Pro Life Religious Pamphlet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2012, 08:57 PM
RE: Pro Life Religious Pamphlet
(09-10-2012 08:55 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Emotional advertising is almost always used for an agenda and/or world view.

The good thing is; we humans become unreceptive toward graphic content if exposed to enough examples over time, eventually those pamphlets will be totally useless.

I think you should say " Angendas employ Emotional Advertising almost all the time" rather than the first sentence. That would be closer to the truth. Emotional advertising is used to sell movies, books, and services. It is not exclusive to Agendas/ world views.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2012, 09:46 PM
(09-10-2012 08:15 PM)pppgggr Wrote:  
(09-10-2012 07:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I see you're from California. If you go to a public school and dude was distributing this on school property, report it to your administration. It likely qualifies as criminal.

Even if it was just on the sidewalk in front of the school?

Dunno, I'd report it to your school's administrators anyway. There's likely a local ordinance against distributing bullshit within a certain proximity of a public school. I know there is in the People's Republic of Maryland, not sure about Cali, but I'd expect something similar.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
09-10-2012, 10:03 PM
(09-10-2012 08:57 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(09-10-2012 08:55 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Emotional advertising is almost always used for an agenda and/or world view.

The good thing is; we humans become unreceptive toward graphic content if exposed to enough examples over time, eventually those pamphlets will be totally useless.

I think you should say " Angendas employ Emotional Advertising almost all the time" rather than the first sentence. That would be closer to the truth. Emotional advertising is used to sell movies, books, and services. It is not exclusive to Agendas/ world views.

Right, I understand, perhaps I should have phrased it differently.

The pamphlet uses shock-based emotional advertising, a tactic employed very commonly by agenda driven campaigns, wherein the objective is to steer people toward a given conclusion or action.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-10-2012, 11:58 PM
I've always found it pathetic when they think showing graphic images constitutes a point for their side.

A heart bypass or amputation looks equally gross yet no one would argue that we should stop with the procedure because it looks gross.

It's a freaking medical procedure of course it's going to look very graphic!
[+] 1 user Likes Godless's post
10-10-2012, 02:20 AM
It's an attempt to shock, disgust and disturb those who view the pamphlet to rally support against the supposed issue contained within, when contrasted against bypasses, transplants, amputation or whatever else you could come up with, the same logic can be applied, if it were not for widespread knowledge of their benefits, it'd probably work too.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
10-10-2012, 05:54 AM
*Continues eating his steak*

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-10-2012, 06:16 AM
*nods* Never waste good meat.

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
10-10-2012, 09:33 AM
(09-10-2012 11:58 PM)Godless Wrote:  I've always found it pathetic when they think showing graphic images constitutes a point for their side.

A heart bypass or amputation looks equally gross yet no one would argue that we should stop with the procedure because it looks gross.

It's a freaking medical procedure of course it's going to look very graphic!

You hit the nail on the head. I found the pictures utterly revolting, but that's because I am not a medical professional who is exposed to blood, flesh, organs, and tissue every single day to the point that they become desensitized to it. I once had the opportunity to observe from a gallery, in an operating room at a teaching hospital, a surgery to remove a benign tumor from a patient. Even though no one would disagree with procedures like this being performed, as a non-medical person there were times in which I thought I would faint or throw up. Humans have a natural revulsion to the sight of organs, tissue, and body fluids, and that pamphlet plays to that human instinct without making any relevant argument or valid points.

Stop the itchy blanket of Creationism from spreading to our classrooms. Say no to Iron Age superstitions Evil_monster
10-10-2012, 01:18 PM
(09-10-2012 09:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-10-2012 08:15 PM)pppgggr Wrote:  Even if it was just on the sidewalk in front of the school?

Dunno, I'd report it to your school's administrators anyway. There's likely a local ordinance against distributing bullshit within a certain proximity of a public school. I know there is in the People's Republic of Maryland, not sure about Cali, but I'd expect something similar.

I'm no lawyer, but here in Utah, my siidewalk is part of my property - if it snows and I don't shovel the walk, and somebody slips and suffers an injury on my icy sidewalk, they can sue me. Same for public property. I could sue a restaurant or store or school if I slip and fall on their icy sidewalk because it's their property.

The street is different - not part of my private property and not part of any business' property (but parking lots are).

Maybe it works like that in your state, in which case, the sidewalk is part of the school's property.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
10-10-2012, 02:26 PM
(09-10-2012 06:33 PM)Thomas Wrote:  I'm not pro-choice, I'm pro-abortion.
I don't need to hide behind sugar-coated terms to speak my mind.
Pics are just fine. Don't like the looks of an abortion, don't have one.
What else is there to say?
This is a slight tangent I know, but I disagree that pro-choice is a sugar-coated term. There are people who are pro-abortion and people that are anti-abortion - regarding themselves. The term "pro-choice" is entirely different in that it describes a person's viewpoint about the role of legislation as it applies to all individuals. Pro-choice people are also either pro-abortion or anti-abortion (more often the former, but not always) regarding themselves in addition to being pro-choice.

Sorry, my mind tends to be analytical and small details out of place bug me. Carry on. Drinking Beverage

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair