Primate Fact of the Day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2015, 10:16 AM
RE: Primate Fact of the Day
(14-11-2015 09:57 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Primate Fact of the Day #8: The Tarsier, a Southeast Asian Prosimian, is the only carnivorous primate. They eat insects, snakes, birds, bats, etc.

[Image: kDeE9V.png]

But it is not the only primate that eats meat.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2015, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2015 03:39 AM by ghostexorcist.)
(14-11-2015 10:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 09:57 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Primate Fact of the Day #8: The Tarsier, a Southeast Asian Prosimian, is the only carnivorous primate. They eat insects, snakes, birds, bats, etc.

But it is not the only primate that eats meat.

Correct. Many primates are omnivores, with fruit, nuts, and leaves making up a larger portion of their diet.
14-11-2015, 10:44 AM

If that tarsier wasn't photoshopped into that pic, that is one cheeky little devil!
Find all posts by this user
14-11-2015, 11:47 AM
(14-11-2015 10:44 AM)Fireball Wrote:  

If that tarsier wasn't photoshopped into that pic, that is one cheeky little devil!

It's totally real and in no way manipulated...
14-11-2015, 12:05 PM
(14-11-2015 11:47 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 10:44 AM)Fireball Wrote:  If that tarsier wasn't photoshopped into that pic, that is one cheeky little devil!

Like religion. Big Grin

(Sorry, couldn't help myself).

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
14-11-2015, 07:37 PM
(14-11-2015 11:47 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 10:44 AM)Fireball Wrote:  If that tarsier wasn't photoshopped into that pic, that is one cheeky little devil!

That little shit gonna be the next apex predator, then. I wouldn't get within (Leupold) scope range of a lion. Little dude's got some stones.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
15-11-2015, 09:34 AM
Primate Fact of the Day #9: The original design for Chewbacca was based on a Lemur, a prosimian endemic to Madagascar (Yes, just like King Julien from the film Madagascar).

http://binarybonsai.com/blog/george-luca...t-its-okay

[Image: UAc1jH.png]
[+] 5 users Like ghostexorcist's post
17-11-2015, 09:26 PM
Yale University Press produced this short video of hominid evolution using a morphing technique. (could only find it on FB).

https://www.facebook.com/willyfoo/videos...881174245/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-11-2015, 07:26 AM
I've been busy with moving as of late. I hope to find time in the future to do more of these.

Primate Fact of the Day #10: Apes like Gorillas, Chimps, and Orangutans sleep in nests constructed from woven tree limbs and leaf padding. This helps keep them safe from big cats that prowl the jungle floor at night.

[Image: oVoYW4.png]
[+] 4 users Like ghostexorcist's post
24-11-2015, 07:40 AM
(24-11-2015 07:26 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I've been busy with moving as of late. I hope to find time in the future to do more of these.

Primate Fact of the Day #10: Apes like Gorillas, Chimps, and Orangutans sleep in nests constructed from woven tree limbs and leaf padding. This helps keep them safe from big cats that prowl the jungle floor at night.

[Image: oVoYW4.png]

I had no idea the babies hatched from eggs. Learn something new everyday. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post