Primary School Head Phones God (UK)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2015, 10:21 PM
Primary School Head Phones God (UK)
Quote:Claims that a primary school head made pupils lie on the floor while she "phoned God" are being investigated by Wiltshire Council.
Sheila Jones, head of St Joseph's Roman Catholic Primary, Devizes, is said to have pretended to tell God the children had been naughty.
The investigation follows complaints from parents to Ofsted and to governors at the academy school.
Wiltshire Council said it was "looking at the concerns raised".
Distressed
It has confirmed that its safeguarding team is investigating a number of complaints raised by parents.
The parents had claimed their children were quiet and distressed after the punishment in the school's prayer room which is said to have involved pupils being forced to lie face down on the floor while the head told them she was going to phone God on her mobile phone to say they had been naughty.
"The information provided raised concerns about the safety of the children," said Ofsted in a letter responding to parents.
"Ofsted has shared your concerns with the local authority so they can progress these safeguarding concerns as they consider appropriate."
The school's website says the school aims to instil "timeless values in God's ever-changing world, where every child will fulfil their potential".
In a welcome message on the website, Ms Jones says she moved to the area 20 years ago, sent her four daughters to the school and was also a teacher and governor there before having "the very great privilege" of being head.
Governors at the academy school, which is outside local authority control, have directed inquiries on the matter to Wiltshire Council during the inquiry.

Source: BBC News

Angry

I am reminded that people can always surprise me with their idiocy.....

I Think; Therefore I Am....
...or is it the other way around?
[Image: b.gif]
Bunny's Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like costabunny's post
14-03-2015, 10:28 PM
RE: Primary School Head Phones God (UK)
(14-03-2015 10:21 PM)costabunny Wrote:  
Quote:Claims that a primary school head made pupils lie on the floor while she "phoned God" are being investigated by Wiltshire Council.
Sheila Jones, head of St Joseph's Roman Catholic Primary, Devizes, is said to have pretended to tell God the children had been naughty.
The investigation follows complaints from parents to Ofsted and to governors at the academy school.
Wiltshire Council said it was "looking at the concerns raised".
Distressed
It has confirmed that its safeguarding team is investigating a number of complaints raised by parents.
The parents had claimed their children were quiet and distressed after the punishment in the school's prayer room which is said to have involved pupils being forced to lie face down on the floor while the head told them she was going to phone God on her mobile phone to say they had been naughty.
"The information provided raised concerns about the safety of the children," said Ofsted in a letter responding to parents.
"Ofsted has shared your concerns with the local authority so they can progress these safeguarding concerns as they consider appropriate."
The school's website says the school aims to instil "timeless values in God's ever-changing world, where every child will fulfil their potential".
In a welcome message on the website, Ms Jones says she moved to the area 20 years ago, sent her four daughters to the school and was also a teacher and governor there before having "the very great privilege" of being head.
Governors at the academy school, which is outside local authority control, have directed inquiries on the matter to Wiltshire Council during the inquiry.

Source: BBC News

Angry

I am reminded that people can always surprise me with their idiocy.....

Just when you thought you've heard it all...
Find all posts by this user
15-03-2015, 12:01 AM
UK has pretty good phone coverage if it can reach heaven. Must be a high phone bill though to have intergalactic calling. Wonder if God texts too. Consider

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
15-03-2015, 12:46 AM
(15-03-2015 12:01 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  UK has pretty good phone coverage if it can reach heaven. Must be a high phone bill though to have intergalactic calling. Wonder if God texts too. Consider

A friend of mine gets texts from god each day. Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-03-2015, 01:22 AM
(15-03-2015 12:46 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-03-2015 12:01 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  UK has pretty good phone coverage if it can reach heaven. Must be a high phone bill though to have intergalactic calling. Wonder if God texts too. Consider

[Image: texting+god.png]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
15-03-2015, 02:05 AM
This thing...

1. She's at a Christian school OK, so the kids are gonna mostly believe in God 'cos their parents are fucking nuts already. So she's deliberately scaring the shit outta them.

2. God needs to be *told* about kids behaving badly? Huh. Funny old thing there...

3. She *pretends* to contact God? Why doesn't she y'know *actually* do so? 'Cos he's not gonna answer? Lack of faith is a bit disturbing.

4. Headmistress is gonna claim to have a direct line to God in the future?

5. She's setting supposedly loving God up as some kinda bogeyman... thanks for creating the next generation of sceptics, idiot Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
15-03-2015, 02:17 AM
Perhaps she could tap out morse code to god - by beating her head on the wall.....

That'd make more sense. And even if it doesn't - it'd be more amusing to watch...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
15-03-2015, 02:59 AM
I guess those kids haven't gotten the lecture on God's omniscience yet, because then they'd realize that their teacher's cell-phone is rather superfluous in the greater scope of things.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
15-03-2015, 06:13 AM
Sounds like threatening your child with "Santa is watching you" from about the first of November through till Christmas.

Except that you do actually have some say over what Santa does or does not deliver.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-03-2015, 09:21 AM
(15-03-2015 12:46 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

I know this is your friend Moms, but geesh......Frusty

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.