[Show Results]

Pro Israel or Pro Palestine?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2016, 09:26 PM
RE: Pro Israel or Pro Palestine?
(22-11-2016 09:18 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  [Image: sockpuppet_zps7e30invy.jpg]

You gonna get banned Heywood.

This confused me so much, but after looking at the rules to see what rules I was breaking and seeing the sock puppet and how you had a sock puppet in your image I drew the conclusion that you were in fact talking about a past member who was banned who went by the name of Heywood.

I'm not him hobbit, but I am curious as to why you think I am.

(22-11-2016 09:13 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(22-11-2016 09:00 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Israeli law is inherently more secular, and their support more strategically advantageous. Supporting Israel is therefore more relevant to what I'd like to see as our long term goals.

Unfortunately everyone's gotta get all emotional about it and convince themselves that one or the other holds the moral high ground Hobo

Advantageous to whomm? Idk who our is or what the long term goals of that are either.

Also I am not sure it's defined a secular but conflict driven and hated region opposed to a potential period of more internal radical vs contemporary main religious strides.

That's like does a really secular college town have a benefit or contrast in the reaction of a deeply religious large community.

I think religion has less to do with their hatred and more of widespread media campaign to promote intolerance.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2016, 09:39 PM
(22-11-2016 09:26 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I'm not him hobbit, but I am curious as to why you think I am.

I'm sure you'll figure it out. Drinking Beverage

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
22-11-2016, 09:41 PM
Is it safe for me to assume that by "Pro Israel" you meant what Israel is promoting, and that there would be an Israeli and Palestinian state and that by "Pro Palestinian" you meant what the Palestinians want, and that there would only be a Palestinian state and no Jewish state?
22-11-2016, 09:44 PM
pro crast

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
22-11-2016, 09:51 PM
(22-11-2016 09:41 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Is it safe for me to assume that by "Pro Israel" you meant what Israel is promoting, and that there would be an Israeli and Palestinian state and that by "Pro Palestinian" you meant what the Palestinians want, and that there would only be a Palestinian state and no Jewish state?

Seems to be a pattern, ask an opinion on hideously complex and broad situation with overly simplistic question -- then complain about people wanting it clarified.

There must be a logical fallacy about that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-11-2016, 09:53 PM
(22-11-2016 09:41 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Is it safe for me to assume that by "Pro Israel" you meant what Israel is promoting, and that there would be an Israeli and Palestinian state and that by "Pro Palestinian" you meant what the Palestinians want, and that there would only be a Palestinian state and no Jewish state?

I meant this as in whom we should be supporting.

(22-11-2016 09:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Seems to be a pattern, ask an opinion on hideously complex and broad situation with overly simplistic question -- then complain about people wanting it clarified.

There must be a logical fallacy about that.

I believe its less complex than you may think.
22-11-2016, 09:55 PM
(22-11-2016 09:53 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  

I meant this as in whom we should be supporting.

Well, Israel wants a two-state solution so everyone can have land and they can live in peace, and the Palestinians want to kill the Jews and take all the land for themselves.

So.... Yeah.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
22-11-2016, 10:07 PM
(22-11-2016 09:55 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(22-11-2016 09:53 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I meant this as in whom we should be supporting.

Well, Israel wants a two-state solution so everyone can have land and they can live in peace, and the Palestinians want to kill the Jews and take all the land for themselves.

So.... Yeah.

They say they want a two state solution, while they keep on settling in Palestinian lands.
22-11-2016, 10:08 PM
Neither. Both have lagit probs with the other and both antagonize each other, and neither want to face that religion is at the core of this bullshit beef. Neither, anymore than Christians or Hindus or Buddhists for that matter, want to face the fact that the universe is much older than their old myths. But currently Islam and Christianity and Jewish religions are STUPIDLY using our planet of 7 billion for a fucking bullshit invisible sky wizard war which nobody can prove exists.

All 7 billion humans are the same species. There were no borders 200,000 years ago. Our planet has had 5 mass extinctions since evolution started and 5 billion years from now our species will have long gone extinct. Our planet and sun will die and there will be no record of the religions or gods humans invent nor our bullshit tribal beefs.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Brian37's post
22-11-2016, 10:12 PM
(22-11-2016 10:08 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Neither. Both have lagit probs with the other and both antagonize each other, and neither want to face that religion is at the core of this bullshit beef. Neither, anymore than Christians or Hindus or Buddhists for that matter, want to face the fact that the universe is much older than their old myths. But currently Islam and Christianity and Jewish religions are STUPIDLY using our planet of 7 billion for a fucking bullshit invisible sky wizard war which nobody can prove exists.

All 7 billion humans are the same species. There were no borders 200,000 years ago. Our planet has had 5 mass extinctions since evolution started and 5 billion years from now our species will have long gone extinct. Our planet and sun will die and there will be no record of the religions or gods humans invent nor our bullshit tribal beefs.

You may not think you answered my poll, but in reality you answered my poll in exactly the way I wanted.