Priest Poisons Congregation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2017, 12:01 AM
RE: Priest Poisons Congregation
These people are in DIRE need of a good education.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2017, 12:34 AM
(16-02-2017 12:01 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  These people are in DIRE need of a good education.

"Don't trust religious leaders about stuff that you can't test."

.... er, wait, the problem is that they DID put it to the test.

"Don't trust religion."

THERE we go.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
16-02-2017, 12:55 AM
Have you not heard of the prophet of Doom?

Doom is a brand of insecticide here... This joker decided it had some mystical significance and sprayed his congregation with it. Fuck the media had a field day. It was laugh a minute. At least he didn't kill anyone.

If you wanna see real fucked up shit in the name of religion, Africa's where it's at.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
16-02-2017, 05:34 AM
Now hold on -- don't go condemning the poor priest.

If we could get more of them to perform this ritual - we'd have the religion problem solved in a few years..........

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
16-02-2017, 05:46 AM
(16-02-2017 05:34 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Now hold on -- don't go condemning the poor priest.

If we could get more of them to perform this ritual - we'd have the religion problem solved in a few years..........

Wink

They HATE natural selection though Consider

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-02-2017, 05:48 AM
(16-02-2017 05:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-02-2017 05:34 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Now hold on -- don't go condemning the poor priest.

Wink

They HATE natural selection though Consider

Ironic, isn't it??

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
16-02-2017, 07:58 AM
Maybe they'll come back to life is someone claps hard enough.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
16-02-2017, 11:17 AM
(15-02-2017 09:24 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(15-02-2017 09:00 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  See Jenny, you're one of the more sneaky ones (and I mean that in a complimentary manner, because it's unintentional and not malicious in the slightest, but born out of compassion, so sneaky probably isn't the word I'm looking for); unlike say Muffs going "why the fuck believe that?" or something, it's like, "No I get it, but here, let me phrase things so reasonably and nicely and ever so reasonably and nicely point out the holes in the argument." Laugh out load

All that said, yes, you would get it as a former Christian and following the slippery slope downhill! And I have, as well, to an extent, from American Baptist to Catholic, based on things like the understanding of John 6 and was Christ using literary device, or was He being literal? Who actually compiled the Bible and still was connected to those people who did? From my own understanding and review of pro and con apologetics, who seems to be closest to what's in the Bible? Etc. Of course, that ignores the much more slippery slope of the fact it begins with a prepositional view that the Bible is true.

Also, that wonderful second paragraph? Something I struggle with, especially doing a once a day Bible reading thing. As Saint Paul says, in 1 Corinthians, God is not the author of confusion, but of peace. But boy does His book get confusing and boring at times. Or the Barna Group is wrong about the whole 40,000+ denominations thing. But somehow doubting that.

(Now, I feel an urge to go hold a crucifix up to Bart Ehrman's work and yell, "Get behind me Satan"...just kidding.)

You seriously need a good Bible Commentary as a companion to the Bible. There's no way you can attempt to understand it on your own. That's another thing to ponder. The Bible is extremely difficult to understand on its own due to all of the cultural and historical references.

The Bible also needed to be translated and retranslated into a variety of different languages after God's meltdown at the Tower of Babel and his whole confounding of languages thing. Why do this if you want people to know you as a magical being and heed your word?

Fair point on historical context and such, and been looking for one, since this is just a day by day Catholic study Bible. And true on the translations and such, though one would have to believe in a literal Tower of Babel for that point to an extent. But also fair enough. My personal favorite oops moment on errors of people who are translating, retranslating, and copying the Bible over the years is the Wicked Bible from the 17th century, where they accidentally said, "Thou shalt commit adultery".

Sorry to sort of divert from non-denom "priest" deciding to poison everyone!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
16-02-2017, 11:27 AM
(16-02-2017 11:17 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(15-02-2017 09:24 PM)jennybee Wrote:  You seriously need a good Bible Commentary as a companion to the Bible. There's no way you can attempt to understand it on your own. That's another thing to ponder. The Bible is extremely difficult to understand on its own due to all of the cultural and historical references.

The Bible also needed to be translated and retranslated into a variety of different languages after God's meltdown at the Tower of Babel and his whole confounding of languages thing. Why do this if you want people to know you as a magical being and heed your word?

Fair point on historical context and such, and been looking for one, since this is just a day by day Catholic study Bible. And true on the translations and such, though one would have to believe in a literal Tower of Babel for that point to an extent. But also fair enough. My personal favorite oops moment on errors of people who are translating, retranslating, and copying the Bible over the years is the Wicked Bible from the 17th century, where they accidentally said, "Thou shalt commit adultery".

The IVP bible commentaries are really good. Written by scholars and I think one or two of the authors are Christians, but they focus on the facts without woo.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
16-02-2017, 11:48 AM
(16-02-2017 11:27 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(16-02-2017 11:17 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Fair point on historical context and such, and been looking for one, since this is just a day by day Catholic study Bible. And true on the translations and such, though one would have to believe in a literal Tower of Babel for that point to an extent. But also fair enough. My personal favorite oops moment on errors of people who are translating, retranslating, and copying the Bible over the years is the Wicked Bible from the 17th century, where they accidentally said, "Thou shalt commit adultery".

The IVP bible commentaries are really good. Written by scholars and I think one or two of the authors are Christians, but they focus on the facts without woo.

Will look into it, thanks for the recommendation! Thumbsup

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post