Pro Israel
Pro Palestine
[Show Results]

Pro Israel or Pro Palestine?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2016, 06:10 AM
RE: Pro Israel or Pro Palestine?
(22-11-2016 09:55 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Well, Israel wants a two-state solution so everyone can have land and they can live in peace, and the Palestinians want to kill the Jews and take all the land for themselves.
The Israeli propaganda is strong with this one. Baaaa Baaaa.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2016, 06:32 AM
(22-11-2016 08:43 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(22-11-2016 08:42 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  pro human

Ah No fence sitters! I didn't put a middle ground on this for a reason, I wanted to see what people would vote if they had to choose between one or the other.

I vote you off the island.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
23-11-2016, 10:52 AM
(23-11-2016 03:07 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Because it's not an either/or, it's a both/and.

When you already have a credulous population because of their religious culture, you can use that to manipulate them at the political level. Our GOP are masters of doing it to the "Religious Right". It isn't a recent phenomenon... the stakes are just higher in the age of nuclear weapons, climate change, and resource scarcity due to an exploding population.

Before, all you could do was convince people that "God says" that "Our People" really need to wipe out those "Evil People" over there on that land that "God promised to Us." Now, we stand a good chance of wiping out our entire species. What worked so well before, in the age of tribal and city-state warfare, may be our undoing as the Age of Empires turns into the nuclear age.

Lacking much power to stop the political elites throughout the world, I do my best to erode the religious underpinnings of their power by encouraging skeptical thought and better methods of evaluating new (and old) information. Teach people to think scientifically, and the giants of industry (and their purchased political leaders) will not be able to get away with as much.

As Voltaire put it:

"Once your faith, sir, persuades you to believe what your intelligence declares to be absurd, beware lest you likewise sacrifice your reason in the conduct of your life. In days gone by, there were people who said to us: "You believe in incomprehensible, contradictory and impossible things because we have commanded you to; now then, commit unjust acts because we likewise order you to do so." Nothing could be more convincing. Certainly any one who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices. If you do not use the intelligence with which God endowed your mind to resist believing impossibilities, you will not be able to use the sense of injustice which God planted in your heart to resist a command to do evil. Once a single faculty of your soul has been tyrannized, all the other faculties will submit to the same fate. This has been the cause of all the religious crimes that have flooded the earth."

(This is often paraphrased as, "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities", which he didn't actually say.)

(Bold emphasis my own.)

The cold war, both world wars, the civil war (american), didn't have much in the way of religious differences between the main parties involved. It was straight up politics, evil capitalism and evil communism, the problem is not with religion its with bad ideologies. Which kind of would fall into your both/and because I'm not saying religion isn't capable of having bad ideologies, but I am saying most people don't follow them. Where as politics on the other hand...

So I believe your actions are in vain.

It doesn't cut off the head of the snake just the tail, so to speak.
23-11-2016, 11:39 AM
First of all, "Pro" in terms of what?

And if that problem doesn't make the poll bad enough, it seems this is just bullshit games:
(22-11-2016 08:43 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Ah No fence sitters! I didn't put a middle ground on this for a reason, I wanted to see what people would vote if they had to choose between one or the other.

(22-11-2016 10:12 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  You may not think you answered my poll, but in reality you answered my poll in exactly the way I wanted.
Funny, I don't see a "neither" option, you stated you only wanted the two options you gave, but Brian answered "exactly as you wanted". Rolleyes

Yeeeaaaahh... I'm outta here. Drinking Beverage

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
23-11-2016, 01:08 PM
(22-11-2016 09:26 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(22-11-2016 09:18 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  [Image: sockpuppet_zps7e30invy.jpg]

You gonna get banned Heywood.

This confused me so much, but after looking at the rules to see what rules I was breaking and seeing the sock puppet and how you had a sock puppet in your image I drew the conclusion that you were in fact talking about a past member who was banned who went by the name of Heywood.

I'm not him hobbit, but I am curious as to why you think I am.

(22-11-2016 09:13 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Advantageous to whomm? Idk who our is or what the long term goals of that are either.

Also I am not sure it's defined a secular but conflict driven and hated region opposed to a potential period of more internal radical vs contemporary main religious strides.

That's like does a really secular college town have a benefit or contrast in the reaction of a deeply religious large community.

I think religion has less to do with their hatred and more of widespread media campaign to promote intolerance.

How would you even know who he was ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
23-11-2016, 01:11 PM
(23-11-2016 01:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-11-2016 09:26 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  This confused me so much, but after looking at the rules to see what rules I was breaking and seeing the sock puppet and how you had a sock puppet in your image I drew the conclusion that you were in fact talking about a past member who was banned who went by the name of Heywood.

I'm not him hobbit, but I am curious as to why you think I am.

I think religion has less to do with their hatred and more of widespread media campaign to promote intolerance.

How would you even know who he was ?

Because I looked up who he was after realizing what hobbit was saying.
23-11-2016, 02:32 PM
How about you convince me as to how it's any of my business?

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-11-2016, 03:12 PM
(22-11-2016 09:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-11-2016 09:41 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Is it safe for me to assume that by "Pro Israel" you meant what Israel is promoting, and that there would be an Israeli and Palestinian state and that by "Pro Palestinian" you meant what the Palestinians want, and that there would only be a Palestinian state and no Jewish state?

Seems to be a pattern, ask an opinion on hideously complex and broad situation with overly simplistic question -- then complain about people wanting it clarified.

There must be a logical fallacy about that.

There is.

Either/or: "This is a conclusion that oversimplifies the argument by reducing it to only two sides or choices. Example:

We can either stop using cars or destroy the earth.
In this example, the two choices are presented as the only options, yet the author ignores a range of choices in between such as developing cleaner technology, car-sharing systems for necessities and emergencies, or better community planning to discourage daily driving.”

https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/659/03/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
23-11-2016, 03:26 PM
(23-11-2016 03:12 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(22-11-2016 09:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Seems to be a pattern, ask an opinion on hideously complex and broad situation with overly simplistic question -- then complain about people wanting it clarified.

There must be a logical fallacy about that.

There is.

Either/or: "This is a conclusion that oversimplifies the argument by reducing it to only two sides or choices. Example:

We can either stop using cars or destroy the earth.
In this example, the two choices are presented as the only options, yet the author ignores a range of choices in between such as developing cleaner technology, car-sharing systems for necessities and emergencies, or better community planning to discourage daily driving.”

https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/659/03/

Or eliminate 90% of the population, preferably using environmentally friendly population control methods.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
23-11-2016, 05:14 PM
(23-11-2016 03:26 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Or eliminate 90% of the population

On the upside, we as a species seem to be hard at work on that third option.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson