Pretty woman, the kind lobbyists like to meet.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2015, 05:57 AM
Pretty woman, the kind lobbyists like to meet.
And now for some Tar Heel goo from the GOP

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/02/27/...liticians/

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2015, 06:04 AM
RE: Pretty woman, the kind lobbyists like to meet.
Quote:North Carolina’s State Ethics Committee has just opened up a major problem for their state — they just made it legal for lobbying firms to purchase prostitutes to service politicians. The Committee’s determination that sex had no value and that sex between a lobbyist and politician was nothing to report or in any way questionable means that a major loophole has opened up for lobbying firms. Now lobbying firms can hire people with the explicit goal to seduce and fornicate with politicians in order to garner favor.

"We are here to serve"

Undecided
I wish you'd stop doing that, Brian.

Find all posts by this user
28-02-2015, 06:15 AM
From the letter they link to:
"However, a lobbyist or lobbyist principal’s provision of paid prostitution services by a third party to a designated individual could constitute a gift or thing of value, albeit an illegal one, depending on the particular facts."[1]

Ie the ruling is that lobbyists themselves are allowed to sleep with politicians, but not as a paid prostitution service.

[1] http://www.wral.com/asset/news/state/ncc...15-001.pdf

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
28-02-2015, 04:39 PM
(28-02-2015 06:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
Quote:North Carolina’s State Ethics Committee has just opened up a major problem for their state — they just made it legal for lobbying firms to purchase prostitutes to service politicians. The Committee’s determination that sex had no value and that sex between a lobbyist and politician was nothing to report or in any way questionable means that a major loophole has opened up for lobbying firms. Now lobbying firms can hire people with the explicit goal to seduce and fornicate with politicians in order to garner favor.

"We are here to serve"

Undecided

So these puritans condemn sex, yet replicate the tactics of Caligula.

Don't get me wrong, I am not for any type of payola sex involved or not. I am for regulated prostitution where consent is involved. But payola is payola and this is simply another form of exploitation. Republicans and religion are the biggest hypocrites.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
28-02-2015, 07:30 PM
(28-02-2015 04:39 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(28-02-2015 06:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  "We are here to serve"

Undecided

So these puritans condemn sex, yet replicate the tactics of Caligula.

Don't get me wrong, I am not for any type of payola sex involved or not. I am for regulated prostitution where consent is involved. But payola is payola and this is simply another form of exploitation. Republicans and religion are the biggest hypocrites.

He meant making a thread with just a hyperlink. Put at least a quote from the article.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
28-02-2015, 08:12 PM
(28-02-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(28-02-2015 04:39 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  So these puritans condemn sex, yet replicate the tactics of Caligula.

He meant making a thread with just a hyperlink. Put at least a quote from the article.

No - this is DLJ we're talking about. He meant quit dissing the honorable act of the gift of sex. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
28-02-2015, 11:53 PM
(28-02-2015 08:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-02-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  He meant making a thread with just a hyperlink. Put at least a quote from the article.

No - this is DLJ we're talking about. He meant quit dissing the honorable act of the gift of sex. Yes

Revs was right but ... yeah... that too.

Blush

But, Brian, I agree with you regarding the hypocrisy.

Yes

01-03-2015, 09:40 AM
I don't get the jump from "lobbyists can have sex with politicians" to "lobbyists can hire prostitutes".

Whomever wrote that link just made all that up.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post