Priest Compares Adultery to Paedophilia

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-04-2016, 03:55 AM
Priest Compares Adultery to Paedophilia
This ludicrous claim was made by a Catholic priest, Father Bill Edebohls, in Melbourne, Australia today:

Parents shocked as priest compares adultery to paedophilia.

[Image: 1460619024870.png]

"The priest's homily went on to say: 'That does not mean there is no condemnation of the sin, no punishment or consequences for the perpetrator or an institution that protected him. But it does mean justice with mercy'. One parent said it was abhorrent to compare a crime like paedophilia with a moral issue like adultery.

Dr Bernard Barrett, a researcher at paedophile victims' support group Broken Rites, said Edebohls' comments downplayed serious crimes. He said the Royal Commission is investigating crimes, not sins.

So what this nasty god-botherer is saying in effect is that we should be treating paedophiles as relatively lightly as we treat a woman who chooses to play away from home. What next: comparing paedophilia with parking tickets?

This is just another example—of the many—that illustrate just how appallingly out of touch the Catholic church is with the ethics and morals of an enlightened 21st century.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2016, 04:12 AM
RE: Priest Compares Adultery to Paedophilia
(14-04-2016 03:55 AM)SYZ Wrote:  This ludicrous claim was made by a Catholic priest, Father Bill Edebohls, in Melbourne, Australia today:

Parents shocked as priest compares adultery to paedophilia.

[Image: 1460619024870.png]

"The priest's homily went on to say: 'That does not mean there is no condemnation of the sin, no punishment or consequences for the perpetrator or an institution that protected him. But it does mean justice with mercy'. One parent said it was abhorrent to compare a crime like paedophilia with a moral issue like adultery.

Dr Bernard Barrett, a researcher at paedophile victims' support group Broken Rites, said Edebohls' comments downplayed serious crimes. He said the Royal Commission is investigating crimes, not sins.

So what this nasty god-botherer is saying in effect is that we should be treating paedophiles as relatively lightly as we treat a woman who chooses to play away from home. What next: comparing paedophilia with parking tickets?

This is just another example—of the many—that illustrate just how appallingly out of touch the Catholic church is with the ethics and morals of an enlightened 21st century.

But I mean, really, is it any surprise that they have no grasp of the concept of consent? A mean, in a proper traditional Catholic marriage, the woman's consent is not needed before the fucking commences; she is her husband's property after all. So if men have such dominion over their wives, is it any wonder that they'd judge such an affront as a woman sleeping outside of marriage (and exercising her own will) as comparable to child rape? I mean, the woman is defying a man after all, and he never gave her consent to do that. Neither the will nor desire of the women or children have any meaning, only the sexual gratification of the men is important. When that authority is challenged (by adultery or charges of pedophilia), that places them both in the same wheelhouse; as equal affronts to male authority.

I don't normally wish anal rape against someone, but some people just need to become intimately familiar with gasoline powered dildos one way or another (preferable to the chant of "how do you like it now?"). All for the greater good of course.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
14-04-2016, 06:10 AM
(14-04-2016 04:12 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [...] A mean, in a proper traditional Catholic marriage, the woman's consent is not needed before the fucking commences; she is her husband's property after all. So if men have such dominion over their wives, is it any wonder that they'd judge such an affront as a woman sleeping outside of marriage (and exercising her own will) as comparable to child rape? [...]

It's interesting that this double-dealing, religious suckhole didn't make any comparisons with the fact that males—husbands—are even more likely to be philanderers than women. Why not? Because you're correct in saying that the Catholic church is a Dark Ages, paternalistic organisation wherein females are seen as male "possessions" to be seen but not heard.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
14-04-2016, 07:05 AM
What is to be expected from the representative of a thoroughly discredited organisation that repeatedly tried to cover up or play down the evidence of child abuse by priests and nuns?

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
14-04-2016, 10:35 AM
How inept do you have to be to put this ridiculous shit together? I mean he *wrote this down*. At no point did he think "this might blow up in my face when I publish it"?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-04-2016, 05:55 PM
(14-04-2016 10:35 AM)morondog Wrote:  How inept do you have to be to put this ridiculous shit together? I mean he *wrote this down*. At no point did he think "this might blow up in my face when I publish it"?

Why would he? Self reflection is unnecessary when you're god's representative on Earth. Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post