Pro Palestine
[Show Results]

Pro Israel or Pro Palestine?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2016, 09:22 PM
RE: Pro Israel or Pro Palestine?
(23-11-2016 09:19 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 09:13 PM)pablo Wrote:  I vote for cheese.

Does kanafah count? Because for that I'd give the edge to Palestine.

Is that cheese?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2016, 09:33 PM
(23-11-2016 09:22 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 09:19 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Does kanafah count? Because for that I'd give the edge to Palestine.

Is that cheese?

Kind of. It's a cheese pastry. And it's Censored amazing.

'Murican Canadian
23-11-2016, 11:01 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2016 11:17 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-11-2016 06:21 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 02:32 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  How about you convince me as to how it's any of my business?

Cantor your business is what you make of it, there is no contractual agreement between people that says we have to care for one another, but know this, as we sit idly by with our technological devices living a seemingly carefree life there are those who oppress and murder in OUR name not god's name but in the name of the United States, the United Kingdom, France. I do not know about you, but I will not be a part of it, and I will do everything in my power to hinder them. As they will, I suspect, do the same to me.

Because my dearest Cantor, once they can no longer set their focus outwardly, they will start to set their focus inward, and when that day comes it will be you and I who are in the positions of the most unfortunate. So no, you do not have to make it your business, but sooner or later, the business of others will come to you... regardless if you want it to or not.

"I will be an enemy to the people, and will devise all the harm against them which I can" - Aristotle quoting an Oligarchy.

(23-11-2016 06:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well to be fair, Palestine does hold the moral high ground here.
I mean that's just fact.

Israel has the high ground too, just not of the moral variety.

Don't be telling my prophet what his business is. His god will tell him what he should do.
Recreating an ancient religious state secondary to global guilt over WW2 was a HUGE mistake. They should fence off the place and not allow anyone in for a few thousand years.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-11-2016, 11:34 PM
(23-11-2016 08:57 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 08:09 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I'd suggest visiting both in person before letting the media draw your conclusion. And bring up the topic of atheism while there.

I would gather that there are a lot more atheists now in Palestine, and a lot more people who yet hold to the old religion. For when you have everything stripped from you, you either lose hope, or you cling to it desperately.

(23-11-2016 08:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm talking about overall.
I mean it's not Palestine that just pushed their way into a country and forced out all the locals and is continuing to do so today. It's modern day colonialism. That's all there is to it.

I'm not saying I'm pro-Palestine, I'm not. I'm pro-Isreal. But not because of "moral high ground" but because Isreal is the better country, I'd rather a Jewish country than another Muslim country. But I understand why groups like HAMAS exist. I mean what would you do if say China or Russia took over your country? Would you just roll over and accept it? People need to put themselves in these peoples shoes.

Beware of nationalism, it will be the death of all your rationality. China, Russia, American, all these imaginary lines and terms to divide us from ourselves, set by people who have no real interest in improving the lives of the humble worker yet only seek instead to better than own standing. Yes I wouldn't care if China or Russia took over the United States, because I am not attached to this government or theirs, nor any other government. I instead prefer to attach myself to my family, which is all of humanity. So the real question is, would they treat my family better than the current government?

I'd rather a Jewish Country? I'd rather a Muslim country? I'd rather not.

What are you, a fucking hippie flower child?

That's all well and good but it's extremely unrealistic and nothing but ideology.
I can see us going that way in the very very distant future after a major world event like WW5 or the invention of warp drives and the discovery of some menacing alien race sc-fi shit. But now?? Nothing but bullshit.

I agree that nationalism and patriotism are fucking bullshit but it's also reality. And we live in reality, not fairyland.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
23-11-2016, 11:40 PM
(23-11-2016 11:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(23-11-2016 08:57 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I would gather that there are a lot more atheists now in Palestine, and a lot more people who yet hold to the old religion. For when you have everything stripped from you, you either lose hope, or you cling to it desperately.

Beware of nationalism, it will be the death of all your rationality. China, Russia, American, all these imaginary lines and terms to divide us from ourselves, set by people who have no real interest in improving the lives of the humble worker yet only seek instead to better than own standing. Yes I wouldn't care if China or Russia took over the United States, because I am not attached to this government or theirs, nor any other government. I instead prefer to attach myself to my family, which is all of humanity. So the real question is, would they treat my family better than the current government?

I'd rather a Jewish Country? I'd rather a Muslim country? I'd rather not.

What are you, a fucking hippie flower child?

That's all well and good but it's extremely unrealistic and nothing but ideology.
I can see us going that way in the very very distant future after a major world event like WW5 or the invention of warp drives and the discovery of some menacing alien race sc-fi shit. But now?? Nothing but bullshit.

I agree that nationalism and patriotism are fucking bullshit but it's also reality. And we live in reality, not fairyland.

Maybe the Earth will catch an asteroid right smack in the Middle-East.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
24-11-2016, 12:25 AM
I am inclined to side with Israel.
24-11-2016, 01:49 AM
Whenever this topic rears its ugly head, that line from that song pops up in my head - they paved paradise and put up a parking lot -

Where's the Pro glass the place option?

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2016, 02:00 AM
(23-11-2016 11:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  What are you, a fucking hippie flower child?

Our aspirations for the future should be nothing less than what we strive for in the present.

How we interpret reality is almost entirely determined by consensus, the only reason that nationalism and patriotism exist is because we let them exist. The same holds true for the government, how would a government stop mass civil disobedience where everyone simply refused to do what the government wanted. Whether it be pay taxes, or serve in the military, or even refuse to acknowledge even the authority of the police officers? The government is powerless in such a scenario, because the government derives power from the people the common denominator.

The only reason the government is in power, is because of our consensus that it should either A. be in power or B. there is nothing we can do about it.

But I hold C. which is I refuse to even acknowledge their sovereignty.

I abandoned them long ago, just like my old religion.
24-11-2016, 02:19 AM
False dichotomy. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
24-11-2016, 02:29 AM
(24-11-2016 02:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  False dichotomy. Drinking Beverage

We do what we must sometimes in order to learn what people would choose if the middle option was not an option.