RE: Pride aside...Jennifer Fulwiler
What the hell is doing here? Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
22-05-2014, 05:12 PM
(22-05-2014 05:10 PM)John Wrote:  Transcript:

#1: Looks at baby, can't believe love is just chemicals in her brain.
#2: Tediously long rambling of post hoc rationalizations
#3: Praise the Lord!

Thanks for saving me five minutes and twenty-four seconds. Thumbsup

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
22-05-2014, 05:14 PM
[Image: 482d3e194e1b8f307feed57dcb1b02b6.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 3 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
22-05-2014, 05:23 PM
(22-05-2014 04:05 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Since some of you have demonstrated a proclivity for utilizing audio-visual resources for topics of discussion and to communicate your views, I present a video that is five minutes and twenty-six seconds in duration for those who are interested to view at your leisure.

Pffffft. I was raised in an atheist family. Everyone in my family is atheist with the exception of my sister. When she was about 26 she became a Lutheran and not long after that became one of the most intolerant people I've known. Fast forward 30 years later, I and the rest of my family are still atheists with the exception of my sister. My sister hasn't spoken to me in 6 years, hasn't spoken to her only child in 15 years, divorced her husband (one of the nicest people I've ever known) has for the most part rejected my brothers and did as little as possible to care for our parents when they needed help. My atheist brothers, myself and my atheist husband were the ones who took care of my parents before they died. She was busy praying in church.

And may I also add that as a mother of two kids, when I looked at my new born children with adoration and love and tenderness, yes- it came from the neurons and chemicals in my brain. So? Why do people have such a problem with that. I think it's wonderful that our brains chemistry has evolved to produce those emotions. It doesn't mean that "god did it". Yes, this is another one of those "god did it" things Christians trot out. If it's amazing, whether it's the solar system or the neurons in our brain then god had to have something to do with it.
No Jeremy, it's evolution. It doesn't mean it's not wonderful, but it's still evolution.

Honey, you don't understand atheists do you? The one thing that most atheists have in common is that we are endlessly curious about everything. History, science, music, and the arts. We wonder "how, why, when, where, who and how" and apply that to the world. We want the truth based on reality and won't settle for anything else. We refuse to view the world through rose colored glasses and have the great courage, and it does take tremendous courage, to see things as they really are, with 20 20 vision.

My dear, you won't convert anyone here. Accept it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 8 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-05-2014, 05:57 PM
(22-05-2014 04:05 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Since some of you have demonstrated a proclivity for utilizing audio-visual resources for topics of discussion and to communicate your views, I present a video that is five minutes and twenty-six seconds in duration for those who are interested to view at your leisure.

Videos posted by others were for providing information to address a point and you refused to watch them. You've simply posted one here because they did. Not the same and ridiculous besides. This strikes me as nothing more than "You want me to watch yours so here, watch mine."

Grow up. Rolleyes

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
22-05-2014, 05:59 PM
(22-05-2014 05:23 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

Pffffft. I was raised in an atheist family. Everyone in my family is atheist with the exception of my sister. When she was about 26 she became a Lutheran and not long after that became one of the most intolerant people I've known. Fast forward 30 years later, I and the rest of my family are still atheists with the exception of my sister. My sister hasn't spoken to me in 6 years, hasn't spoken to her only child in 15 years, divorced her husband (one of the nicest people I've ever known) has for the most part rejected my brothers and did as little as possible to care for our parents when they needed help. My atheist brothers, myself and my atheist husband were the ones who took care of my parents before they died. She was busy praying in church.

And may I also add that as a mother of two kids, when I looked at my new born children with adoration and love and tenderness, yes- it came from the neurons and chemicals in my brain. So? Why do people have such a problem with that. I think it's wonderful that our brains chemistry has evolved to produce those emotions. It doesn't mean that "god did it". Yes, this is another one of those "god did it" things Christians trot out. If it's amazing, whether it's the solar system or the neurons in our brain then god had to have something to do with it.
No Jeremy, it's evolution. It doesn't mean it's not wonderful, but it's still evolution.

Honey, you don't understand atheists do you? The one thing that most atheists have in common is that we are endlessly curious about everything. History, science, music, and the arts. We wonder "how, why, when, where, who and how" and apply that to the world. We want the truth based on reality and won't settle for anything else. We refuse to view the world through rose colored glasses and have the great courage, and it does take tremendous courage, to see things as they really are, with 20 20 vision.

My dear, you won't convert anyone here. Accept it.

You think too highly of yourself if you think I am here trying to convert you or anyone else, something I have already stated I am not able to do even if I wanted to.

I do not want you to do anything you do not want to do. This video is one I saw that I felt like posting.

Fair enough?
[+] 1 user Likes Jeremy E Walker's post
22-05-2014, 06:01 PM
(22-05-2014 05:57 PM)Impulse Wrote:  

Videos posted by others were for providing information to address a point and you refused to watch them. You've simply posted one here because they did. Not the same and ridiculous besides. This strikes me as nothing more than "You want me to watch yours so here, watch mine."

Grow up. Rolleyes

As I stated to the woman, I do not want you to do anything you are uncomfortable doing. I do not want you to do anything you do not want to do.

The video was one that I saw and felt like posting. If I see more I will post them. You may not watch them but somebody may. You are not the only member or visitor to this forum.

I have a right as a member of this forum to post videos. And no, you do not have to respect that if you decide not to. Fair enough?
[+] 1 user Likes Jeremy E Walker's post
22-05-2014, 06:03 PM
(22-05-2014 05:59 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Fair enough?

Fair enough.

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 1 user Likes John's post
22-05-2014, 06:04 PM
(22-05-2014 06:03 PM)John Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 05:59 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Fair enough?

Fair enough.

Hug
[+] 2 users Like Jeremy E Walker's post
22-05-2014, 06:15 PM
(22-05-2014 06:01 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Fair enough?

fair
1 [fair] Show IPA
adjective, fair·er, fair·est.
1. free from bias, dishonesty, or injustice: a fair decision; a fair judge.
2. legitimately sought, pursued, done, given, etc.; proper under the rules: a fair fight.
3. moderately large; ample: a fair income.
4. neither excellent nor poor; moderately or tolerably good: fair health.
5. marked by favoring conditions; likely; promising: in a fair way to succeed.

The shoe doesn't fit. Drinking Beverage

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post