Privacy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2015, 01:39 AM
RE: Privacy
(23-01-2015 09:44 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  I'm not about to use the f word to someone who's now 84. After I'd returned to the hospital a few days I knew they were coming so I pulled the curtain wall to wall and snuggled down in bed as tho to sleep. Son of a bitch if he didn't open the curtain and place a "creepy card" on my bedside table, inches from my nose. Later I asked the nurse if a fully pulled curtain is to assure privacy? She said it was but that she will talk with them the next time she sees them. What really pissed me off was that just barely minutes before I'd changed my clothes. The gal in the next bed was shocked that the guy went thro the pulled curtain. Altho I'd stipulated NO VISITORS, it's not enforced. I asked why not a sign NO VISITORS for bed 2? The nurse said they could do that but didn't.

I'm wondering if you have recourse through escalating this up through Hospital administration? Maybe a stern message to staff about violation of hospital policy?

I hope Nurse sees this as she may be able to advise whether this is viable.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2015, 12:39 PM
(23-01-2015 09:44 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  I'm not about to use the f word to someone who's now 84. After I'd returned to the hospital a few days I knew they were coming so I pulled the curtain wall to wall and snuggled down in bed as tho to sleep. Son of a bitch if he didn't open the curtain and place a "creepy card" on my bedside table, inches from my nose. Later I asked the nurse if a fully pulled curtain is to assure privacy? She said it was but that she will talk with them the next time she sees them. What really pissed me off was that just barely minutes before I'd changed my clothes. The gal in the next bed was shocked that the guy went thro the pulled curtain. Altho I'd stipulated NO VISITORS, it's not enforced. I asked why not a sign NO VISITORS for bed 2? The nurse said they could do that but didn't.

Sometimes the nurses (depending on the time) aren't at the nurse's station area, they're in other patient rooms. Depending on the number of nurses they have, it's possible the man saw no one. He probably knows his way around the hospital -- many of them do.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

25-01-2015, 09:29 AM
They go to the hospital quite often to visit a hospitalized friend, to make sure they have Jesus in their heart. I'm finally home and this morning the missus called and asked if I'd like to go to church. She doesn't know when to quit. This has worsened since her mild stroke and it's making it more difficult for me to be kindly toward her. When she learned I wasn't going she went on and on about church programs on tv (we have different satellite providers) and she is continually reminded of that. When younger, this lady was an incredibly kindly person, always helping someone else, cooking for weeks at a time at a kid's camp, fostering children on top of her own 6. She wasn't always like this. I was told she began to change after the death of a 10 yr old son. She's still feeling the pain. This is why dealing with her and hubby is difficult. People who are deeply into religion can be using it to mask depression.