Prisons.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2013, 09:32 AM
Prisons.
I was doing my rounds of reading the mainstream news when I come across this article. (yes its the dailyfail, apologies)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z2JqfZVuyJ

Quote:An end to Britain’s ‘holiday camp’ jails, with a ban on Sky TV, fewer televisions, more prison uniforms, less pocket money for inmates and a ban on gay couples sharing cells is planned by the Government.

TBH this angers me. Not the fact they they are going to make things "tougher" for the people in the prison system... but the fact that they address these issues RATHER than face the issues that PUT PEOPLE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I have a lot of friends who have been through the prison system... it is a joke... it is no deterrent and TBH they could make people do hard labour and that STILL wouldnt stop people.

So before I ask for other peoples thoughts I will state that I think that the prison system is just a band-aid/plaster treating a symptom of a much bigger problem of societys ills. That whilst we focus on "punishing" people we will forever be blind to how the people we are "punishing" actually got there in the first place.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like bemore's post
03-02-2013, 10:10 AM
RE: Prisons.
Nah, they should rot. For life. And while we're at it, I say we throw all homeless people and junkies in with them, useless vermin who are too lazy to lift a finger and who never contribute to society.

If executions weren't so expensive, I'd say kill the lot.

Enough with all this bleeding hearting.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
03-02-2013, 11:31 AM
(03-02-2013 10:10 AM)Vera Wrote:  Nah, they should rot. For life. And while we're at it, I say we throw all homeless people and junkies in with them, useless vermin who are too lazy to lift a finger and who never contribute to society.

Uuhhmmm so, Vera's a republican fascist psycho... ? Wink I'll make sure to lock up my butterflies, lest they risk the loss of their wings.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
03-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Bemore - What do you see as the reason(s) people are there and what might your solution be?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2013, 11:32 AM
(03-02-2013 11:31 AM)kim Wrote:  
(03-02-2013 10:10 AM)Vera Wrote:  Nah, they should rot. For life. And while we're at it, I say we throw all homeless people and junkies in with them, useless vermin who are too lazy to lift a finger and who never contribute to society.

Uuhhmmm so, Vera's a republican fascist psycho... ? Wink I'll make sure to lock up my butterflies, lest they risk the loss of their wings.

Yeah, but she's our psycho. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-02-2013, 11:42 AM
(03-02-2013 11:31 AM)kim Wrote:  Uuhhmmm so, Vera's a republican fascist psycho... ? Wink I'll make sure to lock up my butterflies, lest they risk the loss of their wings.
Nah, I don't hurt wittle animals.

Also, I'm the nicest, gentlest psycho you could ever hope to meet (in a dark alley).

Seriously though, I was just sparing some people the effort of typing all that tripe. If I've heard it once, I've heard it a thousand times (the one about homeless people makes my blood boil the most).

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a lynching and then a stoning to take care of.

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
03-02-2013, 12:03 PM
(03-02-2013 11:32 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Bemore - What do you see as the reason(s) people are there and what might your solution be?
A lot of issues really. I think it would require a lot of money and change so I dont see it ever happening but issues like drug offences need looking at.. if certain drugs were legalised and free on prescription then huge swathes of serious/petty crimes offences (prostitution, robbery, theft, burglary etc) would have no means to occur. People serving sentences with drug dependancy related causes need medical help and support alongside their punishment.

Its a huge issue that looks at different "ills" of society and lifestyle choices but I think prevention and rehabilitation with decent access too alternative lifestyle choices just about covers it.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
03-02-2013, 02:44 PM
(03-02-2013 11:42 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(03-02-2013 11:31 AM)kim Wrote:  Uuhhmmm so, Vera's a republican fascist psycho... ? Wink I'll make sure to lock up my butterflies, lest they risk the loss of their wings.
Nah, I don't hurt wittle animals.

Also, I'm the nicest, gentlest psycho you could ever hope to meet (in a dark alley).

Seriously though, I was just sparing some people the effort of typing all that tripe. If I've heard it once, I've heard it a thousand times (the one about homeless people makes my blood boil the most).

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a lynching and then a stoning to take care of.
Hard do know when psychos ?are serious or not! Sleepy
03-02-2013, 02:50 PM
(03-02-2013 02:44 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Hard do know when psychos ?are serious or not! Sleepy

[Image: tumblr_lvxb773Qwu1qalmnt.gif]
Good clue they're pretty damn serious.

(Plus, bemore seemed to have no problem figuring it out Tongue )

03-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Things are really tough in Indonesian jails.
An Australian woman is doing twenty years, hard, for allegedly importing a few ounces of cannabis.
Other drug mules are executed.

I don't often hear of the 'Mr Bigs' being charged; they lay back in their C.E.O. corporate suites, if not, in some cases, as members of the ruling elite.