Preventing Voter Fraud with Voter ID Laws

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2015, 02:59 PM
RE: Preventing Voter Fraud with Voter ID Laws
(01-10-2015 02:14 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 02:11 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  As a gun owner -- I'm still mystified why an NRA membership card could be used as ID....

It does NOT have a picture of the member on it....

Does it have your address?

It's been several years since I had one - but the last one didn't..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2015, 03:07 PM
(01-10-2015 02:59 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 02:14 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Does it have your address?

It's been several years since I had one - but the last one didn't..

That is because this has absolutely nothing to do with voter fraud (of which there have been all of 5 incidents of in the last 10 years) and all about voter suppression. They want every redneck gun toting moron to come vote republican but a student ID (which often does have a picture) is invalid because students tend to vote liberal and we can't have that.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
01-10-2015, 03:23 PM
(01-10-2015 03:07 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 02:59 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's been several years since I had one - but the last one didn't..

That is because this has absolutely nothing to do with voter fraud (of which there have been all of 5 incidents of in the last 10 years) and all about voter suppression. They want every redneck gun toting moron to come vote republican but a student ID (which often does have a picture) is invalid because students tend to vote liberal and we can't have that.

Huh??

Who said I'm in disagreement??

As far as rednecks being republican -- that all depends where you're from.....

Rednecks, like atheists don't all affiliate with the same party....

Isn't that called "stereotyping"???

My, my,..... I believe it is...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
01-10-2015, 03:27 PM
The article is a little misleading. It doesn't spell out everything else that is being cut as well in order to balance the Alabama budget. Also it seems administrative functions were supposed to be cut instead of services.

Quote:Lawmakers put language in the budget saying that it is the intent of the Legislature that state agencies cut administrative functions before they cut direct services.

ALEA's portion of the budget says it's the intent of the Legislature for driver license offices and state trooper posts to remain open. Orr said the language is non-binding.

Rep. Steve Clouse, R-Ozark, the House budget chairman, said that language was added to the budget because of the concerns of many lawmakers that driver license offices in rural areas would close.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/09...river_home

It is not that the state legislature is targeting blacks. It is that the government bureaucrats would rather cut services than their own jobs.
01-10-2015, 03:30 PM
(01-10-2015 03:27 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The article is a little misleading. It doesn't spell out everything else that is being cut as well in order to balance the Alabama budget. Also it seems administrative functions were supposed to be cut instead of services.

Quote:Lawmakers put language in the budget saying that it is the intent of the Legislature that state agencies cut administrative functions before they cut direct services.

ALEA's portion of the budget says it's the intent of the Legislature for driver license offices and state trooper posts to remain open. Orr said the language is non-binding.

Rep. Steve Clouse, R-Ozark, the House budget chairman, said that language was added to the budget because of the concerns of many lawmakers that driver license offices in rural areas would close.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/09...river_home

It is not that the state legislature is targeting blacks. It is that the government bureaucrats would rather cut services than their own jobs.

I'm sure that has some bearing on it -- but in this case I have to agree that the ( R ) camp is trying to do an end-run for votes at the expense of some people -- primarily poor people who don't have a picture I.D. - and tend to vote for whatever reason ( D )....

Dirty tricks, as par usual...
And both sides play 'em..

01-10-2015, 03:48 PM
(01-10-2015 03:23 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 03:07 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That is because this has absolutely nothing to do with voter fraud (of which there have been all of 5 incidents of in the last 10 years) and all about voter suppression. They want every redneck gun toting moron to come vote republican but a student ID (which often does have a picture) is invalid because students tend to vote liberal and we can't have that.

Huh??

I didn't say you were disagreeing just stating that the fact that an NRA card is acceptable and a Student ID badge is not show the game they are playing. As to gun owners being republicans the majority are, just as the majority of Students vote liberal. It is not 100% in either case but it is a majority both times.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
01-10-2015, 03:56 PM
As usual with Republicans who do not seem to have the ability to see past their nose and consider unanticipated consequences (cf. Satanists suing to have their monument placed on government property alongside the 10 commandments) this is going to backfire on them. The more they try to make it harder for minorities to vote the more determined the minorities will be to vote.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-10-2015, 05:25 PM
(01-10-2015 03:48 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 03:23 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Huh??

I didn't say you were disagreeing just stating that the fact that an NRA card is acceptable and a Student ID badge is not show the game they are playing. As to gun owners being republicans the majority are, just as the majority of Students vote liberal. It is not 100% in either case but it is a majority both times.

Prove that...... I'm calling "bullshit".

I say you're simply sterotyping....

I know a lot of gun owners - and they're equally ( D ) and ( R ) -- and more than a few Libertarians and plain old people who don't give a fuck about party politics.

01-10-2015, 06:49 PM
(01-10-2015 05:25 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 03:48 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I didn't say you were disagreeing just stating that the fact that an NRA card is acceptable and a Student ID badge is not show the game they are playing. As to gun owners being republicans the majority are, just as the majority of Students vote liberal. It is not 100% in either case but it is a majority both times.

Prove that...... I'm calling "bullshit".

I say you're simply sterotyping....

I know a lot of gun owners - and they're equally ( D ) and ( R ) -- and more than a few Libertarians and plain old people who don't give a fuck about party politics.

It's shifting more and more that way. And that is the motivators for republican areas that do the whole accept NRA not college IDs. Along with pushing rules like stopping same day/same week voter registration because that happens often at colleges.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/201...ouseholds/

[Image: 18fivethirtyeight-guns2-blog480.png]

[Image: Screen+Shot+2013-01-15+at+7.24.33+PM.png]

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
01-10-2015, 06:54 PM
(01-10-2015 06:49 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  [Image: Screen+Shot+2013-01-15+at+7.24.33+PM.png]

So between 2006 and 2010 all the 25-30 year olds starting selling their guns to the 85-90 year olds? Thanks, Obama.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post