Priest killer...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2012, 01:10 AM
Priest killer...
Interesting article today... A little background first, in one of the small towns in Croatia there lived a strange priest, a biker with a big Honda motor, long hear and beard... A bit strange and modern for our standards here, but I really liked this modern type of Catholic priests. Makes him look and feel more human, more normal.

[Image: sinanovi__ivan_sve_489484S1.jpg]

I mean a guy with a cool bike as this can not be a bad person right?

I first heard of him a few years ago when an article came out about how he wanted to build a cemetery near his church and sell the graves for some cheap ass prices, so that the poor people can afford the burial easier. Then a local officials stepped in and started suing him (or something) because they knew that the comercial value of those new graves is much higher, so they wanted to make more money and didn't want him to be normal, like a priest is suppose to. I that article the priest Don Ivan Sinanovic stated how someone has killed his dog some time ago...

[Image: sinanovic2_489490S0.jpg]

I mean, he really can't be a bad person, a bike like that, a dog like that, trying to help poor people...

Until today when a huge article came out about him and a local official (some guy from mayors office, don't know the exact title, but nothing too important) came to his house (rectory) at 2 AM and they started verbal fighting, which transferred to physical fist fight and ended up with priest killing this guy barehanded, smacking his head in the floor and on the walls of his rectory.

The details about why this happened remain a mystery, but people suspect it has something to do with land and the wishes of the priest against the wishes of the local mayors office.

They were both soldiers in a Croatian war 20 years ago, they both had PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder)...

Imagine that, ha...

What are your thoughts on this?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2012, 01:56 AM
RE: Priest killer...
The guy came to his house at 2 am? Who makes a house call at 2 am? That alone tells me there's something dodgy in this story. It's hard to judge based on the information though. For all I know he murdered the man in cold blood, or was acting in self-defense and it was an accident. Maybe one (or both) were drunk at that hour.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
23-05-2012, 01:59 AM
Allegedly, the priest did not drink, but this other guy did. That also explains his visit at 2 AM...

-Hunter S. Thompson
23-05-2012, 02:07 AM
It sounds like he was trying to do the right thing by the less fortunate people.

I hope it turns out it was in self-defense and he gets off but if the government's involved I'm not so sure that things will turn out all right for him No Sad really.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
23-05-2012, 10:10 AM
I don't know him or the other guy. But I have to say that just because someone does good things and has good intentions and is generally a good person, does not mean they are incapable of killing someone.

I mean given the right situation anyone could kill another human being. The situation might have to be different but everyone has a line. Most people require a fight or flight situation. It sounds like this might have been the case here. The guy wasn't a Buddhist monk or anything, trained in the art of patience and tranquility. Even those guys are trained to kill you but they have a higher line to reach first I think.

Me, well my line ain't so high. My line for complete planet wide devastation is high though. I wouldn't judge this guy too harshly without knowing all of the facts at hand. If it turns out he just wanted to kill the guy for shits and giglgles, then I think it's safe to say he was a bad guy and he should feel bad.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Here it is... found it in arabtimesonline.com

Catholic priest arrested: Police in Croatia on Tuesday arrested a Catholic priest on suspicion of beating to death a local politician in a row over a cemetery, media reports said.

Officials said they had detained a 43- year-old man at a church property in the village of Banici, near the southern Adriatic town of Dubrovnik, where the battered body of a 49-year-old man was found following an attack in the early hours.

A police spokeswoman did not elaborate on the identity of the detained man, but national television identified him as priest Ivan Sinanovic and the victim as head of the local town hall Marko Kraljevic.

_________

That's all it said. They must be investigating and can't release further details, yet. Very sad for this priest, but what could be someone's business going to anyone's house at 2am?

Very strange. Confused

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
23-05-2012, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2012 11:49 PM by Filox.)
Here is more news...

First a bit about the priest and he was doing 20 years ago...

He was in Croatian army, but not just any soldier, he was in Special forces, Scouting & Diversionist (commando) unit. His job included sneaking behind enemy lines and silently killing them with knives and bare hands. He acted in the most hostile parts of Croatia during the war, mostly behind enemy lines, with small units of commandos. A priest? More like a fucking Grammaton Cleric.

This other guy was regular army at that time, no special training. That faithful day he was on a local party, after it he went to a local bar to drink some more, where some of his friends were jerking him about the priest and their former arguments that they had. This all got him very angry, so he decided that he will go and pay a visit to the priest at 2 AM.

The priest had his cousin and her small child in his home, they were there to visit him. So at 2 AM a drunk fool decides to go and have an argument with a fucking Grammaton Cleric and he starts bashing his door, breaking them and there we have it.

If this was in America, it would be a clear case of trespassing, breaking and entering and self-defence with protecting of your family (of family members). Unfortunately, here we have a bit different laws, but he can walk away free as well. No weapons were involved, so it was all in "honourable duel" style.

Also, everybody are saying that this politician guy killed priest's dog a few years ago. That is reason enough to break him in half like Bane did to Batman.

When the police came he waited them peacefully, gave them his hands to tie him and told them that he had to do it, or he would be dead now.

You DO NOT fuck around with ex-commandos, that are now clerics! The rage inside them burns bright forever, only their position keeps them in check.

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
23-05-2012, 11:52 PM
(23-05-2012 11:45 PM)Filox Wrote:  Here is more news...

First a bit about the priest and he was doing 20 years ago...

He was in Croatian army, but not just any soldier, he was in Special forces, Scouting & Diversionist (commando) unit. His job included sneaking behind enemy lines and silently killing them with knives and bare hands. He acted in the most hostile parts of Croatia during the war, mostly behind enemy lines, with small units of commandos. A priest? More like a fucking Grammaton Cleric.

This other guy was regular army at that time, no special training. That faithful day he was on a local party, after it he went to a local bar to drink some more, where some of his friends were jerking him about the priest and their former arguments that they had. This all got him very angry, so he decided that he will go and pay a visit to the priest at 2 AM.

The priest had his cousin and her small child in his home, they were there to visit him. So at 2 AM a drunk fool decides to go and have an argument with a fucking Grammaton Cleric and he starts bashing his door, breaking them and there we have it.

If this was in America, it would be a clear case of trespassing, breaking and entering and self-defence with protecting of your family (of family members). Unfortunately, here we have a bit different laws, but he can walk away free as well. No weapons were involved, so it was all in "honourable duel" style.

Also, everybody are saying that this politician guy killed priest's dog a few years ago. That is reason enough to break him in half like Bane did to Batman.

When the police came he waited them peacefully, gave them his hands to tie him and told them that he had to do it, or he would be dead now.

You DO NOT fuck around with ex-commandos, that are now clerics! The rage inside them burns bright forever, only their position keeps them in check.
Wow! That's what you get when you mess with a guy like that! I mean, what was he thinking? Not the sharpest tool in the shed, I'd say.

Dodgy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
24-05-2012, 12:07 AM
Man, what a fool! If you know the guy's former position as a special forces agent, you are foolish to try any kind of aggression... especially in the middle of the night!! Confused Drunken idiot. And he's rumored to have killed the priest's dog a year earlier? That cute boxer dog? That makes me mad - that was a poor innocent dog. Angry

I think the Priest will get off. But then again, I don't know the laws there.

He looks like a pretty groovy guy... for a Priest. He even has an earring. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
24-05-2012, 12:12 AM
If all the priests were like him, I'd be a raging Catholic. Pure and simple. We'd all be riding bikes and praying to Jesus, while listening to hard rock and training martial arts.

Anyway, do you see how alcohol is killing people? If he was stoned, he wouldn't get his head bashed against the floor and wall. He also wouldn't have killed that cute dog a few years earlier.

I hope that the priest will go free, but the Church has already fired him, so there is no way he will get his job back, he did kill a man after all.

I will inform you how things develop when new info arises.

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post