Pro Israel
Pro Palestine
[Show Results]

Pro Israel or Pro Palestine?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2016, 06:10 PM
RE: Pro Israel or Pro Palestine?
(22-11-2016 09:00 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Israeli law is inherently more secular, and their support more strategically advantageous. Supporting Israel is therefore more relevant to what I'd like to see as our long term goals.

Unfortunately everyone's gotta get all emotional about it and convince themselves that one or the other holds the moral high ground Hobo

Well to be fair, Palestine does hold the moral high ground here.
I mean that's just fact.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2016, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2016 06:51 PM by Celestial_Wonder.)
(23-11-2016 02:32 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  How about you convince me as to how it's any of my business?

Cantor your business is what you make of it, there is no contractual agreement between people that says we have to care for one another, but know this, as we sit idly by with our technological devices living a seemingly carefree life there are those who oppress and murder in OUR name not god's name but in the name of the United States, the United Kingdom, France. I do not know about you, but I will not be a part of it, and I will do everything in my power to hinder them. As they will, I suspect, do the same to me.

Because my dearest Cantor, once they can no longer set their focus outwardly, they will start to set their focus inward, and when that day comes it will be you and I who are in the positions of the most unfortunate. So no, you do not have to make it your business, but sooner or later, the business of others will come to you... regardless if you want it to or not.

"I will be an enemy to the people, and will devise all the harm against them which I can" - Aristotle quoting an Oligarchy.

(23-11-2016 06:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(22-11-2016 09:00 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Israeli law is inherently more secular, and their support more strategically advantageous. Supporting Israel is therefore more relevant to what I'd like to see as our long term goals.

Unfortunately everyone's gotta get all emotional about it and convince themselves that one or the other holds the moral high ground Hobo

I mean that's just fact.

Israel has the high ground too, just not of the moral variety.
23-11-2016, 08:09 PM
(23-11-2016 06:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

I mean that's just fact.

I'd suggest visiting both in person before letting the media draw your conclusion. And bring up the topic of atheism while there.

'Murican Canadian
23-11-2016, 08:19 PM
(23-11-2016 08:09 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 06:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well to be fair, Palestine does hold the moral high ground here.
I mean that's just fact.

I'd suggest visiting both in person before letting the media draw your conclusion. And bring up the topic of atheism while there.

I'm talking about overall.
I mean it's not Palestine that just pushed their way into a country and forced out all the locals and is continuing to do so today. It's modern day colonialism. That's all there is to it.

I'm not saying I'm pro-Palestine, I'm not. I'm pro-Isreal. But not because of "moral high ground" but because Isreal is the better country, I'd rather a Jewish country than another Muslim country. But I understand why groups like HAMAS exist. I mean what would you do if say China or Russia took over your country? Would you just roll over and accept it? People need to put themselves in these peoples shoes.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
23-11-2016, 08:36 PM
(23-11-2016 08:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 08:09 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I'd suggest visiting both in person before letting the media draw your conclusion. And bring up the topic of atheism while there.

I'm talking about overall.
I mean it's not Palestine that just pushed their way into a country and forced out all the locals and is continuing to do so today. It's modern day colonialism. That's all there is to it.

I'm not saying I'm pro-Palestine, I'm not. I'm pro-Isreal. But not because of "moral high ground" but because Isreal is the better country, I'd rather a Jewish country than another Muslim country. But I understand why groups like HAMAS exist. I mean what would you do if say China or Russia took over your country? Would you just roll over and accept it? People need to put themselves in these peoples shoes.

I don't have anything against them. If I decide that the best option in any given situation is to forcibly remove someone from this world, it won't be with anger or hatred that I do it.

'Murican Canadian
23-11-2016, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2016 09:03 PM by Celestial_Wonder.)
(23-11-2016 08:09 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I'd suggest visiting both in person before letting the media draw your conclusion. And bring up the topic of atheism while there.

I would gather that there are a lot more atheists now in Palestine, and a lot more people who yet hold to the old religion. For when you have everything stripped from you, you either lose hope, or you cling to it desperately.

(23-11-2016 08:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm talking about overall.

Beware of nationalism, it will be the death of all your rationality. China, Russia, American, all these imaginary lines and terms to divide us from ourselves, set by people who have no real interest in improving the lives of the humble worker yet only seek instead to better than own standing. Yes I wouldn't care if China or Russia took over the United States, because I am not attached to this government or theirs, nor any other government. I instead prefer to attach myself to my family, which is all of humanity. So the real question is, would they treat my family better than the current government?

I'd rather a Jewish Country? I'd rather a Muslim country? I'd rather not.
23-11-2016, 09:02 PM
(23-11-2016 08:57 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  

I would gather that there are a lot more atheists now in Palestine, and a lot more people who yet hold to the old religion. For when you have everything stripped from you, you either lose hope, or you cling to it desperately.

(23-11-2016 08:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm talking about overall.

Beware of nationalism, it will be the death of all your rationality. China, Russia, American, all these imaginary lines and terms to divide us from ourselves, set by people who have no real interest in improving the lives of the humble worker yet only seek instead to better than own standing. Yes I wouldn't care if China or Russia took over the United States, because I am not attached to this government or theirs, nor any other government. I instead prefer to attach myself to my family, which is all of humanity. I'd rather a Jewish Country? I'd rather a Muslim country? I'd rather not.

Personally I'd rather team up with Russia or China and go invade someone else. That just sounds like a blast.

Maybe we can be the bad guys in WW3 ClapClapClap

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
23-11-2016, 09:07 PM
(23-11-2016 09:02 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 08:57 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I would gather that there are a lot more atheists now in Palestine, and a lot more people who yet hold to the old religion. For when you have everything stripped from you, you either lose hope, or you cling to it desperately.

Beware of nationalism, it will be the death of all your rationality. China, Russia, American, all these imaginary lines and terms to divide us from ourselves, set by people who have no real interest in improving the lives of the humble worker yet only seek instead to better than own standing. Yes I wouldn't care if China or Russia took over the United States, because I am not attached to this government or theirs, nor any other government. I instead prefer to attach myself to my family, which is all of humanity. I'd rather a Jewish Country? I'd rather a Muslim country? I'd rather not.

Personally I'd rather team up with Russia or China and go invade someone else. That just sounds like a blast.

Maybe we can be the bad guys in WW3 ClapClapClap

Never a good extraterrestrial invasion, when you need one, eh????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
23-11-2016, 09:13 PM
I vote for cheese.
23-11-2016, 09:19 PM
(23-11-2016 09:13 PM)pablo Wrote:  I vote for cheese.

Does kanafah count? Because for that I'd give the edge to Palestine.

'Murican Canadian