor people) and was unable to attend any form of advanced education. Among my friends are people who scrape shit off of the walls of sewers and people who are so poor they can't afford to buy enough food for their family so have to go to government food banks to get baked beans and bread for their children. Got white guys, black guys, Indians and even a Native American here on my street, all in the same struggle all with the same shit on top of us. The seem between the working class and the bottom of the shoe.
Then I have some rich, privileged American from San Francisco tell me I have 'white privilege' and 'hetero privilege' and 'male privilege', and anything I say to defend myself is automatically wrong because of my skin colour and my gender?
I don't remember my millionaire parents buying me a car, a house and a ridiculously expensive university education, bay area bastards.

Fuck off you sheltered, privileged, racist, sexist, classism-denying American oiks.

I'm sorry what? The Bay Area is a total melting pot of all sorts of people of almost any ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural diversity and economically it's also diverse.

San Francisco is not the whole bay area. Yes, it has gotten expensive to own a home in The City, but there are still plenty of middle class people there who wouldn't trade it for anything.

I, for one, would trade the diversity of the bay area for the slack-jaw yokels I deal with here any day of the week.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-03-2015, 03:23 PM
You're just too white to see how privileged you are. There are starving kids in Africa who would love to scrape shit off walls, ya'know.
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
07-03-2015, 03:44 PM
(07-03-2015 02:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 01:27 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Seems like everywhere you go on the internet these days a bunch of upper class richkids from the Bay Area in california are there to tell me that my skin colour and gender makes me a bad person.

I'm sorry what? The Bay Area is a total melting pot of all sorts of people of almost any ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural diversity and economically it's also diverse.

San Francisco is not the whole bay area. Yes, it has gotten expensive to own a home in The City, but there are still plenty of middle class people there who wouldn't trade it for anything.

I, for one, would trade the diversity of the bay area for the slack-jaw yokels I deal with here any day of the week.

Don't see much of that diversity coming from the bay area on the internet. Just rich white kids telling everyone that being white and/or male is a sin.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
07-03-2015, 04:11 PM
(07-03-2015 02:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I, for one, would (n't?) trade the diversity of the bay area for the slack-jaw yokels I deal with here any day of the week.

There are worse yokels than the slackjawed variety! Tongue
[Image: hillbilly_man.jpg]
"Armed" I think they call 'em! Confused

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
07-03-2015, 04:14 PM
(07-03-2015 03:44 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 02:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm sorry what? The Bay Area is a total melting pot of all sorts of people of almost any ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural diversity and economically it's also diverse.

Don't see much of that diversity coming from the bay area on the internet. Just rich white kids telling everyone that being white and/or male is a sin.

How do you know these "white kids" even live there? How do you know anything really about them? You base your conclusions about an area that's home to millions of people because a few fuckwits on the Internet?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-03-2015, 04:24 PM
Well this thread is.....weird?
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
07-03-2015, 04:57 PM
(07-03-2015 04:24 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Well this thread is.....weird?

Not weird - whiny.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
08-03-2015, 05:10 PM
(07-03-2015 04:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 03:44 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Don't see much of that diversity coming from the bay area on the internet. Just rich white kids telling everyone that being white and/or male is a sin.

How do you know these "white kids" even live there? How do you know anything really about them? You base your conclusions about an area that's home to millions of people because a few fuckwits on the Internet?

It's not about them living there, but they do engage in the SJW culture which originated there and still had the headquarters in the area.

Insane bay area culture infiltrating and destroying everything they can. From Atheism to Occupy Movement to Gaming. Everywhere; they infiltrate and inject the whole thing with insanity and cause it to implode.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.