Primate Fact of the Day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2015, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2015 06:54 AM by ghostexorcist.)
Primate Fact of the Day
I recently started posting small snippets of info about primates called "Primate Fact of the Day" on my facebook page. I don't know if I'll post something every single day, but I'll try to keep this up provided I have time and continued interest. Here are the two I've already posted.

1) Spider Monkeys are sad that they can't give thumbs up because they don't have any.

[Image: D5FdyG.jpg]

2) Marmoset monkeys would be popular on Maury Povich because offspring can have DNA from more than one father.

[Image: 7ENHVu.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 13 users Like ghostexorcist's post
06-11-2015, 06:54 AM
RE: Primate Fact of the Day
(06-11-2015 06:50 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I recently started posting small snippets of info about primates called "Primate Fact of the Day" on my facebook page. I don't know if I'll post something every single day, but I'll try to keep this up given I have time and interest. Here are the two I've already posted.

1) Spider Monkeys are sad that they can't give thumbs up because they don't have any.

2) Marmoset monkeys would be popular on Maury Povich because offspring can have DNA from more than one father.

quite interesting...hope you keep up Smile

1 Like = 1 Prayer
06-11-2015, 07:00 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2015 07:03 AM by DLJ.)
Would this sit better in the Science section?

(Before I opened the thread, I thought it might belong in the Religion section ... I thought it might be a "bash a bishop" type of thread

Afterthought ... of course, primates are primates so why not both).

Find all posts by this user
06-11-2015, 07:03 AM
(06-11-2015 07:00 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Would this sit better in the Science section?

(Before I opened the thread, I thought it might belong in the Religion section ... I thought it might be a "bash a bishop" type of thread

Afterthought ... of course, primates are primates so why not both).

Mods are free to move it if they like.
06-11-2015, 07:24 AM
Thumbsup ......though not from the Spider Monkey of course.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
06-11-2015, 01:31 PM
(06-11-2015 06:50 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I recently started posting small snippets of info about primates called "Primate Fact of the Day" on my facebook page. I don't know if I'll post something every single day, but I'll try to keep this up provided I have time and continued interest. Here are the two I've already posted.

Hummm. Really? Not even a non working preliminary kind of thumb digit? Why don't spider monkeys any thumbs?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
06-11-2015, 02:50 PM
The Archbishop of Canterbury is the Primate of All England.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
06-11-2015, 05:02 PM
(06-11-2015 01:31 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(06-11-2015 06:50 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I recently started posting small snippets of info about primates called "Primate Fact of the Day" on my facebook page. I don't know if I'll post something every single day, but I'll try to keep this up provided I have time and continued interest. Here are the two I've already posted.

Hummm. Really? Not even a non working preliminary kind of thumb digit? Why don't spider monkeys any thumbs?

They have vestigial bones inside. Thant's it. My guess is that they lost the thumb to avoid breaking it during locomotion in the trees. Also, they have a prehensile tail from which they can hang. It acts as a fifth appendage.
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
06-11-2015, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2015 06:31 AM by ghostexorcist.)
Here is one before I post it on facebook tomorrow.

Primate Fact of the Day #3: Soprano Opera singers are jealous of the Gibbon because it can easily perform vocal feats that takes them years of practice to master.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn2...-sopranos/

[Image: P8AAZF.png]
[+] 4 users Like ghostexorcist's post
06-11-2015, 07:55 PM
(06-11-2015 07:47 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Here is one before I post it on facebook tomorrow.

Primate Fact of the Day #3: Soprano Opera singers are jealous of the Gibbon because it can easily perform vocal feats that takes them years of practice to master.

[Image: P8AAZF.png]

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post