Pro Life Religious Pamphlet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2012, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 05:14 PM by pppgggr.)
Pro Life Religious Pamphlet
Well, Today I was handed a pamphlet by some man outside my school as I was heading home. I opened to a random page and began to realize it was written by conservative religious nutt-jobs, and they compare Abortion to the holocaust. The last page then proceeds to talk about Jebuz and how we're all going to hell unless we repent. After some research, I realized it was made by a company called Project Truth, as well as finding a digital copy, though shitty in quality. Tell me what you think.

Edit: Attachment isnt working. Here. http://sohlnet.org/educational%20materia...pt2011.pdf

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO CANNOT READ, THE PAMPHLET CONTAINS GRAPHICS PHOTOS

[Image: 8ffeae9d.jpg]
Credit to Atothetheist
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2012, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 05:06 PM by Ozzie.)
RE: Pro Life Religious Pamphlet
No offense, but how about you give people a warning next time that the linked material contains graphic pictures that may be extremely disturbing to others?Angry Something along the lines of: Warning, pictures of human body parts.

People may have children in the same room they are using their computers, and may not want their children to be exposed to something extremely graphic. Some people may have a weak disposition to such pictures, and may not want to watch something like that if they have a warning as to the content.

Stop the itchy blanket of Creationism from spreading to our classrooms. Say no to Iron Age superstitions Evil_monster
09-10-2012, 05:02 PM
(09-10-2012 05:01 PM)Ozzie Wrote:  No offense, but how about you give people a warning next time that the linked material contains graphic pictures that may be extremely disturbing to others?Angry

People may have children in the same room they are using their computers, and may not want their children to be exposed to something extremely graphic, or some people may have a weak disposition to such pictures.

The first page of the pamphlet had a warning on it about the graphic photos.

Credit to Atothetheist
[+] 1 user Likes pppgggr's post
09-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Propaganda is fun, say it with me children.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
09-10-2012, 05:05 PM
A rather vague warning considering the material. At any rate, I think everyone now knows that they should not open the link unless they are willing to watch pictures of body parts and fetuses.

Stop the itchy blanket of Creationism from spreading to our classrooms. Say no to Iron Age superstitions Evil_monster
09-10-2012, 05:05 PM
(09-10-2012 05:02 PM)pppgggr Wrote:  
(09-10-2012 05:01 PM)Ozzie Wrote:  No offense, but how about you give people a warning next time that the linked material contains graphic pictures that may be extremely disturbing to others?Angry

People may have children in the same room they are using their computers, and may not want their children to be exposed to something extremely graphic, or some people may have a weak disposition to such pictures.

The first page of the pamphlet had a warning on it about the graphic photos.

There was no warning for the idiocy.

But I suppose I should have known better.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
09-10-2012, 05:15 PM
(09-10-2012 05:05 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(09-10-2012 05:02 PM)pppgggr Wrote:  The first page of the pamphlet had a warning on it about the graphic photos.

There was no warning for the idiocy.

If people recognized their idiocy, it wouldn't be idiocy, but comedy.

Credit to Atothetheist
09-10-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm not pro-choice, I'm pro-abortion.
I don't need to hide behind sugar-coated terms to speak my mind.
Pics are just fine. Don't like the looks of an abortion, don't have one.
What else is there to say?

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
09-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Never heard of the doctors. There is no "moment of conception". It's a long process. The fetus on day 5 has no neural tube, thus no brain. It's an "entity", without a brain, It's a "potential" human at that point. So are eggs and sperm, not united. Most abortions happen spontaneously, and many times the woman doesn't even know they happen.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/prenatal-care/PR00112

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-10-2012, 07:07 PM
(09-10-2012 05:15 PM)pppgggr Wrote:  
(09-10-2012 05:05 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  There was no warning for the idiocy.

If people recognized their idiocy, it wouldn't be idiocy, but comedy.

"The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes.[1]
Actual competence may weaken self-confidence, as competent individuals may falsely assume that others have an equivalent understanding. As Kruger and Dunning conclude, "the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others" (p. 1127).[2]"

That's from Wiki, but you get the gist......

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post