Primate Fact of the Day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2015, 10:42 AM
RE: Primate Fact of the Day

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2015, 07:53 PM
Primate Fact of the Day #4: The Chimpanzee was given the Genus Pan because their half-man-half animal form and supposed lust for human women recalled the Greek god of that name.

[Image: 8QVooi.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like ghostexorcist's post
09-11-2015, 08:03 PM
I reckon I'm going insane. When I read the title of this thread I got excied because I thought it was about this stuff! Big Grin

[Image: promite290g.png]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
10-11-2015, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 07:01 AM by ghostexorcist.)
Primate Fact of the Day #5: The youngest daughter of a Macaque alpha female outranks all of her older sisters, as well as all other females and even males (other than her mom and dad).

[Image: IXIzDv.png]
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
10-11-2015, 11:45 PM
(10-11-2015 07:09 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Primate Fact of the Day #5: The youngest daughter of a Macaque alpha female outranks all of her older sisters, as well as all other females and even males (other than her dad).

That's kinda weird. Does she become the alpha female later on?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-11-2015, 02:00 AM
(10-11-2015 07:09 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Primate Fact of the Day #5: The youngest daughter of a Macaque alpha female outranks all of her older sisters, as well as all other females and even males (other than her dad).

Even her mother?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
11-11-2015, 06:58 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 07:02 AM by ghostexorcist.)
(10-11-2015 11:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  That's kinda weird. Does she become the alpha female later on?

Yes, provided that the mother doesn't have another daughter. I believe this is a guard against older daughters gaining too much power and usurping their mother.

(11-11-2015 02:00 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Even her mother?

Correction: Other than her mom and dad.
12-11-2015, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2015 09:46 AM by ghostexorcist.)
I posted this on FB yesterday...

Primate Fact of the Day #6: Ham the Chimpanzee (1956-1983) became the very first hominid in space when he was launched from Cape Canaveral, Florida on January 31, 1961. He beat the Russian Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin by just over two months.

[Image: BbgUz4.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like ghostexorcist's post
12-11-2015, 10:38 AM
Primate Fact of the Day #7: The female Japanese Macaque Imo ("Sweet Potato") was like a monkey Julia Childs because generations of her troop adopted her methods of washing potatoes in the ocean, salting them with sea water, and using said water to separate wheat kernels from sand.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...aques.html

[Image: Im0TI0.png]
14-11-2015, 09:57 AM
Primate Fact of the Day #8: The Tarsier, a Southeast Asian Prosimian, is the only carnivorous primate. They eat insects, snakes, birds, bats, etc.

[Image: kDeE9V.png]