Privileged Planet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2014, 08:08 AM
Privileged Planet
Some time ago I guy I work with (the same guy who told me aliens are demons and god does help amputees grow their limbs back) gave me a movie to watch.
He said this movie was given to him from his doctor friend and that I would enjoy it because "you are a man if science."
It's obvious that he was attempting to convince me that the movie was based on real science and that mentioning it was given to him by a doctor was supposed to add credibility. Of course I seen right through this tactic as I'm sure any if you would have. But because I'm not closed minded like this guy I agreed to watch the film and I did.
What a bunch of bullshit! Good for a laugh though. Check it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
30-05-2014, 10:38 AM
RE: Privileged Planet
(30-05-2014 08:08 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Some time ago I guy I work with (the same guy who told me aliens are demons and god does help amputees grow their limbs back) gave me a movie to watch.
He said this movie was given to him from his doctor friend and that I would enjoy it because "you are a man if science."
It's obvious that he was attempting to convince me that the movie was based on real science and that mentioning it was given to him by a doctor was supposed to add credibility. Of course I seen right through this tactic as I'm sure any if you would have. But because I'm not closed minded like this guy I agreed to watch the film and I did.
What a bunch of bullshit! Good for a laugh though. Check it out.

Maybe it's just me, but you might want to (a) tell the name of the movie, or (b) provide a link to the movie.

Just a thought......

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
30-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Privileged Planet perhaps?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
30-05-2014, 11:16 AM
(30-05-2014 10:38 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Maybe it's just me, but you might want to (a) tell the name of the movie, or (b) provide a link to the movie.

Just a thought......

It is just you Thinkerbelle, it is just you. Anyways, great reply. Laugh out load

"Newton's third law: The only way humans have ever figured out of getting somewhere is to leave something behind." - TARS, Interstellar
"Newtons drittes Gesetz: Der einzige Weg wie Menschen irgendwo hin kommen, ist der dass sie etwas zur├╝cklassen." - TARS, Interstellar
30-05-2014, 11:32 AM
Anthropic Principle on steroids. Drinking Beverage

Woo woo woo wooeeeeeee!

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-05-2014, 11:40 AM
As he is a drunken druid, omitting essentials should be considered normal.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
30-05-2014, 12:21 PM
(30-05-2014 10:45 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Privileged Planet perhaps?

Oh, sure. Make it look like *I* am the one who's too stoopid to connect the thread title to the name of the movie. Dodgy

Blush

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
30-05-2014, 01:19 PM
(30-05-2014 12:21 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 10:45 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Privileged Planet perhaps?

Oh, sure. Make it look like *I* am the one who's too stoopid to connect the thread title to the name of the movie. Dodgy

Blush

You're not the only one. I kept scrolling down the comments looking for the name or a link...LOL

The planet should be privileged to have me on it. After all, there is only one ME Big Grin

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post