Preventing Voter Fraud with Voter ID Laws

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2015, 11:25 PM
RE: Preventing Voter Fraud with Voter ID Laws
(01-10-2015 10:54 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 10:47 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  "any" might not be the case. Might have an ID that doesn't qualify for voting. Which is why it's silly a NRA Card(which by testimony of a person here and via pictures) has less information often than a College ID which have pictures unlike the NRA card, can count.
I know about NRA Card, I have one myself. I agree no NRA cards should be counted as ID.
(01-10-2015 10:47 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Plus, if you live in an urban environment and have no reason for a Drivers Licence you may work or go to school and have no "state id" because you don't need to go out of the way to get that or pay for it. So no, you are sometimes left with no ID qualifying for voting checkup.
If I want to become a student they won't ask me for ID card?

No you don't need an ID card to become a student. How silly is that, what ID's would they demand you have? You'll need your previous school/high school records which will have all the information they need. Class record, address, act/sat scores, shot records, etc. They don't need you to have any ID. In fact, after all that data is added to their system if you join the college, they give you an ID. So now you have an ID & a photo one at that for most colleges.

Not all poor people get government assistance and I don't know what qualifications are needed. Generally Government programs work with more direct data like SSN and wouldn't necessarily need an ID to check your secure status if they have a far more trustworthy point of data on you anyway.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2015, 05:47 AM
RE: Preventing Voter Fraud with Voter ID Laws
(01-10-2015 06:49 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 05:25 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Prove that...... I'm calling "bullshit".

I say you're simply sterotyping....

I know a lot of gun owners - and they're equally ( D ) and ( R ) -- and more than a few Libertarians and plain old people who don't give a fuck about party politics.

It's shifting more and more that way. And that is the motivators for republican areas that do the whole accept NRA not college IDs. Along with pushing rules like stopping same day/same week voter registration because that happens often at colleges.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/201...ouseholds/

[Image: 18fivethirtyeight-guns2-blog480.png]

[Image: Screen+Shot+2013-01-15+at+7.24.33+PM.png]

I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in those numbers.

There just isn't any info tracking of any kind to back it up. While you do have to indicate your race on a 4473 form (why, I have no idea) *-- you don't have to put your political party affiliation.

Any data the Pew people came up with is strictly hearsay and assumptions.

* a 4473 form is the federal form filled out when purchasing a gun from a licensed dealer.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply